Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored too, is it a triangular piece of land but on the small side for the investors financial needs?

And Saturday.

I did have the figures before, but can't be bothered to look then up! But the number of people entering Oxford via public transport/park and ride is significantly higher during the week than at weekends, and the same infrastructure could easily accommodate a city centre stadium for 23+ games a season.

So whilst a stadium right in the heart of the season would face added difficulties for planning, and could cost significantly more, the transport issue would not be a problem.

But as this isn't the preferred site I guess it doesn't matter.

On the plus side: in the post-Coronavirus apocalyptic wasteland we'll be able to bulldoze whole estates - finding a new site should be child's play.
In the scenario you paint the need to find a new site will probably be academic!

Issues I would imagine amongst other things are encroaching onto the woodland.

Attachments

• stratfield.PNG
    stratfield.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I did have the figures before, but can't be bothered to look then up! But the number of people entering Oxford via public transport/park and ride is significantly higher during the week than at weekends, and the same infrastructure could easily accommodate a city centre stadium for 23+ games a season.

So whilst a stadium right in the heart of the season would face added difficulties for planning, and could cost significantly more, the transport issue would not be a problem.

But as this isn't the preferred site I guess it doesn't matter.

A large number travelling on the same public transport around a short/similar time along with shoppers etc along already busy roads would be a nightmare.

A large number travelling on the same public transport around a short/similar time along with shoppers etc along already busy roads would be a nightmare.

Currently thousands come and go at fairly similar times for work, along the same routes. It wouldn't be an issue.

But I can't be bothered to argue about something that may not happen!

Currently thousands come and go at fairly similar times for work, along the same routes. It wouldn't be an issue.

But I can't be bothered to argue about something that may not happen!
It won’t happen the OCC won’t give permission for a new ground at the Oxpens

It may have been considered but probably before the 400 million Westgate
Baz, don't pad out his ego on a non story, from what I understand at the moment there is no movement on the ground certainly from the club side, there are only two people I can see trying to move this along, one for his ego the other for his own gain further down the line if anything did actually happen.

Baz, don't pad out his ego on a non story, from what I understand at the moment there is no movement on the ground certainly from the club side, there are only two people I can see trying to move this along, one for his ego the other for his own gain further down the line if anything did actually happen.
I'm intrigued. "from what I understand at the moment there is no movement" - would mean that you have some knowledge that you, presumably, trust that gives rise to this belief. Care to expand on that?

Just answered a previous post but I can assure you is OCC will not allow a football ground at the Oxpens

I know I'm the ego (me, me, me!) but who is the one pushing this agenda for their own gain, and what would be the point of this if it won't happen as you suggest?

I know I'm the ego (me, me, me!) but who is the one pushing this agenda for their own gain, and what would be the point of this if it won't happen as you suggest?
The only person that seems to be using their ego is @LondonRoader, all I did was make a comment in reply to someone else’s comment and for some unlinked reason he @LondonRoader had to make his comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom