General POLL - Email OCC Before 19th September

Have You Emailed OCC Yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emails sent. Mine was quite lengthy so not expecting any of them to read it but I'm hoping at least one takes the time. Included a couple of photos of the displays we created and flag for Jim Smith. Personal mental and social impact of the club on myself and then the usual benefits the new stadium will bring. Also popped in a reminder of certain Green councillors opposing the Amex and now seeing Brighton absolutely thrive, hint hint Mr Middleton

I sent my email last week, a very lengthy and heartfelt message, highlighting the importance of the stadium move to the very future of our club, and the importance of our club to the lives of tens of thousands of fans across the county, and beyond.

Hopefully they'll do the right thing...

The Glynis Phillips one is wrong (m at the start).
Just fired off my support.
shes my county councillor - yep, drop/ disregard the 'm' at the start - the rest of her email address is correct

Can somebody assure me that these Councillors have to divulge who is for and who is against the proposal when letters/e mails are sent in?
All well and good us sending in letters/ emails but if for instance a Councillor who is against the stadium can say they received more against the proposal than for how do we know?
Do they have to say I received 100 replies 75% are in favour 25% against?
How do we believe them,they are politicians after all😡

Received this reply today from Cllr Michael O’Connor

Dear Barry,

Thank you very much for your email. As you can imagine, I’ve received a lot of correspondence on this matter! But rest assured that I have read your email.

I promise we will come to the most balanced decision possible on the evidence available. The whole consultation process has been designed to ensure that we come to the most satisfactory decision we can.

Best,

Michael

Dear Barry,

Thank you very much for your email. As you can imagine, I’ve received a lot of correspondence on this matter! But rest assured that I have read your email.

I promise we will come to the most balanced decision possible on the evidence available. The whole consultation process has been designed to ensure that we come to the most satisfactory decision we can.

Best,

Michael
Spoken like a true politician!

Dear Barry,

Best,

Michael

Likewise.

Diplomatic but it has to be.

Can somebody assure me that these Councillors have to divulge who is for and who is against the proposal when letters/e mails are sent in?
All well and good us sending in letters/ emails but if for instance a Councillor who is against the stadium can say they received more against the proposal than for how do we know?
Do they have to say I received 100 replies 75% are in favour 25% against?
How do we believe them,they are politicians after all😡
thats the thing isnt it? ... the main example of how councillors behave most of us have experienced is the self-proclaimed neutral green (multi) councillor, who does his fellow local politicians no favours whatsoever, if he is the barometer for all of them

any wonder in the main younger generations don't engage in politics, if all they have to go on is the very questionable behaviour of Yarnton's own Chester V

thats the thing isnt it? ... the main example of how councillors behave most of us have experienced is the self-proclaimed neutral green (multi) councillor, who does his fellow local politicians no favours whatsoever, if he is the barometer for all of them

any wonder in the main younger generations don't engage in politics, if all they have to go on is the very questionable behaviour of Yarnton's own Chester V
Exactly
The reason I’m asking the question is, we could send in thousands of letters saying we want the council to go ahead but it means f**k all if said councillors don’t let us know
The survey was a different matter it was all above board and we have seen the results
I would really like to know if we are wasting our time here

Well I had a very positive answer from our local County Councillor …..

As an ex Chairman of Carterton Town Football Club I am very much on board with the principle of a new Stadium and I hope like you that events move forward and deliver a fantastic sporting facility for Oxfordshire residents,
Regards
Cllr Nick Leverton
Carterton South and West Parishes

Dear Barry,

Best,

Michael
Same.

Well I had a very positive answer from our local County Councillor …..

As an ex Chairman of Carterton Town Football Club I am very much on board with the principle of a new Stadium and I hope like you that events move forward and deliver a fantastic sporting facility for Oxfordshire residents,
Regards
Cllr Nick Leverton
Carterton South and West Parishes
Yes fantastic
This confirms my point, those Councillors who are pro the stadium are going to vote yes to it anyway
Mr Leverton may have 75% of people writing in opposing the stadium but he’s still going to vote yes.
My bet is that most Councillors have already made their minds up and letters for or against aren’t going to make any difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom