Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.14 - Wycombe at home

You’re right; it’s going to take an enormous effort of will to travel anywhere to watch that tactical disaster Robinson puts in front of us every week. I have my Exeter tickets, and Bolton too, but if nothing changes (and I mean the manager) that’s it for the season.

Paul, very good read as ever albeit not a remotely enjoyable one.

You are spot on about the plan, I said to my mate on Saturday that I've missed one game this season (Charlton away) and I'm not sure what are tactics are to win games which really is damning!

Portsmouth away is normally a given for me, Tuesday night and a short trip 50/50 at the moment.

Thanks Paul, spot on as usual.
Wycombe's goal was an odd one, the angle and flight of the delivery was unusual, but I thought Findlay should have made a better effort of getting to the ball before the Wycombe player. A CH should be determined to get to the ball first, 110% committed to win the header (like Wycombe players on every challenge) but no, he was too slow to react.
Then Eastwood hardly moved, flat footed, alright he might not have got to it, but he didn't really try. He is too slow to react, he's not alert. He has only saved 4 shots at home all season. The running total now, is the opposition have had 11 shots on target and we have conceded 7. Normally it is the first shot in the match. No wonder the team are losing heart.
I have my Exeter ticket only because it will be a new ground for me and make a weekend of it but as you say it does get harder to muster up that enthusiasm.

Wycombe's goal was an odd one, the angle and flight of the delivery was unusual, but I thought Findlay should have made a better effort of getting to the ball before the Wycombe player. A CH should be determined to get to the ball first, 110% committed to win the header (like Wycombe players on every challenge) but no, he was too slow to react.
Then Eastwood hardly moved, flat footed, alright he might not have got to it, but he didn't really try. He is too slow to react, he's not alert. He has only saved 4 shots at home all season. The running total now, is the opposition have had 11 shots on target and we have conceded 7. Normally it is the first shot in the match. No wonder the team are losing heart.
I have my Exeter ticket only because it will be a new ground for me and make a weekend of it but as you say it does get harder to muster up that enthusiasm.
It was a very fast and unexpected ball in. I’d put it down to one of those things, but we should have been able to score three ourselves so that it didn’t matter.

A home game is hundreds of miles for some. I would love to go to Exeter, and there are no current financial constraints fortunately, but not with robinson at the helm. The board need to wake up to the growing feeling amongst fans, or they will lose so many fand, and sadly that loss with some will stay permanent.

With this, I can't see Eastwood saving the Taylor shot at the end either. Makes it all a bit more depressing

Just read the review of the WW game.

Would point out that Argyle have also scored in every league game this season as well....not that that helps any.

We a e off to poorly performing MK next weekend and it looks like Manning is on notice from the fans at least...some chat about KR being an option to go back....thoughts??

Forini the WW centre back looks a tidy find ....he should have scored against us in similar vein to the one he got against you.

Hopefully you can turn this round and climb to safety....

Just read the review of the WW game.

Would point out that Argyle have also scored in every league game this season as well....not that that helps any.

We a e off to poorly performing MK next weekend and it looks like Manning is on notice from the fans at least...some chat about KR being an option to go back....thoughts??

Forini the WW centre back looks a tidy find ....he should have scored against us in similar vein to the one he got against you.

Hopefully you can turn this round and climb to safety....
Funnily enough I had registered that on my nerdy spreadsheet. Ipswich have also done the same. No coincidence that you are the top two.
As we're at Exeter on Saturday I'm sure you'll be wanting an Oxford win in that one.
Not sure all MK fans would want Robinson back. When they sacked him in 2016 after 6 years they were 19th in L1 and had just lost 3-0 at home to Southend.

Funnily enough I had registered that on my nerdy spreadsheet. Ipswich have also done the same. No coincidence that you are the top two.
As we're at Exeter on Saturday I'm sure you'll be wanting an Oxford win in that one.
Not sure all MK fans would want Robinson back. When they sacked him in 2016 after 6 years they were 19th in L1 and had just lost 3-0 at home to Southend.
You'd think MK would be mad to get rid of a guy who nearly got them promoted last year and played great football with lots of goals.

Back
Top Bottom