EFL League 1 Final Day - 12.30pm Kick Off

Sarge

God like member
Early start if youre going to Exeter then....

****!
They could have announced this months ago.
booked 2 advance train tickets there and back yesterday assuming a 3pm kick-off so arriving 12:15.
Got the outbound train amended and stuck with the same time return.
Trainline has charged us 4x £10 admin fee for amending all 4 tickets, so outbound and return.

****!
booked 2 advance train tickets there and back yesterday assuming a 3pm kick-off so arriving 12:15.
Trainline has charged us 4x £10 admin fee for amending all 4 tickets, so outbound and return.
We booked a hotel some time ago as they were selling out. We booked 3 nights to cover all eventualities but, went for the higher rate to get a refundable deal. Will now drive down on the Friday and probably back on the Sunday and cancel the third night. (Bloody expensive even for two nights!) Staying in Topsham and getting the train to the ground so easy trip on the day and can have a drink as well!

Fully expected some sort of change, all to suit the TV companies, no doubt. And, of course, sod the fans who have to get there for an early kick off.

We booked a hotel some time ago as they were selling out. We booked 3 nights to cover all eventualities but, went for the higher rate to get a refundable deal. Will now drive down on the Friday and probably back on the Sunday and cancel the third night. (Bloody expensive even for two nights!) Staying in Topsham and getting the train to the ground so easy trip on the day and can have a drink as well!

Fully expected some sort of change, all to suit the TV companies, no doubt. And, of course, sod the fans who have to get there for an early kick off.
Ah, there is the Topsham 10 pub crawl to do...

Hasn't this been the case for some time? The last game of last season at home to Accrington was a 12 noon kickoff, as was Burton at home in 2021, and Bolton at home in 2020 (before being cancelled due to Covid).

Staying in Topsham too. Easy train ride to the ground. Good beers in the evening to celebrate.

Hasn't this been the case for some time? The last game of last season at home to Accrington was a 12 noon kickoff, as was Burton at home in 2021, and Bolton at home in 2020 (before being cancelled due to Covid).
On the final day of the season, all the games in any given league must kick off at the same time so as to prevent any possibility of an unfair advantage being gained by playing after other scores are known.

As there are likely to be games which may decide promotion or relegation, Sky will be wanting to televise them, so everyone suffers because one "big game" is on telly. I'm surprised that they haven't moved L2 to 5:30pm....

Staying in Topsham too. Easy train ride to the ground. Good beers in the evening to celebrate.
Absolutely! Return ticket for both Mrs L and myself is just £8.60. 10:37 train to St. James and probably 15:24 back (might make the 14:23 but, I doubt it!)
Got dinner sorted for Saturday evening as a treat, hopefully to celebrate a successful end to the season or, if not, then just for the hell of it!
Might see you around!

Absolutely! Return ticket for both Mrs L and myself is just £8.60. 10:37 train to St. James and probably 15:24 back (might make the 14:23 but, I doubt it!)
Got dinner sorted for Saturday evening as a treat, hopefully to celebrate a successful end to the season or, if not, then just for the hell of it!
Might see you around!
Just as an aside, Mr ML, are you partly responsible for the difficulty in finding rooms that weekend?! 😆

Just as an aside, Mr ML, are you partly responsible for the difficulty in finding rooms that weekend?! 😆
Could well be. We started looking a good while back, possibly when we were still looking nailed on for the play-offs at the very least. There's not much choice in Topsham though. (bit on the pricey side as well!)

Had a girlfriend lived in Topsham. Dont know what it is like Lord Nelson was nice, mind you this was many years ago so i dont know what it is like now.
Only a short trip to Exmouth from there for an evening out

****!
There’s a lesson for everyone……never use trainline.

On the final day of the season, all the games in any given league must kick off at the same time so as to prevent any possibility of an unfair advantage being gained by playing after other scores are known.

As there are likely to be games which may decide promotion or relegation, Sky will be wanting to televise them, so everyone suffers because one "big game" is on telly. I'm surprised that they haven't moved L2 to 5:30pm....
That was my understanding also. So are we saying that all Lge 1 games are kicking off at 1230hrs on the final day of the season, or have the club got this wrong? FWIW the BBC website is showing ours and all other games as 3pm ko.

Edit - just read further. Yes all games in the division are 1230 ko. I really hope the FSA kick into the EFL over this as it’s a disgrace.

That was my understanding also. So are we saying that all Lge 1 games are kicking off at 1230hrs on the final day of the season, or have the club got this wrong? FWIW the BBC website is showing ours and all other games as 3pm ko.

Edit - just read further. Yes all games in the division are 1230 ko. I really hope the FSA kick into the EFL over this as it’s a disgrace.
This is the usual thing for the last day of the season.

This is the usual thing for the last day of the season.

Yep. Also the last day for League 2 although their fixtures all KO at 3pm. The Championship finishes a week later.

I suspect it’s to draw out the drama (and betting most likely) over the day. You can finish following the League 1 scores and then follow the League 2 scores for the rest of the afternoon (along with the PL too).

Back
Top Bottom