Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.41 - Derby at home

You have stated the mood exactly as I see it Paul. Your comments re our Board are spot on and, if we do end up with relegation, the buck stops fairly & squarely with them.

"neither over the moon nor distraught" about Manning coming here sums up my view entirely.

I'm starting to wonder whether LM's flair for playing good football will clash very badly with the styles in L2 should we find ourselves in the basement next term
Exactly. The same as what's needed to keep us up?

Felt hard done by on Saturday, certainly the Derby fans I travelled with, knew they were lucky to take all 3 points.
As soon as Smyth missed the 1 on 1, I turned to the person next to me and said it would go 3-1. Our season in a nutshell, missing big chances and conceding from the opposition doing very little.

There were definitely green shoots in the performance, I liked Smyth, showed a willingness to get on the ball and drive forward, but that does highlight the lack of that this season more than him being some kind of saviour.

3 refereeing mistakes in the run up to Derby's 2nd. He was a strange ref, completely duped by James Collins every time (though not the first, we've seen that a number of times playing Collins in the past - he's very good at winning free-kicks).

Can't decide on Manning - if we were in midtable, I'd be delighted and looking forward to next season with excitement. The current situation though does have me speculating whether it's a case of "right appointment, wrong time".
I agree with the comments on his style in L2. But lets hope we can drag enough points out the bag from somewhere. We've got to win again at some point - surely?!

On the camera thing -

Technically the EFL own the copyright to all images/video taken within a stadium, and obviously media organisations have to have accreditation to present/taking content etc.
Section 17, 20 and 21 cover it off on here - https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-documents/ground-regulations.pdf

I used to take a small pocket camera in the Conference and when we came back in the EFL, upload my images/videos online/YouTube, and came up against multiple requests for them to be removed as they "breached copyright".

I understood that years back when phone cameras were rubbish so anyone using a better quality of camera could put out decent images/videos from the stands but a large percentage of match attending crowds have a good quality camera on their phone these days.

I guess they're just trying to stop non-accredited people taking shed loads of professional quality content and using it beyond just popping in a blog/saving to their personal files.

Got to be consistent though - with Vlogging making such a huge return, and thousands of YouTube channels full of videos of match action - feels like that these regulations need re-visiting as they're just not sensible for the amount of modern technology available.

Last edited:
Felt hard done by on Saturday, certainly the Derby fans I travelled with, knew they were lucky to take all 3 points.
As soon as Smyth missed the 1 on 1, I turned to the person next to me and said it would go 3-1. Our season in a nutshell, missing big chances and conceding from the opposition doing very little.

There were definitely green shoots in the performance, I liked Smyth, showed a willingness to get on the ball and drive forward, but that does highlight the lack of that this season more than him being some kind of saviour.

3 refereeing mistakes in the run up to Derby's 2nd. He was a strange ref, completely duped by James Collins every time (though not the first, we've seen that a number of times playing Collins in the past - he's very good at winning free-kicks).

Can't decide on Manning - if we were in midtable, I'd be delighted and looking forward to next season with excitement. The current situation though does have me speculating whether it's a case of "right appointment, wrong time".
I agree with the comments on his style in L2. But lets hope we can drag enough points out the bag from somewhere. We've got to win again at some point - surely?!

On the camera thing -

Technically the EFL own the copyright to all images/video taken within a stadium, and obviously media organisations have to have accreditation to present/taking content etc.
Section 17, 20 and 21 cover it off on here - https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-documents/ground-regulations.pdf

I used to take a small pocket camera in the Conference and when we came back in the EFL, upload my images/videos online/YouTube, and came up against multiple requests for them to be removed as they "breached copyright".

I understood that years back when phone cameras were rubbish so anyone using a better quality of camera could put out decent images/videos from the stands but a large percentage of match attending crowds have a good quality camera on their phone these days.

I guess they're just trying to stop non-accredited people taking shed loads of professional quality content and using it beyond just popping in a blog/saving to their personal files.

Got to be consistent though - with Vlogging making such a huge return, and thousands of YouTube channels full of videos of match action - feels like that these regulations need re-visiting as they're just not sensible for the amount of modern technology available.
Does anyone on here remember MincheryFarmWeb (or something like that?) from days gone by. As an exile used to look at their photos of the games and then the EFL shut them down.

Back
Top Bottom