National News London Bridge

Isn’t anyone who goes on a murderous rampage suffering from some sort of extreme mental disorder? It’s hardly a sane thing to do.
Yes not in there right mind but they are the ones they search for to radicalise. Scum of the earth

If innocent people under attack in this situation have to kill the attackers then so be it, better than one decent, innocent persons life being lost. Fair play to those who did it today, they are levels above the cowards who stand their filming it on their phones.

I totally agree with the first part of your post, however on the last sentence I have to say that some people just do not have it in them to fight, let alone try to disarm a crazed knife man. I reckon most of us on here would probably have got involved to stop the guy but I still wouldn’t call someone a coward if they couldn’t do it.

I totally agree with the first part of your post, however on the last sentence I have to say that some people just do not have it in them to fight, let alone try to disarm a crazed knife man. I reckon most of us on here would probably have got involved to stop the guy but I still wouldn’t call someone a coward if they couldn’t do it.

It was originally reported that there was a fight, rather than it being a terrorist incident. Many crimes now rely on mobile phone footage for evidence, so even those stood filming may have felt that they were in fact doing some good.

It's not normal to see extremely violence and run towards it. I've worked in the prison service for nearly 25 years and have seen some horrendous things, and worked with some incredibly brave people. But people can still freeze or misread the seriousness of a situation. They are not cowards, they are human.

I’ve always thought that its a shame that the terrorists don't get lynched. that would be a great deterrent

Agreed, imagine four or five members of the public putting him to death before the police got to him. What a show of public strength that would be.

Agreed, imagine four or five members of the public putting him to death before the police got to him. What a show of public strength that would be.
"Putting him to death"?

What we saw was members of the public disarming and restraining someone who had stabbed a number of people and was wearing what appeared to be a suicide vest. They did this by using minimal force.

I would suggest that this is a much greater show of public strength.

It was originally reported that there was a fight, rather than it being a terrorist incident. Many crimes now rely on mobile phone footage for evidence, so even those stood filming may have felt that they were in fact doing some good.

It's not normal to see extremely violence and run towards it. I've worked in the prison service for nearly 25 years and have seen some horrendous things, and worked with some incredibly brave people. But people can still freeze or misread the seriousness of a situation. They are not cowards, they are human.

That is what I said, the person I was replying to was calling them cowards not me.

It has now come to light that he was released on licence with a tag. I can’t understand why sentences of mandatory life imprisonment for terrorism can’t be implemented. Why this man was released so soon is beyond most people’s comprehension.
At least he won’t be walking the streets again. Unfortunately he has been allowed to take two innocent lives with him whilst causing mayhem on our streets

When thought though most people would think initially that a fight had broken out, once it came to light that it was n fact something far more serious then you do wonder why some take it upon themselves to record on their phones.Others ran from the scene which is a pretty sensible thing to do once you hear gunshot but even then others still decided to hang around recording on their phones..a sign of the times.

The police have asked for people to send in phone footage to help reconstruct events. It's a way of seeing if there are any accomplices, so filming it can be useful.

The police have asked for people to send in phone footage to help reconstruct events. It's a way of seeing if there are any accomplices, so filming it can be useful.
after the previous London Bridge incident ( prior to the 2017 GE) amongst the additional security measures introduced, didnt anyone in position to make descisions , insist on having CCTV installed to cover every part and angle of London Bridge?

What was done was to prevent vehicles driving over the pavements by installation of metal posts.
That would need to be done on all the bridges.
CCTV on all bridges too, but then that would have to be monitored 24 hours a day to be effective.
The worry is how many terrorists have we got plotting similar atrocities. I still can’t believe that terrorists are allowed out of prison like this man was, capable of doing the same thing again. They have no respect for life so should face life

He was imprisoned in 2012 and released when Sajid Javid was Home Secretary.

The Conservative privatisation of the probation system means that proper post release monitoring and rehabilitation have been replaced by a tag and a meeting once a quarter or whatever it is now.

For the Tories these are just areas for private companies to make a profit at the expense of the rest of us.

Aside from the immense bravery that we have sadly seen members of the public have to display on more than one occasion I think you have to be very proud of the Met Police who are so well drilled and able to react so quickly to these incidents particularly when they are often under resourced and overworked. As football fans I guess some of us (myself included) don’t have a lot of time for the old bill but when we need them they are on point.

I’m sure the next 24hrs will be BoJo bragging about recruiting more officers and tougher sentencing whilst Corbyn et al. argue that numbers were cut too far under the Conservatives etc.

Ultimately and unfortunately it’s normally the likes of you and I who get caught up in these things and not those who sit in their ivory towers!

He was imprisoned in 2012 and released when Sajid Javid was Home Secretary.

The Conservative privatisation of the probation system means that proper post release monitoring and rehabilitation have been replaced by a tag and a meeting once a quarter or whatever it is now.

For the Tories these are just areas for private companies to make a profit at the expense of the rest of us.
From someone who works in that industry, you are very ill informed and pretty pathetic to be making political gain from an incident like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom