Votes: 5 16.1%

Votes: 2 6.5%

Votes: 4 12.9%

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 10 - One of the best

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For an ex premier ref, he's poor. Did not want to give Matty anything and seemed to think a tackle from behind perfectly normal. As to how Gorrin got away with his juggling act, who knows!

Is there a new rule change allowing players to try and remove opponents shirts?

Poor excuse for a referee

Inconsistant

I spelt his name wrong in the match day thread almost as many times as B*****s he dropped

A generous 4

(@eaststandboy can you remove the refwatch thread i posted up ? Ta ....& you.may want to change the date on the title of this one too)

Last edited:
Awful, and not fit to referee at our level! Considering he’s ex-premier league, he’s either on the P**s or slowly losing his comprehension of reality. Didn’t do anything to protect our players from dangerous play, gave everything to Crewe, and missed 2 very good penalty shouts. 1 from me, and that’s just because he turned up.

A poor 3 from me.
The tackle on Taylor in the last minute was a straight red all day, both feet off the ground, out of control good job Matty dodged it.
The petulant shirt pulls throughout the game on Super Dan, Matt and others.
The Gorrin "Harlem Globetrotter" ball roll .......... come on ref!
Got the pen right but missed at least 1 more and 1 that was 50/50 depending on your point of view. 💛 💙

Couldn't believe it when Ryan Williams was first injured, the guy stood on Ryan's side and really took the wind out of him, it must of bloody well hurt. The Ref told him to get up or get off the pitch!!!

I also feel for Gorrin, he made some very good challenges during the first half and his first Daft challenge, I slight pull he gets booked without warning. Yet, the Crewe Players were kicking lumps out of us without a booking until later on.

Last edited:
There were few major difficult decisions to make.
Gorrin was unlucky with his booking ( surely this is due to reputation), but lucky with the handball.
Crewe were a little rough at times but so was Taylor, Gorrin and Cam.
I thought that he was OK but not what you would expect from am ex Premiership referee.

Thought he was really poor. Taylor was manhandled constantly and whilst that's fairly normal and he usually gives as much back, last night I saw two hands pushing down on the back of his neck several times which isn't just a foul, it's downright dangerous. Not once did Taylor get a decision.

Crewe players were rough and rarely got punished, consistently were pulling shirts without reprimand, and yet Gorrin got booked for a small pull that was his first offence (other than playing volleyball, although that went unpunished too). I'm all for letting the game flow and not giving the 50/50s, but he was letting Crewe get away with so much worse than that. It's no surprise we came out of the game with 3 contact injuries.

3 penalty shouts for us too, he gave one correctly, but I think at least one of the other two should have been given too. Not as bad as Trev against Sunderland, but up there with one of the poorest performances I've seen.

i think what is clear is how we have changed our nicely nicely seen to be doing the right thing approach and added some gamesmanship to our game.

With all what goes on nowadays the Officials job is harder and at least this one did try to let a few little things go rather than seeing a stop start game.
he handed out the card when needed and whilst it shouldn't be a factor if you do shall we say throw yourself to the floor then you might not always get the decision in more obvious infringements. it will always be swings and roundabouts.

I liked the ref last night. He let the game flow as much as he could. I don't want to see fouls given at every opportunity, I'd rather see a game of football.

Back
Top Bottom