Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the back of the accounts being published, and the level of debt placed on the club, I can understand why many would think that the prospect of a new stadium is more remote than ever. However, as @Paul Cannell has mentioned elsewhere, it is unlikely that the level of debt would be allowed to rise without the prospect of finding a way to recoup this. And the only way that can really happen is through a stadium/leisure complex.

I'm obviously unable to go into detail (and recognise that some will therefore assume this is horseshit!) but there has been advanced conversations regarding a piece of land on a 99 year lease. There are some complications, but nothing that has entirely derailed this project (although I suspect the delay may have changed the timelines being quoted). So, I really believe that there is both the intent and finances in place to make our new home a very real prospect. In addition, plans are already in place to further develop the training ground to include covered pitches and great community links. This will not be cheap, but should create an opportunity to bring revenue back into the club through hiring out pitches etc.

So I think that the board is still very much focused on the long term future of the club and whilst the current debt levels are not great, I don't see it as a reason to panic just yet.
You are not the sharpest, you will get your "sauce" at the club sacked, it's not as if they are not known to people, I think the nick name is loose lips for the amount of stuff they tell different people.

You are not the sharpest, you will get your "sauce" at the club sacked, it's not as if they are not known to people, I think the nick name is loose lips for the amount of stuff they tell different people.
Interesting as this came from someone who is not linked to the club. And I'm very conscious of not breaching confidentialities but giving a view that things are much more positive than others like to portray.

I'm pleased though that you now think that I've gone from not having a clue to putting people's jobs at risk!! Maybe you will now take a little of what I post as valid and stop the petty arguments about things you know nothing about.

Interesting as this came from someone who is not linked to the club. And I'm very conscious of not breaching confidentialities but giving a view that things are much more positive than others like to portray.

I'm pleased though that you now think that I've gone from not having a clue to putting people's jobs at risk!! Maybe you will now take a little of what I post as valid and stop the petty arguments about things you know nothing about.
Not linked to the club or project ?
Just more gossip you forward on as fact.

Nope I still think it’s all about your ego and trying to look important, I know there are people on here who have a different opinion of what myself and other’s who question some of the stuff you put on here.

Not linked to the club or project ?
Just more gossip you forward on as fact.

Nope I still think it’s all about your ego and trying to look important, I know there are people on here who have a different opinion of what myself and other’s who question some of the stuff you put on here.

"I know that others have a different opinion of what you put on here"

Really??!! I had no idea!!! No one ever questions my views and I'm universally loved by all!!!

I'll leave it for others to judge in time, but if I'm right please come back to like this post, I just love the attention!!!

"I know that others have a different opinion of what you put on here"

Really??!! I had no idea!!! No one ever questions my views and I'm universally loved by all!!!

I'll leave it for others to judge in time, but if I'm right please come back to like this post, I just love the attention!!!

care to elaborate on this 99 years lease like who signs it, under what terms, who is paying it on a ongoing basis and to what benefit to the club?
i can see how it works for the current owner/s and mates as it's ongoing income from the retail side of things for their children,grandchildren etc for years to come...what happens if said family members decide to pull out who exactly is then responsible for the Lease?

care to elaborate on this 99 years lease like who signs it, under what terms, who is paying it on a ongoing basis and to what benefit to the club?
i can see how it works for the current owner/s and mates as it's ongoing income from the retail side of things for their children,grandchildren etc for years to come...what happens if said family members decide to pull out who exactly is then responsible for the Lease?
In a nutshell, no I can't elaborate on that.

Like folk who buy houses built on leaseholds?
That then get sold to a third party and the leasehold price/bill is escalated greatly.

Its been so bad that I think it is now illegal to sell such deals unless they are flats.

If our wealthy benefactors want to do such a deal then it could happily turn around in 20 or 30 years and bite.

I would guess that the value of land for leisure usage would be significantly cheaper than it would be for housing, and therefore a leasehold would perhaps limit it's future use for a stadium complex/community hub alone. If that makes a deal more likely than looking to buy the land outright, then it's a smart move.

Although the devil will always be in the detail regarding the protection the club has regarding the use of the stadium and under what terms regardless of whether the land is owned, leased or otherwise.

I would guess that the value of land for leisure usage would be significantly cheaper than it would be for housing, and therefore a leasehold would perhaps limit it's future use for a stadium complex/community hub alone. If that makes a deal more likely than looking to buy the land outright, then it's a smart move.

Although the devil will always be in the detail regarding the protection the club has regarding the use of the stadium and under what terms regardless of whether the land is owned, leased or otherwise.
It would all depend on the term and the terms of the lease.However, I can't see anyone spending multi millions on building a stadium and commercial complex without owning the freehold. At the very least, I'd want a 150 year lease with a nominal rent and few restrictions. Hopefully this piece of land isn't owned by you know who.

Where will it be going Baz?
No one knows Oxford City Council won’t want a football ground opposite a 400 million shopping centre on its no way of preventing marauding fans running amok through there and limited parking.

No one knows Oxford City Council won’t want a football ground opposite a 400 million shopping centre on its no way of preventing marauding fans running amok through there and limited parking.
Never mind OCC not wanting it there.
Neither would OXFORD United

Never mind OCC not wanting it there.
Neither would OXFORD United

It was a site that was looked at. Thousands of people come on and out of Oxford every day using public transport and existing park and ride etc. So the infrastructure would certainly support a town centre site, plus a hotel and associated leisure facilities would make far more money in a prime location.

Not saying that it would happen, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out so quickly.

(Although this isn't the site that I mentioned in relation to a lease deal!)

It was a site that was looked at. Thousands of people come on and out of Oxford every day using public transport and existing park and ride etc. So the infrastructure would certainly support a town centre site, plus a hotel and associated leisure facilities would make far more money in a prime location.

Not saying that it would happen, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out so quickly.

Could you please confirm if possible that the site is definately not Bicester or anywhere too far away from the city

Considering the people using the public transport system already, it would be a nightmare adding all those thousands at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom