Votes: 10 23.8%

Votes: 4 9.5%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Though he had a decent game...despite his continued blindness n deafness to Stockleys antics 2nd half. Until he gave that soft soft pen at the end...to who else but Stockley...he was on a 7 or 8 from me till THAT....a 6 from me

8 - thought he was consistent, could have given a couple more yellows for niggly pullbacks and the like but at least he was consistent with it.

No matter how soft that pen was a pen and there was no need for Gorrin to leave his foot there. If that was us and it wasnt given we would be livid.

Thought he was so weak with regards to Charlton stopping us taking quick free kicks, just needed to book one to set the tone. Decision making was ok, penalty looked soft but no-one really complained.

Weak Referee. The penalty, I'm still not sure there was contact (certainly no more than on Shodipo earlier which wasn't a penalty) but one thing for certain is that Stockley was always going to throw himself down. He allowed cynical foul after cynical foul (on and off the ball) on Agyei without booking their players for them. Both centre-halves did a few each on Agyei that he actually gave free-kicks for but somehow didn't deem it a booking. There were cynical fouls on others that they got away with also. Did absolutely nothing about stopping free-kicks/kicking the ball away or the over the top shithousery.

Based on this, if we have this Ref again this season, I hope we turn up the shithousery to Charlton levels in those games. I certainly now wish our players had got louder and far more insistent demanding Aneke got sent off when he caught Atkinson with his arm as it seemed to work for Charlton getting away with stuff.

6 from me. Thought he was a good ref today who only made a few bad decisions. He’s my highest rated ref so far, that pretty much says it all. 😂

4 Allowed far too much chicanery from Charlton. We never got to take a free kick quickly because of cynical delaying tactics which went unpunished. Should, and could, have given more cards for the number of fouls. Shirt pulling went with just a free kick, Agyei was being pulled every which way and should have been noticed.
I was, however, impressed with the assistant on the north side for his quick use of the flag to show infringements. He made sure the ref was aware that at least he, had seen something.

6 tending towards 7 for me. Blotted it a bit by some uneven officiating in the second half. Could have nipped it in the bud with a booking or two more, but then again we don't like a guy who dishes them out like confetti.

Generally OK though, and penalty was soft but an OK decision.

I thought he was pretty good. That looked like a pen to me - very soft of course, but nowadays you don't need to be Norman Hunter thundering into a forward thigh high to give one away! I though he was up with play and generally made the right decisions. I prefer a ref who keeps his cards in his pocket if he can. A 7 from me.

Apart from allowing Charlton to disrupt at every opportunity?

better than the abysmally low average in this div. 6 at best.

in fairness i'ts called a "Free Kick" by name only nowadays , every team puts aplayer preventing quick free kicks

6 from me, let them get away with petulance and cynical stuff that dulled an otherwise almost entertaining 0-0.

Charlton did well to wear him down, which eventually ended in a weak penalty, Other than that he did okay 6 I guess.

5 very weak letting Charlton get away with constant fouls on Agyei and falling for their whingeing. But tried to let the game flow.

Don't think that was a penalty at the end either.

Ref was ok for most of that game but the non bookings on Charlton players for basically fouling Agyei out of any sort of attacking play and slowing every free kick down, even standing in the way of our free kicks, plus the potentially game changing penalty he gave which was an utter dive means he gets a 2.

I always give my score before reading comments (I thought he was better than the average, though that's not saying much, and liked the fact that he tried to let play flow and give advantage when possible, so a 7 from me), and was interested to see how varied opinions were on this ref. Apart from the joker who always gives 1 to a decent ref and 10 to a crap one, the scores are nearly always pretty similar.

I think I did well to make 85 minutes before finally succumbing to sleep, so I haven't seen the penalty decision until the morning after i.e. now.

It's a horrible decision! The ball has gone, there is little-to-no contact, there is little-to-no attempt to stay on feet. A goal wasn't likely, nor would one have been deserved.

A narcissistic look-at-me decision from a ref who had done pretty well up until that point, very symptomatic of what the modern game has become.

Gave him a 7 not bad overall and certainly better than some we’ve had this season, but he let himself down over Stockley and a couple of definite yellows that weren’t given.

Warnocks view that with managers now unable to talk to the officials after the game, and there being no requirement for them to justify their decisions (or non decisions) they have realised they are effectively untouchable.

Perhaps, with every game being streamed, they now see themselves as budding ‘Deanesque’ meejah stars?

Empty stadiums don’t always help either.

hey ho.

Back
Top Bottom