Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.11 - Plymouth away

Captured the events and emotions as always Paul, thanks. Things are not right at the moment, I have hopes and have heard that things are in the pipeline but, we will have to wait and see.

As for supporters melting away well, pre-season, Mrs L was keen on us repeating our trip on the LRC to Charlton. Post Plymouth and upon my announcement that tickets were going on sale 5pm Wednesday (yesterday) she was more inclined to wait and see. I have to admit that my enthusiasm is also dampened. We may change our minds but, the thought of travelling to watch another abject performance is not attractive.

Brilliant. Asks the really important questions about our club, and is rightly honest about KR.

Thank you.

As i wrote in another thread we have become an Oxford United X1

I often said last season that being unable to attend games at the moment meant i could watch in a relaxed mode, Sad to say that has quickly turned to a "Bored" mode this season. On Tuesday I found myself just wandering around from one room to another whilst "Our" team were playing, That's not me and Oxford United and when I got a text from a mate informing that Karl thought the game was even I thought he (Karl) must have missed the many chances they created that could have seen us on the end of a 4 or 5 drubbing.

Captured the events and emotions as always Paul, thanks. Things are not right at the moment, I have hopes and have heard that things are in the pipeline but, we will have to wait and see.

As for supporters melting away well, pre-season, Mrs L was keen on us repeating our trip on the LRC to Charlton. Post Plymouth and upon my announcement that tickets were going on sale 5pm Wednesday (yesterday) she was more inclined to wait and see. I have to admit that my enthusiasm is also dampened. We may change our minds but, the thought of travelling to watch another abject performance is not attractive.
Manorlounger
Care to expand about what is in the pipeline?

Your last sentiment echoes mine. It’s becoming more and more difficult to summon up the enthusiasm to travel a long way to see yet another Robinson c*ck-up (and hear the excuses that follow).

Absolutely nailed the current malaise. As much as i believe many of the problems are of Karls making, there definitely seems a rudderless ship on the whole . The complete pre- season from marketing, squad building , season tickets , fan engagement etc has been an utter shambles.
And personally, the longer the takeover goes on the more uneasy i feel.

As i wrote in another thread we have become an Oxford United X1

I often said last season that being unable to attend games at the moment meant i could watch in a relaxed mode, Sad to say that has quickly turned to a "Bored" mode this season. On Tuesday I found myself just wandering around from one room to another whilst "Our" team were playing, That's not me and Oxford United and when I got a text from a mate informing that Karl thought the game was even I thought he (Karl) must have missed the many chances they created that could have seen us on the end of a 4 or 5 drubbing.
And I thought it was just me, as a season ticket holder of long standing I would normally have purchased an I follow, but instead I listened to it on the radio whilst watching the tv, I think we all knew what the outcome would be, to say its boring is an understatement, and by the way im yet to watch a home game this season that's how interested I am at the moment

It's the train to Charlton.
And I thought it was just me, as a season ticket holder of long standing I would normally have purchased an I follow, but instead I listened to it on the radio whilst watching the tv, I think we all knew what the outcome would be, to say its boring is an understatement, and by the way im yet to watch a home game this season that's how interested I am at the moment
That is very telling. Sadly.

Accurate and fair assessment as ever Paul, you are definitely right about getting no joy from games at the moment.

For me it is even worse when Robinson comes out with analysis that is miles from what we've just witnessed.

I'm going to give the next couple of away games a miss I think having not missed a game so far this season

Accurate and fair assessment as ever Paul, you are definitely right about getting no joy from games at the moment.

For me it is even worse when Robinson comes out with analysis that is miles from what we've just witnessed.

I'm going to give the next couple of away games a miss I think having not missed a game so far this season
Again very telling.

Back
Top Bottom