EPL Leicester v Forest - a Neutral view.

Essexyellows

Neighbour couldn`t get to the match as he was stuck on the M1 thanks to a vehicle fire so offered me his ticket.
Luckily the KP is only a 30 minute "brisk walk" from EY Towers.
Ticket was transferred phone to phone, there isn`t an ID check.
Pitch was absolutely immaculate, facilities were clean and functional.
Didn`t buy any food or drink at the ground.

Full house, decent tifo thing, noisy Forest section even when they were 2-0 down, but not much sense of atmosphere for a local derby.
City have a dedicated singing section in their Kop end which has concentrated all the singers in one place
That seems to make it "difficult" for the songs to spread to the rest of the ground.
Chatting to the chap in the next seat and he said they have a re-sale platform for ST holders that they can use 3 times a season, an adult renewal was £435 and a new ST in the Kop was £495 for 19 games.
There is also a "Membership scheme" but that sounded tricky as you pay for Membership to try and gain points but only get points by buying tickets that are almost exclusively "sold out" to ST holders. :unsure:

Overall the game was genuine quality and some of the pace and vision was certainly a different league.
James Madisson absolutely bossed the game for City - he`s their version of Marcus M !

Pleasant enough football experience for a neutral but it was horribly, horribly "sterile" and made the Rugby look more passionate!

6/10.

Neighbour couldn`t get to the match as he was stuck on the M1 thanks to a vehicle fire so offered me his ticket.
Luckily the KP is only a 30 minute "brisk walk" from EY Towers.
Ticket was transferred phone to phone, there isn`t an ID check.
Pitch was absolutely immaculate, facilities were clean and functional.
Didn`t buy any food or drink at the ground.

Full house, decent tifo thing, noisy Forest section even when they were 2-0 down, but not much sense of atmosphere for a local derby.
City have a dedicated singing section in their Kop end which has concentrated all the singers in one place
That seems to make it "difficult" for the songs to spread to the rest of the ground.
Chatting to the chap in the next seat and he said they have a re-sale platform for ST holders that they can use 3 times a season, an adult renewal was £435 and a new ST in the Kop was £495 for 19 games.
There is also a "Membership scheme" but that sounded tricky as you pay for Membership to try and gain points but only get points by buying tickets that are almost exclusively "sold out" to ST holders. :unsure:

Overall the game was genuine quality and some of the pace and vision was certainly a different league.
James Madisson absolutely bossed the game for City - he`s their version of Marcus M !

Pleasant enough football experience for a neutral but it was horribly, horribly "sterile" and made the Rugby look more passionate!

6/10.
I have family who watch a Premier League team via such a scheme ( as it's You EY I best not mention who :whistle:) anyway they get Tickets to not just League games but Champions League also and never had problem for the various finals.

I have family who watch a Premier League team via such a scheme ( as it's You EY I best not mention who :whistle:) anyway they get Tickets to not just League games but Champions League also and never had problem for the various finals.

Yep, the problem at the KP is that those tickets rarely make open/resale and the Membership+ is £42 a season.
They`ve just got planning to extend the ground so that might help...... or force the price up.

It's a bit cringeworthy that they play music after they score. There should be no place for that in football anywhere.

It`s funny to watch a lot of the ground "politely applauding" from their seat with little discernible movement. :ROFLMAO:

It's a bit cringeworthy that they play music after they score. There should be no place for that in football anywhere.
The flip of that is, atmosphere can be dull but what happens when a team scores?, Fans then sing even if been quiet for a while.

With (Don't mention Var) that instant adrenelin rush is taken away anyway.

Yep, the problem at the KP is that those tickets rarely make open/resale and the Membership+ is £42 a season.
They`ve just got planning to extend the ground so that might help...... or force the price up.
At certain Premier League grounds you wont get a season ticket for love nor money and with Delfinia (see what i did there :oops:) once you're on the Membership scheme and a Match Day Ticket becomes available to you then you pretty much need to attend to get those points. Of course there are ways around these things and had the guy that gave you a ticket last evening been on such a scheme, their pts keep building.

In the past i've personally "stood in" for a family member and as you mention at the KP, there was no Id required just swipe the Membership card.

Disclaimer:::: Given where i'm talking about, i best make it clear that when i say Swipe a card I don't mean Nick one

At certain Premier League grounds you wont get a season ticket for love nor money and with Delfinia (see what i did there :oops:) once you're on the Membership scheme and a Match Day Ticket becomes available to you then you pretty much need to attend to get those points. Of course there are ways around these things and had the guy that gave you a ticket last evening been on such a scheme, their pts keep building.

In the past i've personally "stood in" for a family member and as you mention at the KP, there was no Id required just swipe the Membership card.

Disclaimer:::: Given where i'm talking about, i best make it clear that when i say Swipe a card I don't mean Nick one
I'm sure that given where you are talking about, @Essexyellows is probably very surprised that they bother with tickets at all, and don't just all force their way in 😉

I shall have you know I have been to the red skip 3 times. Thoroughly bathed in bleach afterwards and retained all the wheels on the car. :ROFLMAO:

The flip of that is, atmosphere can be dull but what happens when a team scores?, Fans then sing even if been quiet for a while.

With (Don't mention Var) that instant adrenelin rush is taken away anyway.

That is something I noticed, the initial reaction to a goal, then about 70% of the crowd looking at the ref or the big screens! It just takes the edge off the moment.

I love James Maddison - he's one of those players like Richarlison, Ivan Toney, and James Ward-Prowse that may not be regarded as 'top-drawer' but from what I see on TV highlights often do really skilful things and score great goals.

I shall have you know I have been to the red skip 3 times. Thoroughly bathed in bleach afterwards and retained all the wheels on the car. :ROFLMAO:

That is something I noticed, the initial reaction to a goal, then about 70% of the crowd looking at the ref or the big screens! It just takes the edge off the moment.
Other than our 6-0, Swansea, Brighton, Chelsea, Man Utd and 2 European games.

Given the hatred of the 2 red sides, I was shocked at how relatively Tame it was atmosphere wise.

One thing I will say though given the numbers is how efficiantly it is done.

Family used the same Car Park and whilst not officially Reserved, The guys always kept a place for the regulars.

On a personal note I did decline the Family offer to wear a Red Scarf, I still hold the hope that oneday we can all sit together in the Kop when the Yellows go there and me with my Oxford coat on.

I love James Maddison - he's one of those players like Richarlison, Ivan Toney, and James Ward-Prowse that may not be regarded as 'top-drawer' but from what I see on TV highlights often do really skilful things and score great goals.
Richarlison plays for Brazil and was bought by Spurs for what £60m so I think he’s viewed as pretty top drawer! Agree with your other names mentioned though.

And he got me a rake of fantasy team points last night to help me go top of my league so he’s top banana in my book as well. 👍

Forest v Leicester being described as a "derby" is as much as Oxford v Wycombe. Local, but nothing much else to it for Forest, who's real rivals are Derby of course.

Almost identical to our feelings against Wycombe.

Back
Top Bottom