League One January 2022 L1 Transfers (other than OUFC players in or out)

Thankfully we didn't get either although I'm sure Kip would think them great signings.

Who else was frequently on the always-wanted list that never played for us?

Jamie Cureton?
Brett Pitman??
Richard Brodie???
Matt Tubbs????

Last edited:

Jamie Cureton?
Brett Pitman??
Richard Brodie???
Matt Tubbs????
Are we safe to add Will Grigg to that list just yet?

Jamie Cureton?
Brett Pitman??
Richard Brodie???
Matt Tubbs????
Back in our non league days a strike force of tubbs Brodie and constable would have been epic 😄

There was a decent non league full back (maybe at Stevenage ?) who the fans certainly wanted us to sign, can't rememeber his name though.

There was a decent non league full back (maybe at Stevenage ?) who the fans certainly wanted us to sign, can't rememeber his name though.

Lawrie Wilson? Had a few years at Charlton and Bolton and now in the NLS with Billericay.

I recall us always showing interest in Darren Byfield from time to time.

Or much worse than that the obsession on the old TiU in Exodus Geohaghon. He had a big throw and a memorable name but had nothing else going for him.

Danny Wilson , Ray Ranson were close to signing a few years back a couple of times .
Garry Parker

I remember Danny Wilson nearly signing. I recall seeing him pictured on the old Beech Road terrace, that's how close he was to joining ! I also remember us agreeing a deal with Alex Cropley (Ex Villa and Arsenal ??) back in the 70's, I might be wrong but think we then went for Peter Houseman when couldn't get Cropley.

Lawrie Wilson? Had a few years at Charlton and Bolton and now in the NLS with Billericay.

I recall us always showing interest in Darren Byfield from time to time.

Or much worse than that the obsession on the old TiU in Exodus Geohaghon. He had a big throw and a memorable name but had nothing else going for him.

Might have been him, Wilson. Couldn't never quite understand it because I felt we had the best two full backs in non-league at the time - Batt and Tonkin.

Back
Top Bottom