A big thank you to KR and Tiger

Dont forget Pep ;)
Whilst the rest of us survived Pep sadly my lad didn’t. Like so many others at that time he fell away. We were soooo bad then. But I think Pep might actually have a better record than KR right now! Some will cry loyal supporters! Etc but it’s far deeper than that.
For those of us who’ve been going for years OUFC is engraved on our souls. We’d go even in the southern premier. But for the majority, the very fans Tiger want to attract, the Wembley 36k, well we’re going to need to play a lot better than we are now.

When we were relegated to the conference the crowds went up, so was that because of the expectation of winning more games?
Do people want to see want to see winning football over quality.

Not a pop at the OP.

I have no issue with fans not wanting to turn up. It's their choice if they do or not. Like someone said, it isn't cheap going to games.

What does annoy me is that right now we seem to have more and more people saying they wont go until KR is sacked yet I bet they all turned up last Tuesday to a game that everyone knew we would lose, even the players and staff knew it!
I've said it before and i'll say it again, we have some of the best fans in this league when its all going well. As soon as we are going through a bad patch we have some of the worst fans around who are very quick to jump on any little negative they can find.
I find it amazing how suddenly we have all these ITK people who have heard rumours about unrest amongst the players, how nasty My Derry is to the players etc. Yet when it is all going well no one knows anything.

I personally think that right now, while the team and manager could be doing a lot more to turn results around I think we as fans could do a lot more too.

Agree with this, it's a lack of real passion in my opinion with any excuse thrown in!

It’s about time the players stepped up a notch and showed real commitment across the team. At the moment we have few players trying hard and others not prepared to put in a shift.
Eastwood being out certainly hasn’t helped us. I just hope that Robinson can motivate the players sufficiently tonight to put in a decent performance.
What was supposed to a really good season is now turning into one that could have a nightmare end. Like Plymouth we are not too big to go down.
When you consider the likes of Fleetwood and Accrington without resources are flying high, questions need to be asked as to why that is. I don’t much like Steve Evans but boy can he get his players to achieve results wherever he goes

People have very short memories - we are league one. A few seasons ago we were struggling in the conference - people need to show some perspective. So the people who are struggling to get there Tuesday where happy to go last week against Man City?

Well don't go then - the team is struggling. They need support now; nothing else will do at the moment
They may need support but I want entertainment for my money.

Agree with this, it's a lack of real passion in my opinion with any excuse thrown in!

Amazing any managers get sacked at other clubs with their incredible passionate fans who never turn on managers.

Tool?? Get out of here sonny. It should be be entertaining, but it’s also about supporting your team at this level
I apologise for the tool comment but we pay good money and to want attractive football isn't much to ask. I've been going to the manor and now the tripod since the seventies so it gets pretty wearing watching drab football.

I apologise for the tool comment but we pay good money and to want attractive football isn't much to ask. I've been going to the manor and now the tripod since the seventies so it gets pretty wearing watching drab football.
No problem, I know what you mean! But there is drama this season even if the football isn’t so good

It kind of is to be honest. What most fans want is attractive football and to win games, those seasons come once in a decade or so for most clubs. In fact I would say our league two promotion was probably about as perfect a season since 95/96.

The Atkins era, first conference season and the promotion season had plenty of wins but not much attractive football. Spells of football under Rix (right at the beginning!), Diaz and even Appleton's first season had attractive football but not many wins.

It is extremely hard to deliver.

Me? Personally, I only come for the buzz of when the ball hits the back of the net. Not really bothered by how it gets there.

For me, the most important thing is results.

Of course it would be great to get results and playing scintillating football but how many teams really produce this?
Nowadays, it seems that people are too worried about playing "football" than the end product.

One of the things that annoys me the most is snobbery amongst fans about "anti football" that Wycombe play......id swap our results for theirs right now.

Back
Top Bottom