Matches Peterborough Play Off Display

Is there an upside to a Saturday 7.45 kick-off...? It's the worst kick-off time possible, maybe other than Sunday 7.45!
Not particularly but you always seem to be looking for something negative to post. Not everybody will be drinking all day you know - some will travel miles to get to games and there are older and younger fans to think about. I'd rather it were an afternoon kick-off but there is also something about a night time atmosphere.

Not particularly but you always seem to be looking for something negative to post. Not everybody will be drinking all day you know - some will travel miles to get to games and there are older and younger fans to think about. I'd rather it were an afternoon kick-off but there is also something about a night time atmosphere.
I'd agree if it was a Friday 7.45. It being so late on a Saturday is just a bit crap. Part of the benefit of a 3pm kick off, and you could even include a 12.30 kick off in this too, is you have the build up, drinking etc in the morning/early afternoon then the rest of the evening/night afterwards.

Someone made a good point to me yesterday that you're going to have all the cinema/restaurant/bowling goers in the complex taking up loads of the parking spots too.

Obviously I'd rather have the 7.45 than no kick-off but that doesn't stop it being a s**t time for football!

I'd agree if it was a Friday 7.45. It being so late on a Saturday is just a bit crap. Part of the benefit of a 3pm kick off, and you could even include a 12.30 kick off in this too, is you have the build up, drinking etc in the morning/early afternoon then the rest of the evening/night afterwards.

Someone made a good point to me yesterday that you're going to have all the cinema/restaurant/bowling goers in the complex taking up loads of the parking spots too.

Obviously I'd rather have the 7.45 than no kick-off but that doesn't stop it being a s**t time for football!
Personally and I suspect this applies to a good few fans, after a mixed old season I'm just looking forward to the game, rather than sat here finding things to complain about.

Maybe the other punters will look at the football and think the cinema or Frankie & Bennie's can wait.

7.45 on a Saturday is an odd kick off time, but I wouldn't have thought it was that inconvenient. Kids don't have school the next day and it's easier than a 7.45 weekday game for most exiles (many of whom won't have work on a Saturday). I quite like games under the lights though, so perhaps I am biased!

7.45 on a Saturday is an odd kick off time, but I wouldn't have thought it was that inconvenient. Kids don't have school the next day and it's easier than a 7.45 weekday game for most exiles (many of whom won't have work on a Saturday). I quite like games under the lights though, so perhaps I am biased!

It's a bank holiday weekend too so it will feel like a Friday night.

Is this the first time we have played on a Saturday night?

Unless you work Saturday nights I don’t really get the problem, no work on the actual day and none day after. As an occasional thing I wouldn’t mind it myself, the good bit about a midweek game, under the lights, without the s**t bit, work the next day.

If we get promoted, and it's still a big, if, then unusual kick off times will become the norm. Sky rules. They pay, EFL jumps.

Is this the first time we have played on a Saturday night?

Unless you work Saturday nights I don’t really get the problem, no work on the actual day and none day after. As an occasional thing I wouldn’t mind it myself, the good bit about a midweek game, under the lights, without the s**t bit, work the next day.
From my memory banks verified by a quick Google search, I give you:

Oxford United v Sunderland - Saturday 27th February 1999 - 6pm kick-off, that's evening in my book.

From my memory banks verified by a quick Google search, I give you:

Oxford United v Sunderland - Saturday 27th February 1999 - 6pm kick-off, that's evening in my book.

So sort of, but our first tradition evening time kick off on a Saturday.

Now trying to remember what pub I went to after that game, Crown and Thistle or the White horse, going to bug me all night.

7:45pm at home on a Saturday is a mega start time that I’m all for. Away? Not so much.

5pm is the ideal start time for Saturday football and I’ll die on that hill.

Another one was 'Glory awaits you"
Another belter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: @WuTang is a genuine Oxford legend.

He's said on here before he was up until the early hours of the morning hand-painting banners. Getting into the Stadium early every other saturday putting the banners up. All whilst so often getting knock backs from the club.

When I think of my best memories watching Oxford so many are looking at the displays he organised.

Robins on the Run, a new era awaits you, you are not alone aldershot away...

The vibrancy the group brought to the terraces in the non league days was above and beyond.

Who remembers places like Grays, Woking, Aldershot, Crawley away. Those guys made a proper atmosphere with serious colour and passion.

We play in a crap out of town stadium and yet those guys made it look quality so often.

As Brits we are rubbish at bigging people up/ taking credit.

I was serious about a free ST for life. The guy is a legend plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom