#hergametoo

OUSP

Oxford United Supporters Panel Member
The OUSP is pleased that the Club has announced its partnership with HerGameToo. We have been working with the club and HerGameToo towards this.
Panel members will be available before the match on Saturday to talk about #HGT, or any other supporter issues you want to discuss. You'll find us outside the South Stand. Come and say hello.

Meanwhile, enjoy this one

How about including the 'secret' track on OXCD from during the 90s in the playlist?........ ATL?, Oxford United squad ( I think) and Sam , from all female Oxford band Beaker , on lead vocals

cant remember the title*, but it was a kind of 'love song' to Oxford United ..... and on the OxCD compilation it was track number ....86

* Im sure someone on here can

on the subject of Oxford all female band, Beaker - My Back Garden really should be given a play (IMO)
it was released on local label shifty disco

How about including the 'secret' track on OXCD from during the 90s in the playlist?........ ATL?, Oxford United squad ( I think) and Sam , from all female Oxford band Beaker , on lead vocals

cant remember the title*, but it was a kind of 'love song' to Oxford United ..... and on the OxCD compilation it was track number ....86

* Im sure someone on here can

on the subject of Oxford all female band, Beaker - My Back Garden really should be given a play (IMO)
it was released on local label shifty disco

Was called 'U are my Sunshine' I believe.

@
Adore that track, although much prefer the Dandy Livingstone version, it's a lot slower and more chilled than the Ska version

@OUSP Secretary was asking for ALL female tracks .... hence Beaker, Bellestars, Bodysnatchers, Girlschool & The Slits ..... so far ,
not only female vocalists but all female bands , playing the instruments too
( not some pre-packaged , manufactured warble pop popstress or popstresses over a synthetic backing track- which is likely what will be imposed tomorrow )

if 'just' female vocalists 'qualify' I hope its not the likes of the bleedin' obvious ( including that scummer Billie Piper) - the list of candidates is literally endless

IF having one female musician in a band qualifies .... how about thefirst female drummer on a UK hit Single, the Joe Meek produced chart topper

The Honeycombs - Have I the right

Great music choices there @Manorlounger

I've never heard that Aretha version of You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman before, and Carole King's reaction (she wrote it kids and is the blonde woman they keep cutting to) was priceless. Truly emotional. What an album Tapestry was, not my usual sort of music back in the day, but an absolutely seminal album of it's time, and one of my all time favourites to this day.

And there aren't many people who can go head to head with Whitney and come out on top. Chaka Khan's anthem for a generation of women.

Once again great choices, thanks for sharing them.

Two versions of this were late 60s hits ..... Mary Hopkins , and resident of Marsham in the 'shire, Sandie Shaw

IMO - the old London Road Favourite really should be adopted as OUFC song

Heres Sandie Shaw's Version ....

celebrating Internat

Celebrating International womens day/week/month shouldnt the Queen of Soul ( from Detroit) Arethas contribution be her version of Respect?

Think about who wrote "You make me feel, like a natural woman" Clue, she's in the audience of that video!

Back
Top Bottom