Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.37 - Plymouth at home

Thanks @Paul B - it must be hard to keep fingers on keyboard at this time. I must admit that I actually think Wildschut has something, not that we've seen much so far. As for the rest, yes, Goodrham is the standout success of this season. I wonder how many bids will be coming in come the end of the season? Mrs L and I have given up with away games for the rest of this season bar Forest Green (maybe) Just don't have any enthusiasm left.

Another brilliant summing up Paul.
The lack of formation, the poor decision making, the lack of discipline are all there for everyone to see. Its always said a team reflects the manager, and poor decision making and lack of discipline sum the current version of Robinson to a tee.
Disturbing that the manager wants to play 4-3-3, yet the squad is so ill equiped to play it. Why is it so obvious to fans and not to the manager?

Another brilliant summing up Paul.
The lack of formation, the poor decision making, the lack of discipline are all there for everyone to see. Its always said a team reflects the manager, and poor decision making and lack of discipline sum the current version of Robinson to a tee.
Disturbing that the manager wants to play 4-3-3, yet the squad is so ill equiped to play it. Why is it so obvious to fans and not to the manager?
Or the powers who own the club

Thanks @Paul B - it must be hard to keep fingers on keyboard at this time. I must admit that I actually think Wildschut has something, not that we've seen much so far. As for the rest, yes, Goodrham is the standout success of this season. I wonder how many bids will be coming in come the end of the season? Mrs L and I have given up with away games for the rest of this season bar Forest Green (maybe) Just don't have any enthusiasm left.

I agree with this. He can look a bit like a blunt instrument sometimes but that is something we've missed, he's a big bear of a bloke and he'll put it about. The concern is if he's another of Robinson's recruits that can only manage 65 minutes (Anderson is normally off around this mark each game and Murphy (🤷‍♂️) even less so).

Not that there was any structure in the first place, but what we did have completely fell to pieces when Wildschut went off and Joseph went out wide. We constantly hoof it up the pitch, so for as long as that's our only option then we've got to play the two big, physical players up there to compete. It's no wonder Matty Taylor went from 20 goal a season striker to 3 goal a season striker playing in this 'system'. @Paul B is correct that Tyler Smith had zero physical threat. He actually looks to have a fair bit of pace but pace doesn't make you 1 foot taller, which is what he needed last night.

We would actually be better off putting Findlay up front instead of Smith and Baldock if we're going to continue this way of playing until the end of the season.

You've nailed it Paul.
I stayed at home and watched on ifollow. The commentary very kindly informed us, firstly, Anthony Forde had scored for Wrexham, then as we brought on Murphy and Smith, that Jodi Jones had scored for Notts Co.
By gum how we could do with those two players now.
Forde was the perfect player required to build a squad of 20 players. To think we let him leave around the same time we signed Murphy and now we have a squad decimated to smithereens.
The locals here in Notts are delighted with Jodi Jones, they are totally baffled how they have managed to get him. Apparently, first few games he has come on as sub for last 15/20 minutes, looked strong, fit, fast and a big threat. Oh why, why oh why did KRob not give him more opportunities?

Another £10 wasted for me,the collection of individuals who currently wear a yellow shirt
offered very little and the result was only ever going one way, 1 point out of 6 games hardly gives any confidence for the remainder of the season, if the team stays up a complete rebuilding will have to take place,and a complete overhaul of the management has to take place. The board seem to have never considered that this is a entertainment business and people will not pay to watch such rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom