Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - no.36 - Bolton at home

As per usual you have highlighted the areas which the fans know needed to be sorted out, perhaps KR needs to read this. !

It's a mistake to suggest (as several did on RadOx) that attacking flair is at odds with defensive solidity. Perhaps their third goal could be attributed in part to some players being too high up the pitch in pressing for a winner, but attacking intent had nothing to do with their first two goals. The first goal, in particular, was down to defensive lapses. A couple of weeks ago, I asked whether goalkeepers could be coached better to stop shot across them. The question remains, as I think Stevens should have at least got a hand to it.

I also wonder if we are too dependent organisationally on Kane. He had a fairly poor game yesterday, and the impact on the side seems disproportionate.

Couldn't agree more Paul. Defensively we are just not doing the job. No team gets to be promoted on this form.

In the last three home games the opposition have had 13 shots on target (SW 5, Pompey 3, Bolton 5) and we've conceded 7 goals. Compared to Rotherham have gone 800+ minutes (in League games) without conceding a goal. Last goal conceded was against Bolton on 1st Jan.

It was certainly good to see Bolton actually coming with the intention playing proper football (and in their traditional home/first kit) Full credit to them. None of this shithousery, time wasting, conning ref rubbish displayed by most teams.
Although however their No 5 got away with manhandling MT at most opportunities I do not know.

It was certainly good to see Bolton actually coming with the intention playing proper football (and in their traditional home/first kit) Full credit to them. None of this shithousery, time wasting, conning ref rubbish displayed by most teams.
Although however their No 5 got away with manhandling MT at most opportunities I do not know.
I do. It was down to incompetent refereeing decisions in that regard. Or more to the point , lack of decisions.

Back
Top Bottom