Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 5.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Thought he was consistent in the first half ... however second half was an absolute idiot, for his second half performance ( how many clear fouls on O Donker NOT 'seen' or given the other way- for example?) 3 points from me
(would it have been 2 or even 1 if the result had been a draw ? yes, probably)

Didn't see most of the first half, but seemed fine up until about 65 minutes where he seemed to get replaced with a blithering idiot. He let them get away with so much shirt pulling that they were literally wrestling our players to the ground and getting the free kick their way the moment someone gave a little back. Gatlin especially seemed to have fouls given against him for brushing against their players whilst they ripped his shirt from him.

In the end he didn't affect the result at all but made it a little more uncomfortable than it needed to be.

Was awful to be honest. Thought he forgot his cards in the first half when he failed to book a couple of their players for pulling back and stopping an attack. Then second half it was almost like you had to be assaulted to get a free kick. Thankfully he didn't cost us the 3 points.

Pretty poor. I didn't like the all-in wrestling and he turned into more of a blatant homer as the game went on. Not as completely incompetent as Stockbridge, but Stockbridge was at least equally awful for both teams - this bloke was oddly lopsided with his decisions.

Didn't think he was that bad. A few things missed, but we did get a fk near the end which was never one.

Was awful to be honest. Thought he forgot his cards in the first half when he failed to book a couple of their players for pulling back and stopping an attack. Then second half it was almost like you had to be assaulted to get a free kick. Thankfully he didn't cost us the 3 points.
Typical Football League sub standard referee, let literally everything go, consequently the tackles got harder and more dangerous. In the middle of the second half he realises he had to act. But as per current instructions he had already booked players for kicking the ball away, arguing with him with total glee.
Tried hard to ruin the game, but he even failed at that. It is really depressing how low the general standard of refereeing has dropped.

I gave him a 5. He wasn't very good but compared to Stockbridge or Purkiss he was brilliant. The fact he let so much go could have led to a serious injury, lucky for us it didn't.

What on earth is going on with the standard of refereeing top to bottom at the moment? Have training processes changed? I had a chat with a non-league manager and he said too many rule changes season after season were confusing referees. I don't have the answers but questions need to be asked.

Last edited:
First time Sarge has scored higher than me! 😊
I thought he was appalling (Bourne not Sarge!)

Don’t know if he couldn’t keep up or just not observant.
The blatant holding of Moore, the shirt pulling and the goalkick which was obviously a corner.

Don’t know if he couldn’t keep up or just not observant.
The blatant holding of Moore, the shirt pulling and the goalkick which was obviously a corner.
I actually like refs who try and let the game go. But there was so much blatant shirt pulling going on he left, Sparky in the first half had the same treatment 3 or 4 times.

Did the ref not see it?
Is that no longer considered a foul?

And this guy was one of the better refs from this season!

I scored him an 8 because based on what we've had to deal with previously, I could take that every single week, I barely noticed him.

Talking of poor officials, I see that Simon Mather did a hamstring yesterday in the Crew - Notts County game. His assistant awarded a penalty to Crewe in the 98th minute which led to the police having to come onto the pitch as the Notts County fans were close to losing it all together!
I do hope Mr Mather takes a good while to recover - he won't be missed.

Reading this forum shows how little fans know about officiating and the laws of the game. It is certainly amazing the criticism of the officials who are at least as good as the player they are officiating.

Talking of poor officials, I see that Simon Mather did a hamstring yesterday in the Crew - Notts County game. His assistant awarded a penalty to Crewe in the 98th minute which led to the police having to come onto the pitch as the Notts County fans were close to losing it all together!
I do hope Mr Mather takes a good while to recover - he won't be missed.

Apparently Notts were clean through when his hammy went and he stopped the game immediately which outraged them and then the penalty tipped them over the edge

I scored him an 8 because based on what we've had to deal with previously, I could take that every single week, I barely noticed him.
I'm confused as to whether to score this relating to the standard of the league or what I think a referee should be like.

Back
Top Bottom