International News Immigration

My hometown is being overrun by terrorists and i must flee with my family and try to build a new life away from the bombs, threat and horror. I best quickly log onto linkedin and see who's hiring.
That's such a simplified analogy though isnt it ?
So why , if under such risks, do they travel on their own and leave families behind ?
And pay thousands for the privilege to travel through safe countries to arrive in Britain ?

So why , if under such risks, do they travel on their own and leave families behind ?
And pay thousands for the privilege to travel through safe countries to arrive in Britain ?

And that isn't a 'simplified analogy'?

And that isn't a 'simplified analogy'?
So how else do they end up in Britain after passing through so many safe countries , pay thousands to a trafficker and are 9 times out of 10 males on their own negating the ' family first ' story .

So how else do they end up in Britain after passing through so many safe countries , pay thousands to a trafficker and are 9 times out of 10 males on their own negating the ' family first ' story .

Where did you get the figure of 90% male from?

I think it is often the case that displaced families will migrate from a danger zone and whilst they might be safe, there is no prospect of work or providing a future for their family, so will look further afield. The vast majority do however stay in the region in which they are displaced. Of those that travel further, I found this posted by @SteMerritt on an earlier page:

smartselect_20201028-111351_chrome-jpg.4879

I would say that a major factor in "why the UK?" is that many will speak some English (more likely than French and far more likely then German) and many will have some family connection. And yet we still lag significantly behind even countries like Greece on the numbers we take, who are way, way ahead of us per capita (and nobody other than the Greeks really speak Greek!).

So language and links will play a part. But it is still a comparatively small number though.

Apart from women and children died the other day of course. They pay (or in debt for) £000s because we as a country have closed down or made it very, very difficult to get here any other way . You think they'd choose the dangerous route over a safe route to apply?

For example, the Govt promised a safe route for asylum seekers (incl. those that helped us) from Afghans fleeing the Taliban after the airlift. Yet even though it was a while ago, still nothing set up. Meanwhile, the Taliban are hunting down Judges, those who helped the Allies, Security personnel of the previous regime, pretty much anybody who stood up to the Taliban.

Apart from women and children died the other day of course. They pay (or in debt for) £000s because we as a country have closed down or made it very, very difficult to get here any other way . You think they'd choose the dangerous route over a safe route to apply?

For example, the Govt promised a safe route for asylum seekers (incl. those that helped us) from Afghans fleeing the Taliban after the airlift. Yet even though it was a while ago, still nothing set up. Meanwhile, the Taliban are hunting down Judges, those who helped the Allies, Security personnel of the previous regime, pretty much anybody who stood up to the Taliban.
% wise sadly still out of the ones that perished very low .
They have enough money to generally be in a reasonable place in society in those Countries .
So everyone can arrive in any Country they wish ?
How does that work ?
Helping people is fine but how you can just have a free for all isnt the way social cohesion is made .
Separate communities doesn't make a peaceful or happy Nation.

% wise sadly still out of the ones that perished very low .
They have enough money to generally be in a reasonable place in society in those Countries .
So everyone can arrive in any Country they wish ?
How does that work ?
Helping people is fine but how you can just have a free for all isnt the way social cohesion is made .
Separate communities doesn't make a peaceful or happy Nation.

Do you understand the difference between a refugee and an economic migrant? Around 70% of those coming over by boat are getting refugee status.

Whose talking about separate communities and who said everyone?

Also to put numbers in historic context:
Fig 2.png

And from that same report:

Changes over time in the number of people seeking asylum in the UK are driven in large part by geopolitical events, since asylum seekers come mainly from countries embroiled in political and military conflicts (see Crawley, 2010). For example, the spike in people who came to the UK to seek asylum from 1998 to 2002 were mainly nationals of Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the former Yugoslavia – at that time sites of war.

Looking at all people who sought asylum from 2010 to 2020, 68% were male, and 65% of all grants of asylum or other leave at initial decision were to men or boys (Applications, initial decisions, and resettlement, Asy_D02).

An analysis of the composition of grants over time by nationality can be found in a House of Commons Library briefing on Asylum statistics (Sturge, 2020, p. 12).

Do you understand the difference between a refugee and an economic migrant? Around 70% of those coming over by boat are getting refugee status.

Whose talking about separate communities and who said everyone?
I certainly do and does that make them genuine refugees or briefed to say the correct thing so they aren't classified as economic migrants ?

My hometown is being overrun by terrorists and i must flee with my family and try to build a new life away from the bombs, threat and horror. I best quickly log onto linkedin and see who's hiring.
Is northern France that bad these days?

I certainly do and does that make them genuine refugees or briefed to say the correct thing so they aren't classified as economic migrants ?

Yes they are refugees if they get that status considering the process they have to go through to get it.

If you understand the difference, why are you focused on the cost to get to the UK considering their lives are at risk, or the possibility of being imprisoned for no reason, or tortured if they stayed? If your life was at risk from the state, wouldn't you pay £000s if it was the only way to get to a safe country?

I'd recommend you read up on the Refugee Convention.

Back
Top Bottom