Meetings

Don't some clubs with an unallocated seating policy deliberately keep the away stand at under capacity? I seem to remember Luton's Oak Road end had a capacity of say 1800 but would only sell 1500 tickets.
Also I'm not convinced that story about Pompey selling 500 seats twice was true. Fans tend to congregate towards the middle of a stand behind the goal and avoid the top and bottom corners, giving the impression that tickets are oversold. (see also Wycombe away)

Bet the election was fun.......... you can vote for one of these 3.......... democracy in action. :)

1661358867251.png1661358879779.png

Discussing matchday experience, Level Playing Field fan survey, #HerGameToo plans and more. September Supporter Panel Minutes.

Very pleased to read about the club taking a lead in promoting digital ticketing for away fans. If other clubs that benefit follow suit, it may come to pass that we will be able to select where we sit/stand for away games. At last some common sense benefiting supporters.

Season ticket benefits, car park pot holes and more discussed at our last meeting. https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2022/october/supporters-panel-minutes/
Hey

So this minute:
Junior members Plans are underway for a Christmas party for Junior Members as part of their package. Other juniors (under 13) will be able to purchase tickets for the party subject to availability, with Junior ST holders having next priority. The activities taking place outside the south stand have been well received, however OUSP suggested that not all juniors are aware of the activities available, especially if they go straight to the north stand family area, and suggested that targeted mailing could be worthwhile.

Do I read this right, that Juniors who have a ST get 2nd chance for the party? Surely Juniors who are ST holders should get the same priority??

Hey

So this minute:
Junior members Plans are underway for a Christmas party for Junior Members as part of their package. Other juniors (under 13) will be able to purchase tickets for the party subject to availability, with Junior ST holders having next priority. The activities taking place outside the south stand have been well received, however OUSP suggested that not all juniors are aware of the activities available, especially if they go straight to the north stand family area, and suggested that targeted mailing could be worthwhile.

Do I read this right, that Juniors who have a ST get 2nd chance for the party? Surely Juniors who are ST holders should get the same priority??
I saw that and thought maybe it was a typo error otherwise that's abit of a P**s take that junior ST holders are 2nd to membership holders

So that email with a code for 10% off a third shirt which expired less than 24 hours later is what has replaced the U's cash benefit for season ticket holders in the club shop? Is that correct.
Hmm yes. The first of a series of discounts for this season. We will be monitoring and will feedback into plans for next season when the new software should be up and running and it's capabilities can be used. Currently with the transition the Us cash type of scheme can't be run.

With the increase in shirt prices and STs (plus a fee for daring to want a physical ticket) and the lack of a ST discount, I didn't (for the first time in some years) buy a shirt this year, and won't be doing so when we are over a quarter of the way through the season *even* with a huge 10% off.

I know there were supply issues, but the time to get people buying shirts in any number is before/at the start of the season and offering a discount for season ticket holders adds just one more reason to get one!

Last edited:
Hey

So this minute:

To be fair, when the rest of the marketing was so poor, the junior membership deal is one thing that was quite clearly marketed by the club as a specific add-on not connected to a ticket. When we and OxVox fed back on the packages we logged concerns about this structure and in our meeting last week requested that ST holders get an option to purchase a ticket. Again, we are gathering feedback and keeping a watching brief ahead of discussions for next year's packages.

Hmm yes. The first of a series of discounts for this season. We will be monitoring and will feedback into plans for next season when the new software should be up and running and it's capabilities can be used. Currently with the transition the Us cash type of scheme can't be run.

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully next time the club may wait and do it at the end of the month when most people are paid and give everyone a bit more time before the code expired.

To be fair, when the rest of the marketing was so poor, the junior membership deal is one thing that was quite clearly marketed by the club as a specific add-on not connected to a ticket. When we and OxVox fed back on the packages we logged concerns about this structure and in our meeting last week requested that ST holders get an option to purchase a ticket. Again, we are gathering feedback and keeping a watching brief ahead of discussions for next year's packages

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221020-130239_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221020-130239_Chrome.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for confirming. Hopefully next time the club may wait and do it at the end of the month when most people are paid and give everyone a bit more time before the code expired.
I agree. I understand that this was the first weekend that the shop was fully stocked so that an offer could go out and have a good chance of orders being fulfilled.

A quick question ( not having a go at you by the way) what benefits does a u13 ST holders get apart from their seat for 23 games and more chance of getting tickets to all ticket games now please don't tell me they get discount codes to use in the club shop because for me personally my son who is 8 would not be going to the club shop to use that code in the 24hr time frame also he wouldn't have a clue what the code was for. If I understand correctly junior members get far more benefits for a membership that cost £20 compared to a ST that cost either £70 or £80

Good work getting Stadco to undertake some simple maintenance around the ground, you know they will do absolutely nothing unless challenged (what's our service fees each year?!).

My dad described the potholes (craters) at the front of the East Stand Car Park as K*ssam laying the foundations for housing already!

Very pleased to read about the club taking a lead in promoting digital ticketing for away fans. If other clubs that benefit follow suit, it may come to pass that we will be able to select where we sit/stand for away games. At last some common sense benefiting supporters.
I wonder how it worked in practice for the visiting fans?
Most of our away games are generally first come first served in terms of sitting/standing where you like.
Some tickets have pre-numbered seats but these are rarely enforced and generally just cause annoyance by people arriving at 2:59 and demanding "their" seat.
I'll ask on a league 1 page.

A quick question ( not having a go at you by the way) what benefits does a u13 ST holders get apart from their seat for 23 games and more chance of getting tickets to all ticket games now please don't tell me they get discount codes to use in the club shop because for me personally my son who is 8 would not be going to the club shop to use that code in the 24hr time frame also he wouldn't have a clue what the code was for. If I understand correctly junior members get far more benefits for a membership that cost £20 compared to a ST that cost either £70 or £80
Not taking it personally - these are points we queried too.
They provide different things. The membership does not give any matchday tickets, so they have to be purchased on a match by match basis and are not discounted. Any junior ST holder can also purchase the additional pack.
The idea was to offer a choice, rather than adding £20 on to a the STs for a package some don't want.

Back
Top Bottom