Refunds

Couldn`t care less about Wycombe, there is no sentiment in business, ask for the money back and hope it pushes them over the edge.

On the flip side I would happily buy next seasons season ticket now, even without knowing if I will see a game.

That`s how it works, you are a wolf or a sheep. :)

All very fair points, my post said one might ‘consider’ the position. Each person will have different circumstances. Until this statement, I was in the WWFC ticket refund camp but now I’m having a rethink and will keep an eye on their situation.

WWFC have over spent on players they cant afford - not OUFC's issue.

We have financial problems of our own, they are just under control at the moment...

Take the refund and spend it in our club shop.

All very fair points, my post said one might ‘consider’ the position. Each person will have different circumstances. Until this statement, I was in the WWFC ticket refund camp but now I’m having a rethink and will keep an eye on their situation.

why bother, would they have been prepared to do what you are thinking. ( I assume them at was not to ask for a refund ) they’ve overspent. To be in such dire straits financially with their apparent wealthy backer it makes me wonder if they’ve handled their finances properly.

why bother, would they have been prepared to do what you are thinking. ( I assume them at was not to ask for a refund ) they’ve overspent. To be in such dire straits financially with their apparent wealthy backer it makes me wonder if they’ve handled their finances properly.

I think the point that you, and others, are missing is that some are considering the FANS of other clubs. Football owners are often bad apples and overspend when they shouldn’t.

However, at the end of the day, we are all fans of lower league clubs because we have pride in where we’re from and want to support our local team.

If I grew up in Wycombe, I’d want to support them, not Oxford. I don’t support Oxford for any reason other than I have an attachment to them through location and family.

I don’t want any clubs to die. That includes Wycombe, Bury or, yes, even Swindon.

I think the point that you, and others, are missing is that some are considering the FANS of other clubs. Football owners are often bad apples and overspend when they shouldn’t.

However, at the end of the day, we are all fans of lower league clubs because we have pride in where we’re from and want to support our local team.

If I grew up in Wycombe, I’d want to support them, not Oxford. I don’t support Oxford for any reason other than I have an attachment to them through location and family.

I don’t want any clubs to die. That includes Wycombe, Bury or, yes, even Swindon.

Perfectly put. So many are opposed to PL B teams, yet the way to prevent their involvement is having 72 sustainable clubs in the football league, as well as a healthy non-league structure.

I want to see Oxford succeed because we are the best team on the pitch, not because others fold through matters off the pitch.

Sorry I meant to add a footnote to my post and that was to say I don’t want to see clubs suffer or go out of business.
But I do have to wonder why clubs overspend beyond a limit of what could although probably be a breach of FFP.
eg spend 10k more than they’re supposed to but if there is a fall out they could recover but spend 20k more than they’re supposed to and there’s a fall out then they effectively are doomed. It may sound harsh but that’s business.
AFC Bournemouth’s owner Max Denim has now said any future transfer dealings have to be paid for through the club ie sell before buying.

Also I wouldn’t want to see Swindon go out of business but if they are going to be in breach of financial irregularity then they have to be punished.

I wonder how many MK Dons fans have contributed to easing our 2mil loss per annum by not taking a refund.

All ten of them?
Oh come on stop telling porkies it’s 8 I know their announcer over exaggerates the attendance figures, but it’s definitely not, it’s 8 the other 2 were away fans going into the home end.

Sorry I meant to add a footnote to my post and that was to say I don’t want to see clubs suffer or go out of business.
But I do have to wonder why clubs overspend beyond a limit of what could although probably be a breach of FFP.
eg spend 10k more than they’re supposed to but if there is a fall out they could recover but spend 20k more than they’re supposed to and there’s a fall out then they effectively are doomed. It may sound harsh but that’s business.
AFC Bournemouth’s owner Max Denim has now said any future transfer dealings have to be paid for through the club ie sell before buying.

Also I wouldn’t want to see Swindon go out of business but if they are going to be in breach of financial irregularity then they have to be punished.
His name is Max Denim?!

His name is Max Denim?!
3aac3e6db3d8350a37ccf0f72078defb--double-denim-van-damme.jpg

Have OUFC confirmed the transfer of the ticket monies received for the Wycombe & Rochdale games ?

Have OUFC confirmed the transfer of the ticket monies received for the Wycombe & Rochdale games ?
If the money gets refunded to OUFC then I don't want a refund for my Wycombe ticket.

I doubt much administration has been done as the office staff are furloughed.

If the money gets refunded to OUFC then I don't want a refund for my Wycombe ticket.

I doubt much administration has been done as the office staff are furloughed.
My point was whether OUFC have paid the monies due to Wycombe and Rochdale.

June Board update - with a special request re ST refunds (OWS) ...

My point was whether OUFC have paid the monies due to Wycombe and Rochdale.
My guess is that the OUFC ticket office would pay over ticket sales for away games once the game has taken place when they have tallied up all the sales and deducted their 5% admin fee.

So it's possible that Wycombe haven't actually got the money from us in the first place.
I don't know if there is a ring-fenced bank account for these sales, or if it just goes into the pot, and then gets paid across under normal payment terms.

Just received an email regarding refunds.

The options are a) waive the refund b) refund as ticket credit or c) cash refund.

Back
Top Bottom