Refunds

Doesn't sound good for them, no wonder they don't want to play again this season.

All joking aside, that shows how badly affected many clubs are, and that some clubs won't survive in any competitive fashion.

It's not long ago that we could have been in a similar situation, or one that is significantly worse. So whilst we can be grateful for the support Tiger and co. are currently providing the club we shouldn't mock others.

All joking aside, that shows how badly affected many clubs are, and that some clubs won't survive in any competitive fashion.

It's not long ago that we could have been in a similar situation, or one that is significantly worse. So whilst we can be grateful for the support Tiger and co. are currently providing the club we shouldn't mock others.
They’re losing 350k a month. I wonder what we’re losing and other clubs these are definitely unprecedented brines and unless the EFL go to the EPL and ask for help of which they could contribute a nominal % of their income that they earn, otherwise some clubs will definitely go under or certainly be placed into administration.

350k doesn’t sound like much when you consider what income a club like Wycombe and others bring in from match day revenue and other monthly income, then you can see where debts mount up, and clubs breach FFP to try and get promotion to get more money but at the risk of outside companies that trade with these clubs on a monthly basis.

Pure greed

His ‘friends’ do. Whether they are prepared to spend it in the current climate is another matter.
Either way, I feel alot more comfortable with Tiger and Zaki at the helm now than I did a couple of years ago. Thats not to say that I dont think the road ahead will be bumpy, Im prepared for some difficult times, but I honestly feel we’ve got good people at the top. As long as theyre honest with us and we all pull together we’ll get through it.

it does make me laugh when people expect the Premier League and/or their players to donate funds to another business...in the coming months/years many businesses are going to struggle where is the Benefactor to help them? ...what makes a football club so special ? They have season ticket money and in most cases they only had 4/5 more home games and any business worth it's salt has plans in place when sales drop or they should have.

Perhaps now some might understand why others were saying stop the desperation to get another ball kicked this season and focus on the next one...Get the deals done with the various streaming companies and think ahead instead of all this agenda of self interest and self pity.

There are millions out there struggling many unable to work and whether they'll even have a job to return to, many will have deferred Mortgage-Rent-Credit card payments for 3 months minimum and will have those to catch up with plus everyday living costs and family to take care of..

A touch of reality needed i think.

it does make me laugh when people expect the Premier League and/or their players to donate funds to another business...in the coming months/years many businesses are going to struggle where is the Benefactor to help them? ...what makes a football club so special ? They have season ticket money and in most cases they only had 4/5 more home games and any business worth it's salt has plans in place when sales drop or they should have.

Perhaps now some might understand why others were saying stop the desperation to get another ball kicked this season and focus on the next one...Get the deals done with the various streaming companies and think ahead instead of all this agenda of self interest and self pity.

There are millions out there struggling many unable to work and whether they'll even have a job to return to, many will have deferred Mortgage-Rent-Credit card payments for 3 months minimum and will have those to catch up with plus everyday living costs and family to take care of..

A touch of reality needed i think.

The touch of reality needed is Covid hasn't caused this money problem, but it has highlighted the inequality between the average person (which will include most League 1 and League 2 players) and a top level footballer and their agents and the extraordinary money they earn for doing nothing more than kicking a ball, and the reality is that even the top clubs can't afford the footballers salaries or agents fees any more so there has to be a massive downward correction in these at the top level, starting with 18 year olds who haven't even played a competitive game being paid £30K a week and dealing with paying ridiculous money of up to £100K per week for rubbish squad players like we have seen playing for West Ham and Newcastle this season. It has to change from the top to protect the game as a whole and if it is done properly the game's future through the pyramid will start to look much brighter. The reality is that the greed and lack of respect from the nations top teams will mean this probably won't happen. It is ridiculous to think that traditionally small teams such as Bournemouth, Brighton, Norwich can have such control over the whole football system by being in the right place at the right time and forget where they have actually come from just a few years back.

Or you might consider that the future of a football club is more important than your £20.
I sort of get your sentiment in your post but unfortunately, money at the moment is king and queen to a great many people myself included.

I paid upfront way back in February for 4 adult tickets and cannot really ask my mates now for their half and could tbh use the £84 to go towards one of the many business bills I have piling up due to this lockdown. WWFC isn't my football club and whilst as a football fan, I have concerns about the outcome to many FL clubs I am 100% sure if the boot was on the other foot many WWFC supporters would be thinking the same way as me and would probably be at the ready to serve their papers for a refund.

Their (WWFC) Chairman has said, "But we have a business to run and our job is to make sure it survives and thrives into the future" and that my dear Wallop has made me think in the cold light of day that I also have my own business to run and it is my job to make sure it survives and thrives into my future. He even states further on- that his furloughed non-playing staff can also when it suits get on that unemployment bus when it comes along. Nice chap. Refund definitely now needed.

Consideration of a football club. Our football club. I have said all along to my family and recently heavily suntanned friends that I would not at any time ask for a refund on my OUFC S/T (+ my young adult s/t as well) and to boot, I certainly wouldn't be in front of any queue for any 'hastily put together appeaser' from the club to help offset for missing these postponed games and by not reaching out for this will hopefully be my little way of staving off some of the heat for my football club.

The WWFC supporters will need to do similar plus probably 75% of the other FL clubs.

Coyys

Sales dropping off is one thing, having no revenue for months due to a once in a century pandemic is something massively different!

Indeed!!!

Same applies for every business and many individuals up and down the land

There are clubs who had decent cup runs, extra TV Money = unbudgeted for income

Same applies for every business and many individuals up and down the land

There are clubs who had decent cup runs, extra TV Money = unbudgeted for income

And those clubs (including ours) will hopefully be lucky enough to see out this crisis. But our future also depends on the future of other clubs. If, as feared, a dozen or more clubs fold then the future of lower league footbsll may change forever.

For football to survive we need to find ways to enable as many clubs as possible to survive too. If that is done by helping to distribute money from the PL or sharing streaming revenue, then that has to be a good thing.

I sort of get your sentiment in your post but unfortunately, money at the moment is king and queen to a great many people myself included.

I paid upfront way back in February for 4 adult tickets and cannot really ask my mates now for their half and could tbh use the £84 to go towards one of the many business bills I have piling up due to this lockdown. WWFC isn't my football club and whilst as a football fan, I have concerns about the outcome to many FL clubs I am 100% sure if the boot was on the other foot many WWFC supporters would be thinking the same way as me and would probably be at the ready to serve their papers for a refund.

Their (WWFC) Chairman has said, "But we have a business to run and our job is to make sure it survives and thrives into the future" and that my dear Wallop has made me think in the cold light of day that I also have my own business to run and it is my job to make sure it survives and thrives into my future. He even states further on- that his furloughed non-playing staff can also when it suits get on that unemployment bus when it comes along. Nice chap. Refund definitely now needed.

Consideration of a football club. Our football club. I have said all along to my family and recently heavily suntanned friends that I would not at any time ask for a refund on my OUFC S/T (+ my young adult s/t as well) and to boot, I certainly wouldn't be in front of any queue for any 'hastily put together appeaser' from the club to help offset for missing these postponed games and by not reaching out for this will hopefully be my little way of staving off some of the heat for my football club.

The WWFC supporters will need to do similar plus probably 75% of the other FL clubs.

Coyys
All very fair points, my post said one might ‘consider’ the position. Each person will have different circumstances. Until this statement, I was in the WWFC ticket refund camp but now I’m having a rethink and will keep an eye on their situation.

Back
Top Bottom