Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Colin got a pretty top sports stadium architect involved I believe. He and Jem ( at Oxvox) had some general coatings done.
Did you go to the Oxvox presentation of the Stadium options?
Yes I did, and I know the back ground to the costing carried out.
You are right when you say the most researched and best figure we have, that's just the point the club have not given out any plans if they are going to stay at the stadium.
So you agree it's going to cost £38 million pounds to put the stadium "right" to build a 4th stand, tidy up the toilets, etc, I'm not sure the club have drawn up a plan to what they want if they stay at the stadium, and until the club do decide how they want to refurb the stadium at their cost, all others are doing is chucking figures at what they think needs doing.
The club haven't asked any architects to survey the building and told them the architects the clubs outline plan for a refurbishment, so it is a stab in the dark.

So you agree it's going to cost £38 million pounds to put the stadium "right" to build a 4th stand, tidy up the toilets, etc, I'm not sure the club have drawn up a plan to what they want if they stay at the stadium, and until the club do decide how they want to refurb the stadium at their cost, all others are doing is chucking figures at what they think needs doing.
I am not agreeing to anything. All I am.saying is that there have been researched numbers which are certainly far more than I know and I suspect you know?
So I am.listening to the only people who have looked into this in detail (and were discussing with Kassam and architects)
I am not sure that you read what was said as I didnt read £38m to build a 4th stand and tidy up the toilets .
I read £13m+ for the stadium/conference centre
£6m+ for East stand equivalent
£4m.to £8m to fill in the corners
£3m to get the stadium back into condition.

So that is what £25m to £32m for a ' finished' stadium with 4 sides and the corners filled in.
At least that gives us an idea for a debate surely?

I am not agreeing to anything. All I am.saying is that there have been researched numbers which are certainly far more than I know and I suspect you know?
So I am.listening to the only people who have looked into this in detail (and were discussing with Kassam and architects)
I am not sure that you read what was said as I didnt read £38m to build a 4th stand and tidy up the toilets .

So that is what £25m to £32m for a ' finished' stadium with 4 sides and the corners filled in.

We could save a bit of cash if we wasn't to fill in the corners between the east stand and the north stand and the east stand and south stand instead build a bigger West stand which wraps around joining the south stand and north stand atleast this will stop the wind tunnel as wind always blows from there. A decent size steep gradient like a kop end would increase the capacity by 7.5k plus we can put a shop in below it which would save rent on the current shop. Then move the away fans to the east stand which would remove the need for segregation so total capacity would be near on 20k which is enough for the time being.

But I would expect this figure to still be near 30 million and it's how we fund it that is the problem. No one is going to gift it us and there would be no money to be made for the investors.

So for that fact we wont be buying the kassam.

Has the person you are listening too ever never spoken to Firoz?
The point you are not getting is you can only debate what the club want, not someone suggested improvements.
You believe who you want, only when something actually happens will we all know the club’s position.

I would welcome a debate on those figures and options for the kassam and based on them the opportunity to quote anyone for any building work they may require

Recognise the guy on the right?

Interesting... whats the story here? A shareholder of a Belgium top flight club suddenly appears in photos with Oxford Utd’d directors. Have I missed something?

Never a dull moment right now! ?

Not sure if “old news”
So Wimbledon have a shortfall of £11 Million on there new stadium and are seeking equity investment rather than borrowing.
9000 seater is costing £31 Million !!!!!!!!

And if it were finished/developed and ‘loved’ it would be even better!

Appreciate that it was a big game and a big crowd, but compare last nights experience and atmosphere to that at Stadium MK? I know for sure which one I prefer!

My position remains as it has for many years.

Find a way for an equitable arrangement at the Kassam that protects our football club and further embed it into our community and maximise the growing population in the immediate area and utilise the planned transport links which will significantly improve access to fans from wider afield.

We already have a very good stadium in a very good location. There is room for further development and further commercial opportunities - that will benefit the club and our community.

Perhaps I see things through rose tinted spectacles, but I remain firmly convinced that a solution can and will be found that will ensure our football club is sustainable and can prosper.

No thanks, we need to move on once and for all, unless we owned our own stadium and outlets then we will always be treading water, Kassam has messed us about for too many years...........

Surely with a 4th stand and the corners filled in it would be 16k or more seater stadium and no real need for segregation if away support had the 4th stand/corners
There would need to be refit inside the as well, but in the north stand, for instance, there is only 1 food/drink/beer outlet there easily could be more as some bays are empty.

But, I ask once more, where is the profit for any investors in spending £30m (or thirty quid for that matter!) on Grenoble Road?

There isn't that's why no one has ever bought it of kassam. I don't buy the reason that kassam wouldn't sell, more likely no one has ever put a proper offer on the table. Even if I won the euro millions tonight, I wouldnt be buying the kassam, I would buy land, build a stadium and build retail around to offset the build cost so the stadium could be in oufc hands forever.

But, I ask once more, where is the profit for any investors in spending £30m (or thirty quid for that matter!) on Grenoble Road?
Kassam knew what he was doing in more ways than one. He boxed that stadium in on all sides so that even if anybody DID buy it, they couldn’t impact all the land around it that he still owned and had built on. From the deal to sell the Manor for more than it cost to ‘finish’ the wind tunnel while keeping the profit, to maintaining ownership of the new ground himself and through to surrounding it with other assets, he stitched us up something chronic. It’s never going to be worth what it costs to buy and develop it, nor do I personally believe it will ever not be tainted to the majority. Unless a super fan genuinely does win the Euromillions, nobody is spending 20 or 30 million on that thing when they can never get a return on the outlay. How many more owners, directors etc have to come and go before we finally concede that staying there will never be a realistic option? Unless there is no other option what so ever, it will never be the best option.

Now, that’s separate to any potential new ground issue. Ins and outs, micro details, I know nothing of any of it. Of course a bad deal could still be done again, but in principle you can see how someone COULD make it worthwhile. There is a hypothetical pathway towards it being viable. I don’t see that at all where we currently are.

It’s a shame Myles has stopped posting. But it looks like Pairoj is in the opening picture for the training ground.

Does no-one feel this worthy of comment ?

He’s right there for fucks sake. Just as you do visiting an old mate from Thailand and get invited to an opening of a training ground.

Scott Chegg? What’s your thoughts ?

Re the current stadium.

And I think that's the point. Unless there is a profit in it, nobody is going to lay out that kind of money. So however much it's sort of tempting to think that current place could be improved by filling in the corners, building a fourth stands and cleaning the toilets properly - it simply ain't gonna happen. Until someone can make any kind of case to me how you could profit from the purchase then I firmly believe its either a new stadium or we will be signing another 25 year lease in five and a half years' time.

Surely with a 4th stand and the corners filled in it would be 16k or more seater stadium and no real need for segregation if away support had the 4th stand/corners
There would need to be refit inside the as well, but in the north stand, for instance, there is only 1 food/drink/beer outlet there easily could be more as some bays are empty.
There's the old saying. 'you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig'.... The Kassam is a dump. Always has been, always will be. Cheaply built, with 'facilities' little short of disgraceful. I cannot see how we get any sort of deal out of Kassam, ever... unless we can somehow leverage the sporting covenant on the land to prevent him building housing. But I am not sure of the details. Otherwise, we have to hope we can get somewhere else, somehow. I am (and have always been) very sceptical of Tiger and his motives for all this. He's almost certainly in this for some kind of land deal. Let's just hope that however this ends up, the club will benefit. But I'm not holding my breath.....

First article on my Google search:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom