League One Gareth Ainsworth

What a novel idea! Manager is announced as leaving, 5 minutes later, manager is announced as arriving. It'll never catch on. Tin pot.

Actually kind of curious to see how Ainsworth gets on at QPR. Can't imagine Dickie would enjoy playing hoofball
They haven’t won in 11/12 games, massive task on his hands.

Is he just jammy at Wycombe or is he a winning manager?

I'm intrigued to see how Wycombe do now he's gone. will they keep progressing or will they start falling away from the bigger teams. Either way I don't think anybody can question the job he did there

Actually kind of curious to see how Ainsworth gets on at QPR. Can't imagine Dickie would enjoy playing hoofball
It will be very interesting.
The reason Ainsworth hasn't got a decent job in the Championship before, I suspect, is the difference in style he will have to get his teams playing.
Plus of course QPR like bringing through younger players and Ainsworth likes having older professionals
He has his chance and will get a honeymoon period with the supporters as he was very popular there as a player- but the Board don't hang around.

Manager of QPR!

Good luck to him!
I guess he won’t have any accommodation issues e.g. just unhitch his caravan and hook it up near the QPR training ground! Be a b****r to move after 11 years though 🤣🤣

Deserves the chance though, done a great job at Wycombe.

Last edited:
It will be very interesting.
The reason Ainsworth hasn't got a decent job in the Championship before, I suspect, is the difference in style he will have to get his teams playing.
Plus of course QPR like bringing through younger players and Ainsworth likes having older professionals
He has his chance and will get a honeymoon period with the supporters as he was very popular there as a player- but the Board don't hang around.
Yeah where’s Graham Westley now?

Yeah where’s Graham Westley now?

To be fair to Ainsworth, which is hard given the whole ridiculous dress sense and haircut, he is not really a Westley type. A proper ex pro who had a decent career, he has gone about learning his trade as a manager in the lower leagues and taken Wycombe from relegation candidates in league 2 to league 1 play off hopefuls (with a fluky promotion and 1 season stay in the championship). You can criticise the style of play he has used but at least he has a plan and seems to think through everything.

I think some of the criticism on here of him on here comes about from jealousy, Wycombe got a better manager than us, he is far more intelligent than Robinson and I wouldn't write him off from being a success at the higher levels, he will know he will have to adapt his style and Wycombe looked to be moving to being more of a footballing side this season (they were certainly a lot better than us, they could actually pass the ball forwards) now that he had more resources.

It would actually be nice to see some managers from the lower leagues get given a chance higher up, rather than very rarely and then for about 8 games before getting sacked.

To be fair to Ainsworth, which is hard given the whole ridiculous dress sense and haircut, he is not really a Westley type. A proper ex pro who had a decent career, he has gone about learning his trade as a manager in the lower leagues and taken Wycombe from relegation candidates in league 2 to league 1 play off hopefuls (with a fluky promotion and 1 season stay in the championship). You can criticise the style of play he has used but at least he has a plan and seems to think through everything.

I think some of the criticism on here of him on here comes about from jealousy, Wycombe got a better manager than us, he is far more intelligent than Robinson and I wouldn't write him off from being a success at the higher levels, he will know he will have to adapt his style and Wycombe looked to be moving to being more of a footballing side this season (they were certainly a lot better than us, they could actually pass the ball forwards) now that he had more resources.

It would actually be nice to see some managers from the lower leagues get given a chance higher up, rather than very rarely and then for about 8 games before getting sacked.
Alright Gareth you can leave the forum now 🤣

5-1 now. Thorniley and Nelson both on the scoresheet

Back
Top Bottom