Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.22 - Forest Green Rovers at home

Looking at FGR accounts, their turnover in 2021 was £5,758,013 compared to ours of £5,962,767. In 2020 FGR was £6,567,275, OUFC was £6,597,060.
They certainly make good use of their ground to generate "other commercial income"
If you then factor in the £500k we have to pay Kassam (for the privilege of playing at the ground) we are actually left with less money than FGR! That is totally bonkers. So effectively on crowds of 40% of ours they have more available money to spend than us.
Full credit to FGR for turning in a profit two years on the trot, however looking at the Balance Sheet, whilst it shows net assets of £2.8M there are accumulated trading losses of £11.3M which are slightly hidden by the fact there is £13.4M of issued shares. Hence the money put in by Mr Vince is shown as Shares rather than debt.

You mentioned Exeter FA Cup. KR had better not faff about with this game. We need a good memorable Cup run this season.
Beat Exeter and we are in 3rd round and if we can get one of the big 6, they will probably rest their internationals after World Cup.
No point in this rubbish of "concentrate on league" we are not good enough for play off place and there are so many bad teams in the league this year I believe we are too good for a relegation battle so it a league season to forget so please give us a damn good FA cup run to remember.

Looking at FGR accounts, their turnover in 2021 was £5,758,013 compared to ours of £5,962,767. In 2020 FGR was £6,567,275, OUFC was £6,597,060.
They certainly make good use of their ground to generate "other commercial income"
If you then factor in the £500k we have to pay Kassam (for the privilege of playing at the ground) we are actually left with less money than FGR! That is totally bonkers. So effectively on crowds of 40% of ours they have more available money to spend than us.
Full credit to FGR for turning in a profit two years on the trot, however looking at the Balance Sheet, whilst it shows net assets of £2.8M there are accumulated trading losses of £11.3M which are slightly hidden by the fact there is £13.4M of issued shares. Hence the money put in by Mr Vince is shown as Shares rather than debt.
Fair point about Vince. Often the case at many other clubs too. I have not checked the last time he put money in in this fashion.

You mentioned Exeter FA Cup. KR had better not faff about with this game. We need a good memorable Cup run this season.
Beat Exeter and we are in 3rd round and if we can get one of the big 6, they will probably rest their internationals after World Cup.
No point in this rubbish of "concentrate on league" we are not good enough for play off place and there are so many bad teams in the league this year I believe we are too good for a relegation battle so it a league season to forget so please give us a damn good FA cup run to remember.
100% my thinking even before you've articulated it so well here.

We failed to beat the worst team in the league at home. We owe our point to our goalkeeper. These are the hard facts. Enough is enough.
Our manager is a disgrace and needs to be sacked.

Back
Top Bottom