Manager/Coach Good bye and thank you.

Next weeks away game at Morecambe is vital.
No ifs or buts, we have to win it. We cannot afford to allow them to get 3 points. Even a draw is not enough. We have to win this one.
By doing so, we can put clear daylight between us and that last relegation place.

This game takes on huge significance in our fight to stay up. LM now has just one week to set up for this monumental 6 pointer.
Personally, we have it in us to win and win well.
It will be a huge step forward if we can.

Short played Smyth and enquired about recalling Jones. Which would suggest he wasn't complicit in their terrible treatment this season.

Also, Jordan Archer was bang average for us. No real command of his area. No thanks.
Hopefully the true level of KR's spiteful behaviour will emerge in the coming weeks
The guy was out of control
Plenty of people tried to moderate his behaviour but the only one who had any level of success was Mous
Once he was gone we went into a death spiral
The coaches were not complicit and privately described the manager's treatment of individual players or staff members as 'disgusting'

Last edited:
I’ve felt that in the last two games we’ve actually had some semblance of belief about ourselves and have looked better for it. Okay, results haven’t changed yet, but they can’t change without us improving. We have done that. We look like we could get a result and that hasn’t been the case for a good while.

I’m not sure many of the coaching staff are up to it long term and I think they may indeed need to make way as the club is just desperate for a fresh start, but I don’t think it’s going to be very helpful to start calling for it to happen now. We really do need to get to the summer and make changes then if necessary, not start burning it all down before the new manager and his assistant have even taken a training session.

That might be true, but it doesn't change where we are today. It is now all about league survival and the idea that this would be improved by bringing in an entirely new coaching team doesn't add up in my view.
Hahahaha ,we were going up according to you. Playoffs & all-sorts, I'll say no more...

Agreed on the last two displays that there seems more desire, but defensively we look shocking and just as bad as an attacking threat, this coaching regime has to own up that they were/are part of the reason we're in this mess. Surely their coaching methods and style are not going to change with the new manager coming in.

Agreed on the last two displays that there seems more desire, but defensively we look shocking and just as bad as an attacking threat, this coaching regime has to own up that they were/are part of the reason we're in this mess. Surely their coaching methods and style are not going to change with the new manager coming in.

Need to drop Findlay from the starting line up and go with something like this.

.....................Eastwood................................
...Anderson Long Moore Brown Fleming....
..............Brannagan Mcguane.....................
...........Goodrham........Wildschut.................
........................Joseph..................................

Subs: O'Donkor, Bate, Findlay, Smyth, Bodin (when fit), Konate, Smith, McGinty

I actually backed us to draw each of the last two games as I thought we'd do better
But I suspect a new voice might improve things even more
Of course the squad was gutted out by KR but I think we have enough quality left to stay up despite his scorched earth actions

Last edited:
Hopefully the true level of KR's spiteful behaviour will emerge in the coming weeks
The guy was out of control
Plenty of people tried to moderate his behaviour but the only one who had any level of success was Mous
Once he was gone we went into a death spiral
The coaches were not complicit and privately described the manager's treatment of individual players or staff members as 'disgusting'
Which raises even more questions about the obvious blind spot that messrs Williams and Ferguson had. They are as much if not more culpable than KR if we go down this season

Need to drop Findlay from the starting line up and go with something like this.

.....................Eastwood................................
...Anderson Long Moore Brown Fleming....
..............Brannagan Mcguane.....................
...........Goodrham........Wildschut.................
........................Joseph..................................

Subs: O'Donkor, Bate, Findlay, Smyth, Bodin (when fit), Konate, Smith, McGinty
I really can't understand how Findlay has become the fall guy for the whole defensive unit. He was out of the side for months while we tried every other conceivable option and we got worse to the point there was a clamber to play him. It's not got any better, so is he the issue or is it the way they're set up? We've tried Long in there, disaster. We've tried Ciaran Brown in there, disaster... Who next before we actually conclude they aren't set up properly? Findlay has brought the ball out of defence far more than Moore which has been the constant criticism of him, wrongly. People just see what they want; he's actually pretty solid on the ball, nothing flashy but certainly no worse than McNally who played in a much better team and regularly got caught on the ball. Yet, he was deemed fantastic... Moore has looked distinctly average but who wouldn't when you're left so exposed? I really don't get what has to happen before people realise our entire defence just hasn't had any proper attention paid to it for months on end, not to mention the lack of any midfielder in the squad who thinks about them when making decisions. It's a structural issue, as Liam says himself. Won't make the blindest bit of difference who plays in there until they're told where to be and when.

I think blaming any one member of the defence is a bit wide of the mark. While we have wide midfielders who can't/won't track back properly and (more importantly) no decent defensive midfielder to protect them, whilst the rest of the midfield repeatedly give the ball away for fun, any defence is going to be under pressure. That's not to say the defence (or the players within it) are up to standard - they aren't - but it is IMO a symptom of the poor make up of the squad. Smyth looked OK (albeit playing further forward), I'd be tempted to play him at CDM.

Back
Top Bottom