General Flares... Again...

I thought it was actually illegal to use pyro at matches. If that is right then no club can 'allow' it especially not by creating an Ultras zone in a new stadium where a blind eye is turned. Surely the focus should be on getting it decriminalised / more accepted - perhaps the new safer versions as described will help. Could a club themselves set up some sort of pyro display? Those flame blower things are used sometimes?
When anything is funded by the club it loses authenticity to me. But you are spot on that pyro needs to be decriminalised.

I feel really sorry for whoever the lad was who got arrested at Exeter. He was probably just wanting to create a bit of colour and noise in a bleak season, and he could end up with a criminal record?

Arresting lads at football for innocuous things is surely a waste of police resources.

According to the FSA: "You don’t have to let off a flare inside a stadium for it to be a criminal offence. Possession of a smoke bomb or flare is itself a crime if you even attempt to enter a stadium – and that can include possession en route to the match. The law doesn’t actually distinguish between smoke bombs, flares or fireworks either."
The term is “pyrotechnic article”. Until laws change there is not much chance of club stance changing.
That's insane.

When anything is funded by the club it loses authenticity to me. But you are spot on that pyro needs to be decriminalised.

I feel really sorry for whoever the lad was who got arrested at Exeter. He was probably just wanting to create a bit of colour and noise in a bleak season, and he could end up with a criminal record?

Arresting lads at football for innocuous things is surely a waste of police resources.

He got a three year stadium ban

He got a three year stadium ban
OUSP is trying to share as much info as possible so that our fans understand the implications and hopefully reconsider. Pyro will almost always be a court sentence of 3-5 years, regardless of the club.
We would rather keep our fans in the stands, but anyone thinking of taking pyro risks a lengthy ban.
There is some information in our last newsletter (feel free to share).

Back
Top Bottom