Matches Home Support Attendance.

Playing devil's advocate: I suppose the question is then "When WOULD be the best time to hold this type of thing?"

The advantage of holding them on a match day is that everyone is already going to be there. Locals, exiles, singers, standers, sitters, kids, adults, everyone. If you have such meetings on a wet Wednesday night elsewhere in Oxford, I am 100% sure that the amount of people who might attend is much more severely limited. Personally I drive over 50 miles to get to home games and the same again to get home (no, I don't want a medal thanks!) - I'd always drive to a match, probably wouldn't bother for a meeting.

If the subject of this (or any other meeting) were important to you, missing a pint before the start of the game wouldn't be the end of the world? If the meeting finished at 1.30 you'd probably be able to get back for one if you were quick!

or not if youre with your 87 year old dad, disabled nephew - both with mobility problems, Im not as sprightly as I once was, and with a young grandaughter (becoming something of a regular home supporter), you wouldnt have a hope in hell of doing, well, anything 'quick'

- for most Saturday home games, if Im able to make it to them, its after a 120 mile drive, and how long it takes is very much down to traffic flow (or not), sometimes I dont reach Cowley until gone 2.30pm, other times if the traffic is good its nearer to 1 pm- with my middle granddaughter becoming a U's fan, theres the additional time and mileage, to pick her up in Witney to add to the travel schedule too

instead of going to the meeting I'll email OUFC SLO

for me any OUFC arranged pre match meetings (ironically given the aim of the forthcoming meeting) impinge , interfere and disrupt my pre match rituals.... as for holding the meeting in the breeze block,
I personally dont like spending any more than the absolute minimum of time inside there ... but thats just me ;)

Forum: Why aren’t there more initiatives to involve fans and improve marketing?

Club days later: We’re holding a fans initiative meeting!

Forum: Henry nearly got moved on last year and still hasn’t signed a contract he was after a year ago - I wonder if that will change soon?

Club days later: We’re going to sit down with James Henry about a new deal!

What else do people want? We’re on a roll here.

I can’t do most evenings, can someone coordinate this please? Thx

Evening meeting, not on a matchday, with a live, online hookup- ( I wouldn't know which option would be best myself, but theres those who do know how to work technology!)- best of both worlds maybe ?, and nobody's pre-match habits are compromised? that should work methinks?

Forum: Why aren’t there more initiatives to involve fans and improve marketing?

Club days later: We’re holding a fans initiative meeting!

Forum: Henry nearly got moved on last year and still hasn’t signed a contract he was after a year ago - I wonder if that will change soon?

Club days later: We’re going to sit down with James Henry about a new deal!

What else do people want? We’re on a roll here.

If it’s being offered, new 15k stadium with access to Oxford parkway & expansion.
I’ll also take promotion at the end of the season please.

It may look like I'm trying to moan, but football fans are stubborn. A vast majority aren't going to go out of their way to give their views.

However, if you asked the the Blackbird if someone from the club could walk around with a clipboard, speaking with anyone and everyone about their ideas, I'm certain it would be a better use of time and you'd have honest opinions from the people most likely involved in the atmosphere.

?‍♂️

This is a better idea (not only the 'Bird) - at meetings you just get the people who want to be seen to be heard (apart from @Sarge ) - real people will be in the pubs and around the ground up to no good if they've got anything about them.

It may look like I'm trying to moan, but football fans are stubborn. A vast majority aren't going to go out of their way to give their views.

However, if you asked the the Blackbird if someone from the club could walk around with a clipboard, speaking with anyone and everyone about their ideas, I'm certain it would be a better use of time and you'd have honest opinions from the people most likely involved in the atmosphere.

?‍♂️
As long as they are not mistaken for Michelin guide inspectors sizing up the pre-match buffet!

Of course the easiest way is to open up a page on the official website dedicated to this. Leave it open for a week then the club can look at all the suggestions etc in one hit. Fans then don't have to go out of their way but if you can be bothered to write in all well and good. Lets face it, anyone can do that these days. An hours meeting won't achieve much. Questions and answers can drag out leaving people frustrated when the time runs out and they haven't been heard.

This is a better idea (not only the 'Bird) - at meetings you just get the people who want to be seen to be heard (apart from @Sarge ) - real people will be in the pubs and around the ground up to no good if they've got anything about them.
You mean, they’d rather moan about how things are than do anything about changing them

How about pay what you like?

Well it worked for Radiohead when they released 'In Rainbows' like that...

... I guess if they get a load of extra people in then they make their money through catering and programme sales.

Well it worked for Radiohead when they released 'In Rainbows' like that...

... I guess if they get a load of extra people in then they make their money through catering and programme sales.
Can't make money on "free" hot dogs?

Back
Top Bottom