International News Immigration

Oh, so we can't physically fit more people in. I see.

Jeeeesus.
Of course , its wonderful to live in dense, urban conditions that I no doubt you do .
To bring children into the world who doesn't just want them crammed into classrooms and not having greenspace to play in.

And you are no doubt looking foward to masses of the country being covered in flats and dense population demographics.
No doubt you already enjoy living in cramp conditions where its at least 30-40% built up land . Sounds a lovely ideal you have of how we should be happy to live in a giant metropolitan sprawl.

I live in a town so yes it is urban but has parks and rivers running through etc.

That is quite an impressive drama queen laden response making some wild leaps of imagination. Are we giving refugees 100 bedroom Manor Houses and Mansions now for masses of the country to be covered?

I live in a town so yes it is urban but has parks and rivers running through etc.

That is quite an impressive drama queen laden response making some wild leaps of imagination. Are we giving refugees 100 bedroom Manor Houses and Mansions now for masses of the country to be covered?
Completely not what I am saying .
Where do you think these people are likely to live though?

"UK land", look at how densely populated the south-east is. How many of these migrants are going to move to Fort William or Aberyswyth!

Have a look at one of the Sheik's posts as he shows where they go and it isn't all to the South East. The density of the South East isn't because of refugees or immigrants, it is driven by the economy. Again a failure of the Tory and Labour Govts going back to the 80s in spreading jobs to other regions.

• React
Reactions: QR
Completely not what I am saying .
Where do you think these people are likely to live though?

All over the UK. The Scottish Govt has been explicit in wanting inward migration for example. How are you planning to pay for Govt and Local Authority services with an ageing population without any migrants?

Obviously. That really will happen . Everyone mixes just dandy and there are no areas of one race or another pretty much dominating it .

Are migrants or refugees all of one race? I suppose they are all of the human race....

And how are you paying for public services (local and National) with the diminishing tax base/increasing costs of an ageing population without immigration?

Of course , its wonderful to live in dense, urban conditions that I no doubt you do .
To bring children into the world who doesn't just want them crammed into classrooms and not having greenspace to play in.

Roughly 6% of the UK is built on.

I suggest you further look at land ownership in the UK.

If we are all to live in dense urban conditions that is a matter of policy not geography!

You are aware that the government has pledged to build 300,000 houses a year I trust?

Are migrants or refugees all of one race? I suppose they are all of the human race....

And how are you paying for public services (local and National) with the diminishing tax base/increasing costs of an ageing population without

If we are all to live in dense urban conditions that is a matter of policy not geography!

You are aware that the government has pledged to build 300,000 houses a year I trust?
That is based in urban areas with vast swathes of countryside not being built on . And why the need to build so many more houses with a declining population?

That's such a simplified analogy though isnt it ?
So why , if under such risks, do they travel on their own and leave families behind ?
And pay thousands for the privilege to travel through safe countries to arrive in Britain ?
So after some really well argued and analytical posts describing how complex this all is and how economic migrants are being conflated with asylum seekers you take ten steps backwards and refer to all those involved as "they".

God help us. ☹️

and 40 (new) hospitals too ( nat every year though)

All I can say is that it's a good thing that T/B/J doesn't live in Lebanon!
A country with more than twice the population density of the UK that, as of June this year, was hosting an estimated 1.5 million refugees. Equivalent to about 20% of its population. So about ten times as many as Britain in less than half the space (per person).

Or Turkey.....about half the population density of the UK, but which has received more refugees in the past decade than any other nation - 4.3 million.

Then he might really have something to complain about.......

"That is based in urban areas with vast swathes of countryside not being built on . And why the need to build so many more houses with a declining population?"

What is the point you are making with it being based on urban areas with vast swathes of countryside not being built on?

We have an ageing population and unless the birth rate of those living here suddenly increases or we have the required immigration to balance that ageing population then it will be even worse as we'll have an ageing and declining population. So T/B/J how is the UK going to fund public services with the difference between the drop in tax-take along with an increase in costs of an ageing population without immigration?

Also, T/B/J, can you answer this I asked in the prior post please: Are migrants or refugees all of one race?

"That is based in urban areas with vast swathes of countryside not being built on . And why the need to build so many more houses with a declining population?"

What is the point you are making with it being based on urban areas with vast swathes of countryside not being built on?

We have an ageing population and unless the birth rate of those living here suddenly increases or we have the required immigration to balance that ageing population then it will be even worse as we'll have an ageing and declining population. So T/B/J how is the UK going to fund public services with the difference between the drop in tax-take along with an increase in costs of an ageing population without immigration?

Also, T/B/J, can you answer this I asked in the prior post please: Are migrants or refugees all of one race?
i disagree japan for example has a much bigger issue with a ageing population and they do not rely on alot of immigration for jobs etc .

i disagree japan for example has a much bigger issue with a ageing population and they do not rely on alot of immigration for jobs etc .

And from what I've read, they've growing issues with it and it will only get worse. Some towns and villages are being taken over by nature again which is good for nature in the long term I will admit. What do you think will happen with public services with falling tax take to pay for them whilst cost pressures are increasing with no immigration? Also, there will be even less people to do those public services.

Back
Top Bottom