Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.22: Peterborough away

It really was an appalling display. I forced myself to watch the iFollow highlights which give even more clarity and show Thorniley and Moore in a very poor light.
As an aside, they do also show that we probably should have had at least one penalty.

Thanks again.
Couldn’t go, thank goodness
Can’t bring myself to watch “highlights”
Depressing

It’s interesting to read that you remain unconvinced by Buckingham Paul. I have to say I feel the same but do wonder if I’m being unfair. I think the fact that he has come in on his own, without his own team, has meant the start to ‘his era’ and not been clearly defined. That, along with a squad that is starting to show cracks and weaknesses, mean it’s all been a difficult baptism. I still live in hope that he will prove to be a good appointment but he certainly has a lot of work to do, and I never thought that would need to be said when he came through the door..

Re the DB 'debate'. His first day with the players was 20th November, so he has been here three weeks. He did not set this squad up, so complaints about the lack of a striker etc are completely irrelevant, and neither has he been responsible for the injuries (although in truth I'm still not happy about Browne's introduction as a sub on such a freezing day after such a long layoff!). His lack of an assistant won't be helping.

BUT I think it is certainly true to say that whatever he has done has certainly not improved us. I haven't seen such a turgid, unexciting and unthreatening performance as Saturday's first half for a long, long time. The second half was a bit better when compared to that - but still extremely poor.

DBs RadOx 'wasn't at the game' post game interview is worth listening to as opposed to his iFollow one, he seemed to have calmed down a bit by the latter - hopefully he'll put his stamp on the way we play for Tuesday (not sure he can do *that* much about the personnel).

Not “no one”, Werthers; just the impatient.
Good point. Just because he is being questioned doesn't mean he's not wanted. The facts of his first few games in charge are there in the record books. And we know what the performances were like too.

Shocked Paul by your hostility to Buckingham. You generally seem a pretty reasonable guy. The " pay off Des” gag- if it was a gag -you seem to be trying to have it both ways, is beneath you. I'd expect better

Shocked Paul by your hostility to Buckingham. You generally seem a pretty reasonable guy. The " pay off Des” gag- if it was a gag -you seem to be trying to have it both ways, is beneath you. I'd expect better
Of course it was gag. Humour is needed at times like these.
If we win tomorrow he'll be the best manager we've ever had and his contract should be extended. :)

Appleton got off to a slow start. And Robinson (with an even slower end!). And Manning tbh. Buckingham's hardly been here any time at all. Only Watford would judge a manager so fast!

Appleton got off to a slow start. And Robinson (with an even slower end!). And Manning tbh. Buckingham's hardly been here any time at all. Only Watford would judge a manager so fast!
But that defensive display raises questions that would not be raised if it had not been so dreadful.
Reading are hardly a form side so hopefully we'll get back on track tomorrow night in front of a big away following.

Only saw the highlights but agree on defense. Thorniley, Brown and Moore static for the tap in! Simply stood and watched on the edge of the box as two Peterborough pounced after Beadle’s save. Hope they got a rollicking for it as totally unprofessional. One bad enough - but three!

Back
Top Bottom