Refunds

Worst case scenario, what about a scheme to buy a seat debenture so you can guarantee your favourite seat whenever we can get back to football. It's not a match ticket but it's your seat first choice for games and once we get normality.

Say £100 per adult, £40 kids and OAP's, with it marketed right surely we could maybe sell 8 thousand seats?

i will be asking for a refund if the season stops now........simple as

When it didn’t look an option to finish the season I don’t think you would of got many asking for refunds, now clubs look as if they are willing to take peoples money for games they have no willingness to play, to have players and staff paid by the taxpayers rather than play games then I think a lot more will ask for money back.

The one thing buying a season ticket, buying a box, sponsoring the club etc guaranteed you was that the club you support (barring bankruptcy, being kicked out etc) would play a full fixture list in a completed season however badly it might go. If they vote to finish early they might find people a bit more reticent to put cash down months in advance for next season, I will have to give it some thought with the dangers of a second outbreak during next season.

1893 season tickets are, short of Directors box and boxes themselves, the most expensive and we have a discussion every season as to whether they are value for money. Then, we pay up and enjoy the season, whatever. Asking for a refund for the 5 remaining home fixtures is not something we have had to discuss. The club goes from season to season not making a profit or even breaking even. Without a benfactor, and one with a generous nature, we would not even have anything to discuss.

No refund required here. (a few more biscuits wouldn't go amiss though!)

When it didn’t look an option to finish the season I don’t think you would of got many asking for refunds, now clubs look as if they are willing to take peoples money for games they have no willingness to play, to have players and staff paid by the taxpayers rather than play games then I think a lot more will ask for money back.

The one thing buying a season ticket, buying a box, sponsoring the club etc guaranteed you was that the club you support (barring bankruptcy, being kicked out etc) would play a full fixture list in a completed season however badly it might go. If they vote to finish early they might find people a bit more reticent to put cash down months in advance for next season, I will have to give it some thought with the dangers of a second outbreak during next season.

Asking for a refund and putting down money for next season are two very different conversations - but for me, both have the same answer: no.

I'll support the club in other ways throughout the season, and attend games if it's safe to do so, but can't afford to shell out £400 and I don't do credit.

I wouldn't ask for a refund - the club needs as much money as possible in these uncertain times.

I currently pay £21 a month for my ST on the finance plan and that has now finished. I'm more than happy for the club to continue to take £21 a month from my account as a monthly "donation" until we're back receiving an income. I know £21 isn't a lot, but if they make this an option and more people agree to do it, it could add up. Also, if the club offer Season Ticket sales and we have no idea when we would be allowed in the ground I would still renew.

Ive not had a ST for some seasons now, albeit me dad, sis, & nephew are all ST holders, none of em will be asking for refunds from OUFC - though the wycombe away tickets will be a different matter

Id happiliy renew mine and my middle grandaughters OUFC memberships (for next season- when ever it should be) right now, if the option was available

If they do go to straight play offs, watching the NRL they have cardboard cutouts of fans that the fans purchased ($22 I think I heard mentioned) in the stands. Whilst utterly cheesy, it would be an easy way for people who want to contribute to be able to do so and get some extra cash for the club from the game.

If they do go to straight play offs, watching the NRL they have cardboard cutouts of fans that the fans purchased ($22 I think I heard mentioned) in the stands. Whilst utterly cheesy, it would be an easy way for people who want to contribute to be able to do so and get some extra cash for the club from the game.
Club in Germany did this as well, even sold some for the away end ?

Just caught up with this thread. I’ll hold my hand up - Im a loudmouth on these boards with a lot to say for myself but, shamefully, Ive not been a season ticket holder for the last few years due to personal/relationship issues. Thats going to change now. I dont care what the situation is with whether we’ll be able to see live football or not next year, if and when a season ticket becomes available I’ll be purchasing one - possibly on hp if its available, but one way or another I’ll be getting one. I hope every fan of every club up and down the country whos able to do so does the same thing. Its great that theres tribal rivalry in football and we all love a bit of freindly ‘banter’ but I’d hate to see any club go to the wall during this crisis - that even goes for our cousins up the ‘20. At the end of the day we’re all in this together and none of us want to see Our clubs die.

I currently pay £21 a month for my ST on the finance plan and that has now finished. I'm more than happy for the club to continue to take £21 a month from my account as a monthly "donation" until we're back receiving an income. I know £21 isn't a lot, but if they make this an option and more people agree to do it, it could add up. Also, if the club offer Season Ticket sales and we have no idea when we would be allowed in the ground I would still renew.

If the club don’t take you up on that offer, maybe you could just buy £21 a month of merchandise from the club shop online?

Spending a load of money in there is how I intend to support the club.

I won't be asking for a refund on my season ticket. I would like my money back for the two Wycombe tickets I bought or maybe these could be exchanged for a free pass to watch the away leg of the play-off semi on iFollow if it ever happens?

If the club don’t take you up on that offer, maybe you could just buy £21 a month of merchandise from the club shop online?

Spending a load of money in there is how I intend to support the club.
I bought a couple of these at the weekend - one for me and one for my dad. Some decent savings on a few items at the moment. E63106AB-29E6-4D4A-9E4B-3E4C5193DAAC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom