Matches Home Support Attendance.

We will be selling players in January if the amount offered is to good to turn down imo, sources of income should be offset by cup runs until we meet some of the bigger draw games that still lie ahead, we have to in the playoffs positions for some of our stay away fans to make the effort to come along imo, although this some of the best football we’ve played since Mapp left.

If we can get by Sunderland then getting to a quarter final of a major cup competition would give the club something to really push.

I wish the club would try to get the fans on board a bit more like they used to do with posters etc. This could be in the form of social media and posters etc again but they need to build a momentum and using supporters can give it that momentum. Tbh, I'm underwhelmed by the social media effort by the club as done right it is an easier way to build a momentum off the pitch especially when the product is so good.

For example: https://www.asroma.com/en/news/2019/10/as-roma-adopt-hackney-wick-fc-on-non-league-day

AS Roma also highlight missing people and have been part of finding some of them. I'm not suggesting we sponsor a team but we can replicate this type of thing discussing/promoting local projects, community schemes, community champions across Oxfordshire and make the club's social media something that is also more about the community. This can only benefit (imo) long term helping the club become at the heart of the Oxfordshire. We must likely know plenty of these schemes through our Community Trust to a degree so it isn't a stretch to highlight them on the club's social media.

Well, I dont think we want student luvvy types coming to see a working man's game anyway.

(or so it would seem from some posts on here).

"Working man's game" are you living in the 1950's worried the toffs will laugh at your flat cap and donkey jacket?

I wish the club would try to get the fans on board a bit more like they used to do with posters etc. This could be in the form of social media and posters etc again but they need to build a momentum and using supporters can give it that momentum. Tbh, I'm underwhelmed by the social media effort by the club as done right it is an easier way to build etc.....

I guess the Kashmir thing is in a sense a brilliant start but as you don't say, it's appeal is mostly to the snowflake community.

A set of similar initiatives targeted at The Shire would be a joy to see, and could bear fruit.

What Lincoln City done to improve their crowds ? They used to have awful attendences

2-3 seasons of continued success, if we have the same then ours will follow suit , some people just expect thousands to return after a successful month .

Lincoln have done a lot of work off the pitch (although don't know the specifics) and worked with their Ultras. It isn't all to down to on field success.

Many of you planning on attending the meeting before the match to discuss some off are ideas that have been brought up? Plenty off us have great ideas that need to be heard ?

I’ve press ganged 3 armchair Premiership loving mates into coming to Rochdale. Don’t let me down lads or it will take some living down.

2-3 seasons of continued success, if we have the same then ours will follow suit , some people just expect thousands to return after a successful month .
Is that why before Lincoln had even achieved anything and were still in the conference, they were getting bigger home crowds than we do now and were regularly taking 2,000+ to away games?

Or could it be because they actually made an effort to engage the community and get them inside the ground, which they then used to fuel the team’s performance and the entire thing snowballed?

Either or.

Rochdale attendance looking pitiful after a glance at the ticket sale map.

?‍♂️
It’s ok. The clubs forum spokesperson has assured us that keep winning and we’ll automatically be playing in front of 10k every week. And if we start losing those crowds won’t drop off again.

People in Bicester/Banbury receiving MK Dons advertising on Newspapers. I was walking around Windsor in the summer and there were buses coated in Reading advertisements.

We apparently have a great relationship with both Oxford Bus Company & the Oxford Mail. In the summers, to sell season tickets, why aren't we teaming up with them to do in-your-face advertisement. These clubs that get better attendances than us, despite being no more entertaining or having any larger catchment areas. Maybe we're missing a trick here?...

EDIT: The point I'm making here is that the club aren't advertising enough. We've got a few Yellow Army videos and a couple of OUFC.co.uk posts, but they're all in the 6000 large echo-chamber, not the 600k potential customer zone.

well, todays U23 match attracted around 50 or spectators ( some mayve been either clubs officials) without counted those in the tech areas n on the benches... free admission too :sneaky:

People in Bicester/Banbury receiving MK Dons advertising on Newspapers. I was walking around Windsor in the summer and there were buses coated in Reading advertisements.

We apparently have a great relationship with both Oxford Bus Company & the Oxford Mail. In the summers, to sell season tickets, why aren't we teaming up with them to do in-your-face advertisement. These clubs that get better attendances than us, despite being no more entertaining or having any larger catchment areas. Maybe we're missing a trick here?...

EDIT: The point I'm making here is that the club aren't advertising enough. We've got a few Yellow Army videos and a couple of OUFC.co.uk posts, but they're all in the 6000 large echo-chamber, not the 600k potential customer zone.

What are the most Oxford supporting towns outside of the City? I'd guess Abingdon, Didcot, Bicester and perhaps Banbury? These towns should definitely be targeted by the club.

I'm not from Oxford and have never lived there, so wouldn't know myself.

What are the most Oxford supporting towns outside of the City? I'd guess Abingdon, Didcot, Bicester and perhaps Banbury? These towns should definitely be targeted by the club.

add Thame, Witney to that list ...theres others to add in too

If you walk around Reading you see them advertised all over the place and there are loads of people wearing their colours, if I see someone in Oxford wearing yellow and blue I have a double take!

Bicester needs a huge push. This is a town with a lot of growth coming over the next twenty years. We can't let MK Dons get a foot in there.

Witney, Abingdon and Didcot seem to be where a large number of fans come from, so continue a big push there.

I'd hit these Ox Bus Comp routes with advertisement. Additionally, any local newspapers.

Thame, Wantage, Banbury also all have potential with lots of growth.

Get some leaflets out around the towns & through doors too. Sure, it'll cost a fair bit, but I'm certain you're going to get a large amount of interest - especially if you run offers like the 6 game flexi ticket for example. Maybe Family Tickets (2 Adult / 2 kids) for £15/20 etc.

Back
Top Bottom