#hergametoo

Great music choices there @Manorlounger

I've never heard that Aretha version of You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman before, and Carole King's reaction (she wrote it kids and is the blonde woman they keep cutting to) was priceless. Truly emotional. What an album Tapestry was, not my usual sort of music back in the day, but an absolutely seminal album of it's time, and one of my all time favourites to this day.

And there aren't many people who can go head to head with Whitney and come out on top. Chaka Khan's anthem for a generation of women.

Once again great choices, thanks for sharing them.
There was a very good documentary on Carole King just recently - BBC4 A real insight into her writing. Surprised me who she had written for.

There was a very good documentary on Carole King just recently - BBC4 A real insight into her writing. Surprised me who she had written for.
I saw Carole King play in Hyde Park a few years back. She was just great and her warm, funny personality really shone through. Her daughter Louise Goffin was playing guitar in her backing band.

Back to #HERGAMETOO; I thought Amy Cranston came across well in the video.
As an aside, I saw Sutton play Harrogate recently (don't ask) and in the build-up there was an interview with Harrogate's physio, who is currently the only other female 'Head Of Medical' in the PL/EFL and she made a big deal about there only being the two of them. I think that really does reflect well on OUFC.

Guess I better see if I can get a free trial VPN......

Our #HerGameToo ambassador arranged a really interesting evening on Wednesday. Robyn Cowen hosted a discussion with Lauren Haynes, Amy Cranston, Kath Faulkner and Gemma Sims. The discussion is available to watch on the clubs YouTube Channel.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Our #HerGameToo ambassador arranged a really interesting evening on Wednesday. Robyn Cowen hosted a discussion with Lauren Haynes, Amy Cranston, Kath Faulkner and Gemma Sims. The discussion is available to watch on the clubs YouTube Channel.

Excellent stuff [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom