Ex Player Kyle Joseph

If he had a good touch every time (it lets him down occasionally not always) then he wouldn’t be here, his other qualities would have a championship player already.

Sign him on if we can, and two more like him to play up front.
I’d agree with signing him on permanently. Probably a good time to sign him just coming back from injury.
How much would he cost? £250000 perhaps

I’d agree with signing him on permanently. Probably a good time to sign him just coming back from injury.
According to transfermarkt they paid £580k for him only a couple of years ago. I suspect they’d want a return on that to even discuss it. I’d predict anywhere from £750k-£1m plus a hefty sell-on and/or a bonus if he helps us out of L1 but I might be in a complete loony land there.

But it certainly feels like a deal we should at least look to do and wouldn’t be impossible. As good as he is, he’s not championship ready and Swansea are unlikely to give him regular starts.

Worst case scenario let’s have him on another loan and build a better team around him.

Not got a clue but it would probably break our transfer record. But if you are going to break it make sure it’s on a player who gives you something you have really struggled to get from other types of transfers, the free transfers etc, he is a bit different as he has a physicality we have been missing especially up front.

Our transfer record I think was for £470000, so it’d take £500000 maybe to secure him. It seems unlikely we will offer that and Swansea could even want him back.
Brilliant goal yesterday within seconds of coming on. I’m sure his permanent addition would do much to help our cause over the coming weeks

Easier send than done with Joseph. He's well regarded at Swansea and they invested decent money to get him in the first place. A deal isn't impossible but there's no way he'd come here for £500k.

Easier send than done with Joseph. He's well regarded at Swansea and they invested decent money to get him in the first place. A deal isn't impossible but there's no way he'd come here for £500k.
Added to this Swansea are far from shy in these things - they recalled the excellent Whittaker from Argyle last week (apparently against his wishes) and he wasn't even on the bench for them yesterday

According to transfermarkt they paid £580k for him only a couple of years ago. I suspect they’d want a return on that to even discuss it. I’d predict anywhere from £750k-£1m plus a hefty sell-on and/or a bonus if he helps us out of L1 but I might be in a complete loony land there.

But it certainly feels like a deal we should at least look to do and wouldn’t be impossible. As good as he is, he’s not championship ready and Swansea are unlikely to give him regular starts.

Worst case scenario let’s have him on another loan and build a better team around him.
A decent league one striker would be 750K? That seems very high. Surely Swansea would either keep him or sell him for less than that.

Added to this Swansea are far from shy in these things - they recalled the excellent Whittaker from Argyle last week (apparently against his wishes) and he wasn't even on the bench for them yesterday
One to keep an eye on because if Swansea give him a game, he can’t register for a 3rd club. So they may have recalled him for a sale (like Broadhead to Ipswich) or to be loaned out at a higher level. Surprising though, given there aren’t many better places to play your football than Plymouth right now.

We valued Brannagan at more than a million last season and Joseph has the potential to have a significantly higher ceiling. Joseph is 18 months into a 4 year deal at Swansea, who paid £500k plus add-ons and had him in the first team squad for the second half of last season. We're not going to pick him up on the cheap!

Unload some more dead wood and sign the lad. If we don't we will end up paying a lot more for somebody not as good. He's right up our street.

You'd have to imagine that Joseph will stay with us on loan for the rest of the season but won't be available to buy (unless we offer silly money). I suspect player himself feels he can play a level up and this is a stepping stone to him doing so - not a criticism, as far as the parent club goes that's exactly what the loan is for.

You'd have to imagine that Joseph will stay with us on loan for the rest of the season but won't be available to buy (unless we offer silly money). I suspect player himself feels he can play a level up and this is a stepping stone to him doing so - not a criticism, as far as the parent club goes that's exactly what the loan is for.

Considering how much we look like we are gonna rely on him & Bate, it’s going to be one of the biggest rebuilding jobs ever this summer.

Considering how much we look like we are gonna rely on him & Bate, it’s going to be one of the biggest rebuilding jobs ever this summer.
Agreed. That's one of the problems with the loan system (not that we have taken full advantage of it this season!) and add that to the long term injured and ageing players and the team that starts next season is going to look very different.

Agreed. That's one of the problems with the loan system (not that we have taken full advantage of it this season!) and add that to the long term injured and ageing players and the team that starts next season is going to look very different.

GK, RB Moore Brown LB, DM McGuane Brannagan, RW CF Browne.

Major rebuild for a potential new head coach.

A decent league one striker would be 750K? That seems very high. Surely Swansea would either keep him or sell him for less than that.

Three years ago, Peterborough paid Rovers 1.25m up front, plus incentives that have since taken the total up over 2m, for Jonson Clarke-Harris.

Clarke-Harris had a bit more pedegree and a lot more experience at the time than Joseph does now, but he'd never scored more than 16 goals in a league season.

So yeah, 750k sounds about right to me for Joseph.

Course if you get a decent fraction of what Posh got from Clarke-Harris (31 goals and a promotion), it would be worth it!

It cost Swansea 500k to get Joseph so I thing they will probably want to recoup as much as they can