Votes: 5 18.5%

Votes: 7 25.9%

Votes: 6 22.2%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thought the ref was very good today. Played advantage very well on a couple of occasions and was consistent with getting players to take free kicks from the right place. Got the yellows spot on too as well, for me.

He was pretty consistent.
He didn't give a lot, but it was the same for both sides.
There were no real bad tackles or contentious decisions though.
7 for me

4 for me, rather poor.
A few foul throws gone unnoticed (don't know how he missed the one when the player then fell on the pitch).
Got picky about where we took throws/free kicks but not as much with Ipswich.
Not sure how Sykes got booked when 44 and the goalie pushed Sykes first either.

Definitely one of the better refs we've had this season. Mostly consistent and let a lot go for both sides. Should have booked one or two of theirs for kicking the ball away, but in the end they were punished by the time added on so not that big a deal. 7 from me.

4 for me, rather poor.
A few foul throws gone unnoticed (don't know how he missed the one when the player then fell on the pitch).
Got picky about where we took throws/free kicks but not as much with Ipswich.
Not sure how Sykes got booked when 44 and the goalie pushed Sykes first either.
Sykes created the situation by going to argue with their 6 after he kicked the ball at Taylor as he ran across celebrating (which the ref didn't see).

OK for me, but he missed a couple of occasions when Morsy (their 55) left his foot in. But I just can't understand why you don't book a player for kicking the ball into the stand when the whistle has clearly gone.

I thought he was inconsistent from early in the match until later on, when niggly fouls that had been ignored earlier were punished later in the game. That being said though, I think he got the vast majority of calls right, kept the game moving (certainly early on) and wasn't card happy - which is always a plus. Better than average.

Back
Top Bottom