General More news re; stadium/training ground, thoughts?

Well, thats a pretty "nothing" interview right?! No real progress other than a will to move elsewhere, and not sure the financial issues wont recur.

Not saying its a negative one, but probably the most pointless.

Dunno, that seems a fairly strong indicator that we will be leaving the Kassam if the board get their way, pretty much comes out and says that much.

interesting times ahead it seems?

can 'someone' (re)educate our board members on how to communicate and engage with supporters though ? .... I accept to monied board members that, in business-speak, being financially involved with a L1 EFL football club is , to them percieved as, an investment .... however, reading the OM piece/ interview, Horst mentions /refers to OUFC as 'an investment ' twice, granted its probably just me but, the word 'investment' just doesnt sit right , not in an interview talking about MY team/club!

with the money at all our board members disposal cant they employ a PR guru/spin doctor type to school them on terminology more 'user freindly' -than refering to my football club as an investment for example!- for football supporters?

Have no problem with terminology used - who were you thinking of as the PR spinner - Charlie Methven ? ?

This comes up every year. There is no chance the club can progress beyond the top 6 of League 1 without movement on the property front.

Welcome news re the training ground.

I tried to work with Fusion for over 3 years whilst running the Oxford City Stars.

On the ground their staff and facility managers were passionate, knowledgeable and eager to do right.

Their upper controlling management however, seemed distressed by a seemingly immanent arrival of a financial implosion, panic and short term cash flow pressures. That financial implosion like Carillion may never happen, but Christ they acted like it was just around the corner.

Absolutely 100% back and support OUFC never ever having to deal with Fusion Leisure ever ever again.

Is great news , and good to see it was reported on national football sites as well.

Done deal.

And very good news, eh?

A decision of some consequence. OCC displaying trust in OUFC to run not just a sports facility but, a community sports facility. First step towards getting outline permission for the new stadium? Surely an indication of things to come?
The focus on being a community club seems to gave intensified under Tiger.
This is a really good start and having a Community stadium is hopefully the next step.
Also of course as well as doing a lot of good for the disadvantaged, hopefully helps to grow the fan base.

I am completely out of the loop on this, but presumably the news about Oxford Stadium in recent days has no relationship to potential use for football?

I confess to knowing nothing about the site (aside from going to watch the dogs once in my teens) but I’m assuming it’s not at all suitable as a site for a professional club?

I am completely out of the loop on this, but presumably the news about Oxford Stadium in recent days has no relationship to potential use for football?

I confess to knowing nothing about the site (aside from going to watch the dogs once in my teens) but I’m assuming it’s not at all suitable as a site for a professional club?
I believe that the consensus was against the site being used as anything other than housing. As for OUFC, I don't believe the site would have been large enough for a development with reasonable return.

Back
Top Bottom