Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey - a mover and a shaker then with links to some very interesting people. Strange times!

That article is a year old, he's long gone from Panathinaikos.

And talking of his "dabblings" from long ago, look who else he was involved with
Blimey, now he IS potentially an interesting player! Also interesting to note that there was no attempt to hide his being in the vicinity, by Tiger or the club.

Theres no doubting that Tiger has some big hitting contacts in the football world.

Zaki's brother also has some very interesting links in life, almost more interesting than Piempongsant, but Myles for whatever reason was utterly laser focused on Piempongsant instead

Zaki's brother also has some very interesting links in life, almost more interesting than Piempongsant, but Myles for whatever reason was utterly laser focused on Piempongsant instead
Please share!

I remember him not being best pleased when people were unhappy that Jamal Khashoggi got butchered by his own government.

Please share!
It's a quick Google away, but unlike others, this is not a My Precious moment. A good summary is here:

This are particularly is interesting:

The company he founded is here:

The best phrase I can come up with a man with many fingers in many pies and as such, very much a mover and shaker in certain circles. Kind of makes Jack seem a little irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - and I mean no disrespect in that.

I was always amazed Myles didn't dig around Horst Geicke either - not saying there is a lick of anything illegal, but he had a focus, almost obsession on Jack and Tiger that meant others were kind of ignored. I am sure he can explain his reasons.

It's a quick Google away, but unlike others, this is not a My Precious moment. A good summary is here:

This are particularly is interesting:

The company he founded is here:

The best phrase I can come up with a man with many fingers in many pies and as such, very much a mover and shaker in certain circles. Kind of makes Jack seem a little irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - and I mean no disrespect in that.

I was always amazed Myles didn't dig around Horst Geicke either - not saying there is a lick of anything illegal, but he had a focus, almost obsession on Jack and Tiger that meant others were kind of ignored. I am sure he can explain his reasons.

I think the issues Myles had with Tiger was that he got the club and his mates Stewart and Charles didn't. Myles stopped posting once the club starting doing well and Tiger was showing us that he was actually a good owner. Myles doesn't seem the sort of person that likes to be proved wrong.

I'm sure he will be back once Charlie is back posting.

"Partial to purple suede shoes and pink polo shirts"?

Sounds like he would've loved to have kept Charlie around the club!!

I think the issues Myles had with Tiger was that he got the club and his mates Stewart and Charles didn't. Myles stopped posting once the club starting doing well and Tiger was showing us that he was actually a good owner. Myles doesn't seem the sort of person that likes to be proved wrong.

Myles’s number of posts on here are in inverse proportion to how well the club/management/team are performing. Hence he has gone very quiet, as his zealously negative attitude towards Tiger from the very start is making him look rather stupid.

I do agree 100%. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of co-ordination about what was posted and when to create some friction in the fan base, but regardless, I don't wish anything bad towards Myles at all.

It's a shame his posting stopped the moment the club turned it around, as you point out.

I do agree 100%. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of co-ordination about what was posted and when to create some friction in the fan base, but regardless, I don't wish anything bad towards Myles at all.

It's a shame his posting stopped the moment the club turned it around, as you point out.
Myles was actually a spokesman for Charles and Co and I do know of times when it was discussed what would be posted and when.

Doesn’t disguise the fact that a lot of people who profited from Reading football club are now at and around Oxford United. If they end up doing the same or similar at Oxford we can’t say we weren’t warned.

I suppose the question is how they make a return on their investment. Is it by land ? Or making the club into one that someone else will pay more for? Or both?

For all this potential downside , Tiger and co do seem to have got the management , playing and training ground side of things sorted.

Also the cash flow problems seem to have stopped as we haven’t had any winding up petitions for a while. So where is the money coming from as we haven’t sold anyone recently and the club runs at a big loss otherwise?

• React
Reactions: m
Doesn’t disguise the fact that a lot of people who profited from Reading football club are now at and around Oxford United. If they end up doing the same or similar at Oxford we can’t say we weren’t warned.

I suppose the question is how they make a return on their investment. Is it by land ? Or making the club into one that someone else will pay more for? Or both?

For all this potential downside , Tiger and co do seem to have got the management , playing and training ground side of things sorted.

Also the cash flow problems seem to have stopped as we haven’t had any winding up petitions for a while. So where is the money coming from as we haven’t sold anyone recently and the club runs at a big loss otherwise?

The main thing is that there wasn't really anything to begin with that we had to lose!

As far as I remember, the Reading purchase came with the stadium attached, which they could then profit off. Same as Kassam with the Manor ground.

In order for Tiger et al make money off our club, they have to speculate in order to accumulate.

Myles was actually a spokesman for Charles and Co and I do know of times when it was discussed what would be posted and when.
Which some of his anger at the likes of Dave (Hi Dave) a little more funnier on retrospect!

It's always important to ask questions and to understand as much as possible about the finances of our club. But many of the concerns being put forward were ridiculous and undermined any legitimate issues. Myles was telling us about Thai criminals, Russian money launderers, asset stripping etc without any evidence to support this.

Consequently, a huge amount of the fear about Tiger was generated by one or two with a clearly orchestrated campaign on here. That in itself is pretty low, especially if being fed/encouraged by other potential owners. Much of this could have been avoided if Tiger and co. had been more open about their business plan on arrival, but even if they had, would it have been believed?

Words are meaningless from all sides, and it is someone's action that we should truly judge. I would suggest that looking at what is going on at Sunderland and our beloved Charlie, and what has happened to our club with Tiger at the helm, and make your own mind up about who is best for our club.

It's always important to ask questions and to understand as much as possible about the finances of our club. But many of the concerns being put forward were ridiculous and undermined any legitimate issues. Myles was telling us about Thai criminals, Russian money launderers, asset stripping etc without any evidence to support this.

Consequently, a huge amount of the fear about Tiger was generated by one or two with a clearly orchestrated campaign on here. That in itself is pretty low, especially if being fed/encouraged by other potential owners. Much of this could have been avoided if Tiger and co. had been more open about their business plan on arrival, but even if they had, would it have been believed?

Words are meaningless from all sides, and it is someone's action that we should truly judge. I would suggest that looking at what is going on at Sunderland and our beloved Charlie, and what has happened to our club with Tiger at the helm, and make your own mind up about who is best for our club.
I agree with this post but would counter with the concern that we still don’t really know what the business plan is. Until this is better communicated, I remain cautious.

Oh come on! Many of us had legitimate concerns about some of the things that happened last season. Any true fan would. Remember we are fans of the club, not the owner/s.

I have to add to the concerned side of this. The apparent lack of credible funding from Tiger at the outset was a worry as was the debatable practice of signing away future income to Eales. The presence of some "characters" in the background did not help (Jack being one, whoever he really was)
What transpired at Reading was not encouraging although, it must be said, there were, and still are, no tangible assets to be stripped here. That in itself was a mystery, why buy a club with no assets unless it is to make it into a good football club? And then we had the run of WUPs and the accompanying rumours of pay etc.
The subsequent change by the board to being more open with the business and the very real progress made in matters such as the training ground and the obvious improvement in relations with FK, have alleviated a lot of concerns. I am now one of those who believes that we will soon hear about a new stadium and with that stadium I sincerely hope that the board makes it completely transparent to all that the club and stadium will, ongoing, be inseparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom