Ricky Holmes

You seem good at guessing and trying to chuck mud at everything, maybe your assumption on this is wrong.
Who knows if we get Holmes, but the player and the club seemed happy with the situation, it was just the sheff utd people who couldn't get their act together.

If thats the case hell be here then. Lets see.

Why would it be true?
Oldest trick in the book
Looking at 'exciting' signings none of whom come off.
Remember the Venky's? When they came in they were 'looking at' signing Beckham and Ronaldo......

I'm sorry perhaps I am confused on what you referring too, but you think the whole Holmes thing is big "trick". So KR, Oxford journalists, Sheffield United journalists, Chris Wilder and even Homes himself (photographed at the training ground) are all involved in this conspiracy?

You forgot Ricky Holmes himself. Actually took time out to pose in the dressing room with Oxford players.

He’s nothing but committed is our* Ricky.

*obviously not ours and never will be due to the huge hoax. ??

I miss the likes of Charlie and Miles who at least brought a little intelligence to their negative monologues. The likes of @malcolmsmoustache and @Mellowyellow are a little on the dumb side!!

For those who are interested, the club have done everything they can to bring the Holmes deal to completion and it is a case of when rather than if it is finalised. Our budget is also higher than it was over the last 2 seasons in league 1 and we will likely see at least one if not 2 high quality players join Holmes in the next few days.

Of course, if easier, you can believe this is all some big hoax to cover up the fact that Tiger is skint and full of bs!

I miss the likes of Charlie and Miles who at least brought a little intelligence to their negative monologues. The likes of @malcolmsmoustache and @Mellowyellow are a little on the dumb side!!

For those who are interested, the club have done everything they can to bring the Holmes deal to completion and it is a case of when rather than if it is finalised. Our budget is also higher than it was over the last 2 seasons in league 1 and we will likely see at least one if not 2 high quality players join Holmes in the next few days.

Of course, if easier, you can believe this is all some big hoax to cover up the fact that Tiger is skint and full of bs!

Oh dear started having a go at people even when they don’t say something now have we. I’ve purposely made a single comment, of a rather positive nature, relating to it only being our first game.

Are you really that stupid not to realise it’s because of the constant personal postings by you and the like that some of these people stop posting.

It’s so much better now with the new forum though that there is an ignore button.

You might find others opinions negative, boring, and so on, but my god you make tinnitus seem bearable.

Unfortunately we’ll never be free of those Bears of Little Brain who frequent this forum.

Oh dear started having a go at people even when they don’t say something now have we. I’ve purposely made a single comment, of a rather positive nature, relating to it only being our first game.

Are you really that stupid not to realise it’s because of the constant personal postings by you and the like that some of these people stop posting.

It’s so much better now with the new forum though that there is an ignore button.

You might find others opinions negative, boring, and so on, but my god you make tinnitus seem bearable.

I think you might find Charles doesn't post so much as he is currently involved in taking a load of Sunderland fans for a ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmm. From what I remember, Charlie (although amusing) was frequently rude and personally abusive. I can try that if you want to, but I am not sure it would get us anywhere. All I- and a number of other posters- have been pointing out for a number of weeks is the vast chasm (it's a posh word that means 'gap' btw- see, I can do a lot more like this if you want me to, if you feel it would improve the quality of debate) between what we have been promised and what has been delivered. So far. Most of what is on this forum is interpretation of events, and that is meant to be the point of a forum. At least I thought it was? The Ricky Holmes saga (assuming he doesn't sign) is very odd- it doesn't take more than a thirty second phone call from the club at the start of the process to find out what % of his wages SUFC were expecting OUFC to fund. And if the player hasn't gone off the idea of OUFC, that must mean that either KR doesn't have the funds he was told he had, or SUFC have moved the goalposts. Discuss. Now, is that intelligent enough for you? And remember , do try and write nicely and not be rude.

It is nothing to do with funds, changes of mind or broken promises, just a simple (if annoying) absence in personnel at Sheffield United. I expect it will be resolved tomorrow.

Money is more than available for the right deal.

Scotchegg..how do you know that? Hope it is the case, is the money available thanks to Singha investment?

Manager fails to announce names of targets - obviously no money, no activity, therefore it's a conspiracy.
Manager announces some signings/targets - fans relieved and some even excited!
Manager fails to complete the loan signing of Holmes (despite it being in the hands of the other party) - manager is a liar and clearly incompetent and there s still no money, therefore it's a conspiracy.
Those ITK reveal worrying 'facts' - confirms conspiracy!
The peasants truly are revolting

It is nothing to do with funds, changes of mind or broken promises, just a simple (if annoying) absence in personnel at Sheffield United. I expect it will be resolved tomorrow.

Money is more than available for the right deal.
Scotchegg..how do you know that? Hope it is the case, is the money available thanks to Singha investment?

Money has definitely been invested to cover day to day running costs and to fund the playing budget. Some of that will be from Singha in the way of the sponsorship, but I don't know if they have contributed beyond that. Tiger is not potless as some have suggested but may be being helped from other investors, including Singha.

As far as how I know, I spoke with someone close to the club last week who confirmed Holmes 24hrs before he was 'outed' on Twitter. I was also told that although the deal was close to completion it may not go through on Thursday and to expect nothing over the weekend. This has been accurate to date. The only issue has been getting the right people in place at Sheffield United to get it completed. This wasn't anticipated by anyone at the club.

The player, both managers, and our club are 100% behind the deal. The finances have been confirmed, the agent is happy, it is literally one signature to get this sorted. But no other club is involved and the only way this won't go through is if we change our mind - and that will only happen if we find someone better, which is unlikely at this stage.

I don't expect anyone to believe me, I am no more ITK than most, but to me it is far more credible than the conspiracy theories floating around.

Back
Top Bottom