General Ownership - A Look At Wrexham

No one is doubting that he can afford to splash cash in the Conference.

You have no idea on the structure of the sale price (shares, deferred consideration, etc) and you've ignored tax.
Oh, I agree.

If they start out performing their budget I think that counts as a change in model.

I'm not sure I agree that the Championship is a great place to make money, either.
They won’t be making money at any level is my guess, they’ll just be losing an amount that they can comfortably sustain, same as everybody else. They could swallow our losses without batting an eyelid.

As soon as Parkinson hits a rough patch next season, Big Karl will be in there to take them to the next level.

Difference between somewhere like Wrexham and Oxford is they are a strong working class community who love their football and their town, no matter what others think of it.

Oxford/Oxfordshire is not a strong working class community, it's not a passionate football area, so it's easier to galvinise support in somewhere like Wrexham.

For places like Wrexham, their team is part of their overall identity, can't say that about Oxford/Oxfordshire.
I'm not from Oxford so hard to either agree or disagree here, but surely places like Cowley, Blackbird Leys etc historically had some strong working class spirit about them?

They won’t be making money at any level is my guess, they’ll just be losing an amount that they can comfortably sustain, same as everybody else. They could swallow our losses without batting an eyelid.

As soon as Parkinson hits a rough patch next season, Big Karl will be in there to take them to the next level.

First site for his search when researching the position.

Depending on their preferences, I'm thinking they won't have much of a struggle bringing on other investors or sponsors, certainly at the current time.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, a little bit of tweeking and they should be able to storm through L2 without a huge investment uplift.

I'm thinking they won't have much of a struggle bringing on other investors or sponsors
Absolutely, you only have to look at some of the celebs that have been spotted there, there will be a lot of major companies wanting to piggy back on that level of exposure. I'm not jealous, honest!

Elliott Lee and Forde would have been useful for us this season. Letting experienced players like them and Ryan Williams go - idiotic. The KR masterplan.
I was one of the silly f******s that wasn’t too bothered when those 3 left. There was me thinking we’d get better in…….

Absolutely, you only have to look at some of the celebs that have been spotted there, there will be a lot of major companies wanting to piggy back on that level of exposure. I'm not jealous, honest!
And Sky will be w*****g all over them as well so they get some nice pics.

Elliott Lee and Forde would have been useful for us this season. Letting experienced players like them and Ryan Williams go - idiotic. The KR masterplan.
I think it's unfair to bring in Ryan Williams, it does look like he just wanted home and wasn't going to be persuaded. But Christ almighty, I'd love Forde and Lee in this team.

I think I'd love Yemi Odubade in this team (memories of how exciting he looked at the beginning of his time here, about the last time i remember us being this woeful)

I think it's unfair to bring in Ryan Williams, it does look like he just wanted home and wasn't going to be persuaded. But Christ almighty, I'd love Forde and Lee in this team.

I think I'd love Yemi Odubade in this team (memories of how exciting he looked at the beginning of his time here, about the last time i remember us being this woeful)
I loved watching Yemi! Plenty of effort running down the wing but often seemed to run out of space, taking the ball too close to the bi-line. Still scored over 25 goals for us though.

I loved watching Yemi! Plenty of effort running down the wing but often seemed to run out of space, taking the ball too close to the bi-line. Still scored over 25 goals for us though.
He amassed an extremely impressive number of experiences in his career. I liked him too.

Including that game against Dag and Red. What I wouldn't give for a night like that today...

I very clearly remember being at Wrexham 1 Oxford 1 in April 2006 the season we went down to the Conference. The following match we lost 2-3 at home to Leyton Orient. Great to see Wrexham back in L2.

That was a horrible day out. Cant believe it’s almost 20 years ago

I started watching the "Welcome to Wrexham" thing the other day. I've no idea who these "famous" hollywood "stars" are, but what struck me as odd was they'd decided to buy a club together but had never met before. What was that all about? It didnt seem to cover the background of how this came about. unless i dozed through that part.

Back
Top Bottom