Ref Watch 24/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Leyton Orient - Martin Woods

How was Martin Woods performance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was OK. He could have given Orient a penalty in the first half. I didn't think it was a pen but everyone around me did - so I don't know if that was a brilliant decision or an awful one! He was fairly consistent, gave cards for 'professional' fouls even early in the game. He kept up with play. His performance was certainly better than many we have had recently.

Don’t think anyone can moan about the ref.

Must of booked like 8 of their players, sent off their manager and didn’t give them a stonewall penalty!

Don’t think anyone can moan about the ref.

Must of booked like 8 of their players, sent off their manager and didn’t give them a stonewall penalty!
I recall thinking they shouldn't have a penalty but can't remember the exact incident. I'd have to see it again but my reaction at the time was Murphy was lucky to not have seen red after he was pulled back so decided to just boot their lad. Brainless.

Thought he did well. On replay would have been justified sending Murphy off.

Even added additional time to injury time after Orient's time wasting (speaking of wasting, we wasted it).

like his last ref appearance for an OUFC game, I thought he had a very good game - 8 from me

I was disappointed to read that it was his last game to referee, especially as I thought he looked very good. It might answer the reason he never sent off Murphy for his kick out e.g. he could referee it based upon reading the situation rather than worrying about what the assessors would mark him down on!! Thought he got most decisions right, apart from he could have given Orient a penalty in the first half. Also thought he wasn’t falling for play acting by both teams, mainly Orient, but Rodrigues does it a lot too. Really getting disappointed with him (Rodrigues). Put it this way, not one fan has blamed him for our loss!! so he must have had a good game. Not sure the Orient fans thought the same though, but who gives a s**t about them!

Edit; apparently it wasn’t the referee’s last game, but the fourth official’s. I only believed this because I read it in Tim Williams’ program notes, but he got that wrong too! Nice of him to mention this in his notes, but not to mention that it was Chris Williams last day after being at the club for 20+ years.

ps hope we’re all looking forward to the Fans Forum on Thursday 7th March, between 6.30-8pm, whereby, we can ask questions to our illustrious CEO and Chairman of the overseas golf club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom