Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.33 - Burton away

Depressingly accurate assessment Paul. Irrespective of who might "come into the building" before 11.00pm tonight the management (generally) of our club is in disarray. Poor communication from the top down & no faith in organisation on the pitch, I reckon we are in for a torrid second half of the season.

I admire your commitment Paul although I suspect the opportunity to visit some of England’s best pubs is becoming more of the attraction now. At least I only have to go to home matches and the occasional nearby away game. The pace and stamina of the much maligned Sykes and the versatility of Wiillams is proving to be a bigger miss than we would have thought. The replacements of Murphy and Jones are a disaster leaving us with no attacking pace. Despite the constant reminders from Robinson that the dressing room is a tight and strong unit I don’t see this on the pitch. No vocal leadership combined with a dull and predictable strategy leaves ne nervous for the rest of the season. The old adage “No-one is too good to go down” is a worry.

“Watching Oxford at the moment sucks the life out of you.”
Compare the enthusiasm for their team from the two sets of fans. And Burton are rubbish. Embarrassing.

Just as a side issue, I counted over twenty large flags around the ground (not including the ones waved by kids around the edge of the pitch). Where are all ours?? And yes, I did contribute….

I don't know if I am remembering correctly, but I think Burton is quite 'flag-friendly' : I seem to remember that they had points on the walls at the back of the away stand that had been put there specifically so people could hang flags.

Whether that is a false memory or not, I'd like any new stadium designer to think of small details like that - encouraging people to put up flags is a great way to make the place look more vibrant and fan based (rather than corporate).

Back
Top Bottom