Votes: 8 14.0%

Votes: 26 45.6%

Votes: 11 19.3%

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Handled the game fairly well- though if Long's tackle late on warranted a yellow there was a case in the consistency stakes that a couple of Exter challenges did too. Awarded us 2 pens ( rightly IMO)
Feeling good after a 3-0 win in front of 10k + - a 7 from me

Certainly is no relation to our cautiously neutral enemy. Best ref I've seen for ages. Linesman running the line down the south stand was a homer though. May aswell not had one as he missed a handful of offsides and wrestling in the first half.

Probably the best ref I have seen for years. He let some yellow-worthy fouls go but also didn’t buy into any play acting. The couple of bookings he did give were correct and the game flowed really well. Both his assistants also got everything spot on throughout I thought too.

Pity this is the standard we don’t get week in week out.

If I slam refs for being bad only fair you also give them credit if they make a good game.

He let the game flow. Didn't buy into play-acting. Our penalties were both fouls but the kind of fouls weak refs don't give when they are in the penalty box. He wasn't too weak to make a decision.

How is he refereeing in the same league as that imbecile Purkiss?

A credit to the Middleton name, not something you hear often in Oxfordshire

Good ref. Kept up with the play really well - much more movement and speed than the average at our level. Both pens were very soft however so doubt Exeter would see it quite the same way

Last edited:
Can you ref us every week, well above the normal poor standard we have to put up with,8 from me.

Very good. Not a hard game to ref as both teams seemed to want to play to the game the proper way. There were a couple of occasions when he put the whistle to his mouth and then didn't blow which confused everyone and there were a couple of decisions that he didn't give or got wrong - but he got all the important ones right. He showed many more experienced refs how it should be done. Bravo, and an 8 from me.

He gave us two penalties and someone still gave him 5, he turned up on time, we won 3-0, he didn’t send off any of our players, if that doesn’t get at least an 8 then referees are going to disappoint you for the rest of your life.

Gary Caldwell, their manager complained about our time wasting in his interview. Blimey... it was hardly Wycombe under Ainsworth was it?!

Thought he did ok .
Didn’t apply the new rules to the letter,just added time rather than stopping play .

Unification already got there.
But it’s actually possible for a Middleton to be cautious when handing out cards & neutral, thought he let the game flow for both teams & was consistent which is uncommon for league one.

Best ref we’ve had for a while. Both penalties were stone-wall for me, the same guy pulled Ruben back and went absolutely flying in to block Murphy whose dummy was class.

Thought he did an excellent job yesterday, that said it was a very reffable game with both teams set up to play quick passing football and there was little to no shithousery on display.

I imagine if we were playing Wycombe or a similar team we would have had different opinions on the guy.

Thought he was pretty average, you can’t just mark him up because he gave us penalty’s! Moore should have been booked in the first half and probably at least 4 or 5 of there players. Thought he was too lenient, you can play on but still book a player later.
Did anyone notice their number 8? I think try and take Mills out first half and injure himself? Should have been a yellow, he didn’t come out second half, karma’s a bitch 🤣

Thought he was pretty average, you can’t just mark him up because he gave us penalty’s! Moore should have been booked in the first half and probably at least 4 or 5 of there players. Thought he was too lenient, you can play on but still book a player later.
Did anyone notice their number 8? I think try and take Mills out first half and injure himself? Should have been a yellow, he didn’t come out second half, karma’s a bitch 🤣

I think me and you look at refs in a very different way, I want one who gives us penalty’s and we win the game, you want one who books our captain.

Thought he did an excellent job yesterday, that said it was a very reffable game with both teams set up to play quick passing football and there was little to no shithousery on display.

I imagine if we were playing Wycombe or a similar team we would have had different opinions on the guy.

You say that but then Exeter's number 4 tried to con the officials by jumping over the tackle and then faking injury. The ref told him to get up and even gave him a hand to get up. Another ref on another day wouldn't of been up with play and just guessed the decision and could of pulled out a red card.

Back
Top Bottom