General Level Playing field

This is a must watch. Something that I really hope is part and parcel of our new stadium. Something that we, as fans, get behind and support.

Thank you for sharing that video.. I take my son we have season tickets in the east stand and like the people in that video football is his life .. he has autism aswel as ADHD but people wouldn't know by looking at him because like someone in the video said not all disabilities are visible...

I have only recently been identified as having ADHD after my son began his diagnosis. You wouldn't know that there was anything different about either of us, but after 50 years of masking I'm finally able to recognise why I do things in a way that might be different to others.

The new stadium will hopefully be a platform to make football accessible to everyone, and I know from some conversations with the project team that they are trying to cover absolutely every angle. But I also think that society can do so much more to acknowledge that people will have very different experiences, and we all need to be more mindful of accepting people as individuals rather than trying to lump everyone in together.

I have only recently been identified as having ADHD after my son began his diagnosis. You wouldn't know that there was anything different about either of us, but after 50 years of masking I'm finally able to recognise why I do things in a way that might be different to others.

The new stadium will hopefully be a platform to make football accessible to everyone, and I know from some conversations with the project team that they are trying to cover absolutely every angle. But I also think that society can do so much more to acknowledge that people will have very different experiences, and we all need to be more mindful of accepting people as individuals rather than trying to lump everyone in together.
How did you get diagnosed?

How did you get diagnosed?
It's not a formal diagnosis as sadly that takes years, it was via a private referral through my workplace occupational health. The working is that they have "identified significant traits that would indicate that a diagnosis for ADHD would be likely." It has enabled me to work with my manager to look at reasonable adjustments in the workplace and has also given me the space to reflect on how my brain works differently. It's not a label I readily share, but it has helped me discover a little more about who I am. I'd be more than happy to share more details through DMs if others are in a similar situation.

Back
Top Bottom