Fan's View fan's View 22/23 - No.10 - Burton at home

What are the rules on substitutes and substitutions this season?
Looks like we had bigger benches in the League Cup and Trophy.
And can we now make up to five subs in the league ?

Yes, 5 subs allowed. Which means that having a bench full of people who can come on and make a real difference is even more important in that you can swap out half of your outfield players!

Is there some rule for head injury subs ?
Also looks like we had 7 on the bench for league games , but 9 for the cup games we’ve been in so far.

What really bothers me is there doesn't seem to be any intention to playing good entertaining football, no attempt of any passing moves, and in fact your four words describing the second goal "banged a long ball" is, sadly, a very apt description of how we are playing at the moment.

Yes, 5 subs allowed. Which means that having a bench full of people who can come on and make a real difference is even more important in that you can swap out half of your outfield players!

Also, they can only make those subs over 3 occasions.

Don't know about whether additional subs for head injuries are allowed as well though.

Also, they can only make those subs over 3 occasions.

Don't know about whether additional subs for head injuries are allowed as well though.
Don't think the type of injury makes a difference? We don't have a 'concussion sub' rule.

Always good to have one's own opinions confirmed by other observers @Paul B . Foul on Sam Long, not a foul by Marcus Browne, all the time wasting not added on (add into that a two minute head injury!)
But, as we all know, there just isn't a rebuttal system for referees. It's an appalling abuse of power and privilege.

5 subs permitted from a max of 7 named in the league. 3 opportunities to make them, but half-time doesn't count towards that.
Max of 9 named for cup games.

A concussion sub rule was brought in for 21/22- assume it still exists.

5 subs permitted from a max of 7 named in the league. 3 opportunities to make them, but half-time doesn't count towards that.
Max of 9 named for cup games.

A concussion sub rule was brought in for 21/22- assume it still exists.
It was used in our match v Portsmouth last season.

It's surprising how hard it is to find out about many of these admin-type rules.

It really shouldn't be.
I can't see a problem with places having random, obscure, and hard to find Admin rules. Half the fun of the job.

I can't see a problem with places having random, obscure, and hard to find Admin rules. Half the fun of the job.

Well if the inference is that admins here are bound by rules then I'm disappointed.

Veering slightly off topic @Paul B , as theres no football therefore no fv this weekend, is there the possibility of a fv review of the Masons Arms beer festival ?( which I believe is taking place - This weekend?) As theres pretty much not much else on

Veering slightly off topic @Paul B , as theres no football therefore no fv this weekend, is there the possibility of a fv review of the Masons Arms beer festival ?( which I believe is taking place - This weekend?) As theres pretty much not much else on
Er, seems I've missed out. Only just read this and didn't know there was a beer festival at the Masons. Guess I didn't put it in my diary as I assumed I'd be in Salop.

Back
Top Bottom