Henry Landers(striker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a older man I’m slightly bemused by the lack of sensible fans on this forum, maybe I’m just past it or out of touch with modern day society. I simply posted about this player as we as a club seem to struggle with talented young strikers correct me if I’m wrong. The last decent one to come through was Jamie brooks from oxford I believe, I wish I hadn’t bothered as anyone who posts on here who is not in with the clique get ridiculed. Henry is a player I have seen personally over at north Leigh when I go to watch to pass the afternoon, I’m a u’s fan and have been for many many years and gutted our own homegrown lads don’t get the dub of the green when it comes to donning the yellow shirt of oufc. Now if he was training and playing full time who knows how good he could be, his record is really good at every level. Like I said I’ve heard through the grapevine something will be done but it won’t be Oxford, now going forward if we keep picking up the likes of mackie etc financially not beneficial to our club at all, don’t score enough goals no sell on possibility’s so doesn’t really make sense but I wish him all the luck in his career as I think it will be a good and very long one at just 18

As a older man I’m slightly bemused by the lack of sensible fans on this forum, maybe I’m just past it or out of touch with modern day society. I simply posted about this player as we as a club seem to struggle with talented young strikers correct me if I’m wrong. The last decent one to come through was Jamie brooks from oxford I believe, I wish I hadn’t bothered as anyone who posts on here who is not in with the clique get ridiculed. Henry is a player I have seen personally over at north Leigh when I go to watch to pass the afternoon, I’m a u’s fan and have been for many many years and gutted our own homegrown lads don’t get the dub of the green when it comes to donning the yellow shirt of oufc. Now if he was training and playing full time who knows how good he could be, his record is really good at every level. Like I said I’ve heard through the grapevine something will be done but it won’t be Oxford, now going forward if we keep picking up the likes of mackie etc financially not beneficial to our club at all, don’t score enough goals no sell on possibility’s so doesn’t really make sense but I wish him all the luck in his career as I think it will be a good and very long one at just 18

You've posted 35 messages on this forum, 33 on this thread. If you've been a U's fan for many years (the very first, judging by your username), then maybe expand your horizons, and weigh in on other threads and topics. As long as it's not about this one player.

Get in touch with the club, the email has been posted on here so many times. We have no power to do anything for you on this forum. We are not on the recruitment board, and we don't have any greater access to the club.

You've posted 35 messages on this forum, 33 on this thread. If you've been a U's fan for many years (the very first, judging by your username), then maybe expand your horizons, and weigh in on other threads and topics. As long as it's not about this one player.

Get in touch with the club, the email has been posted on here so many times. We have no power to do anything for you on this forum. We are not on the recruitment board, and we don't have any greater access to the club.
I do as I wish not as you tell me........I have been a fan for many many years who are you to say otherwise??

I do as I wish not as you tell me........I have been a fan for many many years who are you to say otherwise??

I didn't say otherwise. I said for an Oxford fan on an Oxford forum, 95% of your posts have been about one player at North Leigh.

I'm actively encouraging you to take more of a part in other sections of this forum. Email the club, get in touch with someone who actually has the power to scout and/or sign this kid, and then maybe talk about other aspects of the club in the other threads of this forum.

Maybe you have an opinion on Tiger, Karl, Kassam, or the other current members of the first team and youth squads? I'd like to hear it.

I didn't say otherwise. I said for an Oxford fan on an Oxford forum, 95% of your posts have been about one player at North Leigh.

I'm actively encouraging you to take more of a part in other sections of this forum. Email the club, get in touch with someone who actually has the power to scout and/or sign this kid, and then maybe talk about other aspects of the club in the other threads of this forum.

Maybe you have an opinion on Tiger, Karl, Kassam, or the other current members of the first team and youth squads? I'd like to hear it.
I do and it’s best left unsaid how’s that......there all bad apples and not good enough for our club

Simply posting about the player is great. But as has been pointed out several times, no one on here can do a thing about it, you seem to see it as some injustice that Oufc hasn’t considered him, yet even oxford city passed up the opportunity. I’m sure there is not a single poster on here that doesn’t wish him well whoever he plays for, maybe that could have been Oufc if u had just passed on his details, or maybe they could have told u the reasons why it’s no from them. But constantly posting in an I told u so manner, when no one has even said he’s not good enough is gonna cause the reaction your getting

It’s just very boring. I’m sure he’s very good at the level he plays at, but there is a huge step up from semi pro to pro, even at L1. I’m not sure if you played much? I played bottom rung of semi pro for a couple of seasons, and even then (we are talking years ago), you could see who was good at that level, but wouldn’t get any further. It’s normally to do with pace. If this boy is very quick, then someone will pick him up, and give him a go. But if he’s not, he won’t be....can we close this thread please? I’m sure the bloke who started the thread means well, but it’s all gone a bit weird.....

It’s just very boring. I’m sure he’s very good at the level he plays at, but there is a huge step up from semi pro to pro, even at L1. I’m not sure if you played much? I played bottom rung of semi pro for a couple of seasons, and even then (we are talking years ago), you could see who was good at that level, but wouldn’t get any further. It’s normally to do with pace. If this boy is very quick, then someone will pick him up, and give him a go. But if he’s not, he won’t be....can we close this thread please? I’m sure the bloke who started the thread means well, but it’s all gone a bit weird.....

Come, come, we’re just getting started. I expect this thread to be the big one during the close season. Pull up a comfy chair, pour yourself a stiff drink and enjoy the next four months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom