Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.46 - Bolton at home

It is all so depressing. What was once greeted with anticipation and excitement has become, almost, a chore. I keep hearing that oft used quote "it's the hope that kills you"

As for the stadium, I wouldn't bother. It's been done to death. Stadco couldn't care less and the club's delegated employees care barely any more. Mrs L pointed to a biscuit wrapper on the floor by our seats and confirmed that it had lain there since the last home game. It will probably still be there on Tuesday evening, as will we. More torture.

It is all so depressing. What was once greeted with anticipation and excitement has become, almost, a chore. I keep hearing that oft used quote "it's the hope that kills you"

As for the stadium, I wouldn't bother. It's been done to death. Stadco couldn't care less and the club's delegated employees care barely any more. Mrs L pointed to a biscuit wrapper on the floor by our seats and confirmed that it had lain there since the last home game. It will probably still be there on Tuesday evening, as will we. More torture.
Yes, there is a strong suspicion that the club just couldn't give a damn. Take our money and that's it other than try to take some more. An extra fifty quid to eat before a game even when we've supposedly paid for premium seats already. And if you are a non-season ticket holder it's £80. But hey, at least you get to meet Shandon Baptiste if you pay up tomorrow. And don't start me on the end of season awards.

Yes, there is a strong suspicion that the club just couldn't give a damn. Take our money and that's it other than try to take some more. An extra fifty quid to eat before a game even when we've supposedly paid for premium seats already. And if you are a non-season ticket holder it's £80. But hey, at least you get to meet Shandon Baptiste if you pay up tomorrow. And don't start me on the end of season awards.
Surely there has to be an end of season awards? It must contain the category of "Best manager of the year award."
If not there will be hell to play from Butch and Sundance, if they cant vote one last time for their moronic clown.

“Cambridge are only bottom four because their GD is vastly inferior to ours. They’re on form and have collected 10 points from the last 12 they’ve played for. They’re at home to Wycombe on Tuesday and their remaining fixtures include Accrington away. Their final game is home to FGR. I think they’ll probably pick up at least 9 more points.”

Meanwhile, MK Dons finish their season with fixtures at home to Charlton and Barnsley and away to Fleetwood and Burton (on the final day). I can see them getting four points from those games, meaning we would need seven points to catch them in the event that Cambridge leapfrog us. Which I fear will happen by 5pm on Saturday, if not 10pm tonight.

We have taken just 17 points from our last 22 fixtures and only five from our last 15. One third of a season; five points. Including the final eight fixtures of last season, we’re at 48 points from our last 49 league encounters. Less than one point per game for over an entire season’s worth of fixtures. We probably need to get 1.5PPG over the next five to stay up.

Tonight is just enormous.

“Cambridge are only bottom four because their GD is vastly inferior to ours. They’re on form and have collected 10 points from the last 12 they’ve played for. They’re at home to Wycombe on Tuesday and their remaining fixtures include Accrington away. Their final game is home to FGR. I think they’ll probably pick up at least 9 more points.”

Meanwhile, MK Dons finish their season with fixtures at home to Charlton and Barnsley and away to Fleetwood and Burton (on the final day). I can see them getting four points from those games, meaning we would need seven points to catch them in the event that Cambridge leapfrog us. Which I fear will happen by 5pm on Saturday, if not 10pm tonight.

We have taken just 17 points from our last 22 fixtures and only five from our last 15. One third of a season; five points. Including the final eight fixtures of last season, we’re at 48 points from our last 49 league encounters. Less than one point per game for over an entire season’s worth of fixtures. We probably need to get 1.5PPG over the next five to stay up.

Tonight is just enormous.
Sam Smith scoring goals for fun for Cambridge at the moment as well. Can't see them getting relegated now, their form has taken a real turn.

Think we could come to regret not turning Port Vale over, could have dragged them into the mix, being 6 points ahead of us is massive for them, not to mention the potential of a new manager boost now that Clarke has gone.

We desperately need a first win under Manning, would also be nice not to be turned over by the bloke who could have quite easily been our manager.

We desperately need a first win under Manning, would also be nice not to be turned over by the bloke who could have quite easily been our manager.

But for a serious of missed opportunities; seriously, you couldn't count the number of opportunities to improve the footballing experience these 2 complacent middle-managers have missed on the fingers of two Sc*mdon supporters. :mad:

Cannot disagree with every single word you have written. I feared the worst when Manning was appointed, wrong person and far too late anyway. MK were in dire trouble when he left, now, not so. Who in their right minds would pick someone with an almost identical recent history to KR, winning handsomely with a squad of good players but facing relegation without adding adequate replacements.

An excellent write up that Paul, summarized the feeling of most/all fans perfectly.
I was feeling so down after the match, becoming exasperated by refereeing standards, I decided I couldn't face the trip on Tuesday. Normally Pompey at home is a must not miss.
I'm sure the goalie challenge/assault could have been two reds - serious dangerous play (tackle up in air and head down, he could have broken his neck or back) and preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity.
The anger about the decision is compounded with the thought "What were the other members of the refereeing team thinking" Surely over the earpiece the 4th official or linesperson could have said to the ref that is 100% a red, no doubt about it, and between them come to the correct decision.

Back
Top Bottom