Fan's View - Forest Green

I here [sic] via a family member of Ruffels, he doesn't have much time for any player he didn't bring in.
Well thats Eastwood fcuked then.

And it makes you wonder if the surgery to Baptiste, Hall and Obika was just a cover.

Mous and Nelson can't have long

And as for the youth development players...........

Well thats Eastwood fcuked then.

And it makes you wonder if the surgery to Baptiste, Hall and Obika was just a cover.

Mous and Nelson can't have long

And as for the youth development players...........
Thanks for pointing out my schoolboy spelling mistake, have corrected. Late night posting after several medicinal glasses....

As to the players, yes, it could be construed that several of the "good" players fall into the bracket of neglect but to hear such information even third hand, would suggest that not all is well.
I wouldn't dismiss such things so lightly. The post match interviews have shown how much of what KR says is not thought through and his tendency to name players and criticise is well documented.

Thanks for pointing out my schoolboy spelling mistake, have corrected. Late night posting after several medicinal glasses....

As to the players, yes, it could be construed that several of the "good" players fall into the bracket of neglect but to hear such information even third hand, would suggest that not all is well.
I wouldn't dismiss such things so lightly. The post match interviews have shown how much of what KR says is not thought through and his tendency to name players and criticise is well documented.

Yes - a big concern. Canice Carroll now wasting away at Brentford.

Saturday was woeful. Although we kept a clean sheet, I think we all know we were fortunate.

My main issue is that we have no clear style when attempting to score. We have zero ability to move the ball in to the box. We get to the edge then rely on Browne/Holmes/Whyte to score some screamer. If they aren’t shooting they are crossing at head height.

In this respect I feel a little sorry for smith. Whilst he has to work it out himself, he isn’t being helped by those around him. Mackie is clever, occupying the CBs making space for others, Smith doesn’t have the physicality for this yet.

We really miss Baptiste. Creatively he is very good for us along with bringing lots of energy to the midfield. The sooner we can get him back the better

No problemo - I put it down to auto-correct and my own wine induced pedantry. The problem I have with third hand information is that I can hear that Robbo hates "X" from one reliable source and then Robbo really rates him from another - and of course both statements could actually be true!

It's a bit like the guy to my left who is constantly yelling for the ball to be lumped forward and the guy in front of me urging the players to run with the ball - neither is necessarily right or wrong with their inveterate views, but the situation really needs to be looked at as a whole before it can be judged as a good or bad thing.

And yes, I'm rambling............

Saturday was woeful. Although we kept a clean sheet, I think we all know we were fortunate.

My main issue is that we have no clear style when attempting to score. We have zero ability to move the ball in to the box. We get to the edge then rely on Browne/Holmes/Whyte to score some screamer. If they aren’t shooting they are crossing at head height.

In this respect I feel a little sorry for smith. Whilst he has to work it out himself, he isn’t being helped by those around him. Mackie is clever, occupying the CBs making space for others, Smith doesn’t have the physicality for this yet.

We really miss Baptiste. Creatively he is very good for us along with bringing lots of energy to the midfield. The sooner we can get him back the better

Didn’t Baptiste’s injury coincide with our upturn in results? Not blaming him of course, but a signal I’d suggest that we shouldn’t be relying on a first-year pro to be our engine room.

Equally, Saturday aside - and I agree that we rarely looked like scoring - our recent scoring record is decent from memory, no?

I might be the only one here who was expecting yesterday to be a dull affair?

I know its the FA Cup but lets be honest, the early rounds are usually very crap. The total attendance sums up the feeling towards yesterdays match and who we were playing. If the fans struggle to go and watch us in the FA cup at home then I can bet my last £ that the players will struggle to get up for a game in a soulless, 1/4 full stadium against a village team.

I don't see yesterdays game as a set back, a sign of a bad run coming or anything else untoward. It was 2 teams playing a game football that more than likely neither particularly wanted to play when the draw was made.
Thats just drivel!
There was a worse set of circumstances at Wycombe than on Saturday and we managed to comprehensively beat them at a canter. The players were up for that.
KR was tactically out thought by Cooper on Saturday and at least two of the players he brought in are not up to it. We now have a situation where I am sure because of his inept summer recruitment we are going to give a deal to Ranger!!

Didn’t Baptiste’s injury coincide with our upturn in results? Not blaming him of course, but a signal I’d suggest that we shouldn’t be relying on a first-year pro to be our engine room.

Equally, Saturday aside - and I agree that we rarely looked like scoring - our recent scoring record is decent from memory, no?

Quite right re: relying on Baptiste, however we don't have any creativity in midfield aside from Brannagan. Behind the striker its all looks pretty promising, however the issue is getting the ball to them.

Re: scoring, I can't remember when we scored a clear cut chance. It *seems* we are relying on some 20 yard banger each match...which doesnt seem particularly sustainable.

I guess my point, while I have whittled on is that there is next to no nuance around the box....for me, thats because we dont have anyone with the quality on the ball to consistently work opening in the box.

• React
Reactions: MJB
No problemo - I put it down to auto-correct and my own wine induced pedantry. The problem I have with third hand information is that I can hear that Robbo hates "X" from one reliable source and then Robbo really rates him from another - and of course both statements could actually be true!

It's a bit like the guy to my left who is constantly yelling for the ball to be lumped forward and the guy in front of me urging the players to run with the ball - neither is necessarily right or wrong with their inveterate views, but the situation really needs to be looked at as a whole before it can be judged as a good or bad thing.

And yes, I'm rambling............
You must be sitting in the same seats as us!

Quite right re: relying on Baptiste, however we don't have any creativity in midfield aside from Brannagan. Behind the striker its all looks pretty promising, however the issue is getting the ball to them.

Re: scoring, I can't remember when we scored a clear cut chance. It *seems* we are relying on some 20 yard banger each match...which doesnt seem particularly sustainable.

I guess my point, while I have whittled on is that there is next to no nuance around the box....for me, thats because we dont have anyone with the quality on the ball to consistently work opening in the box.

You might expect Henry to be picking up some of these duties but he’s been played increasingly deeper, so hardly his fault.

You might expect Henry to be picking up some of these duties but he’s been played increasingly deeper, so hardly his fault.

Just found this!

Screenshot 2018-11-12 at 14.26.05.png

Screenshot 2018-11-12 at 14.44.51.png

Baptiste has created some of the best quality chances in the league, whilst Brannagan is creating some of the most progressive and dangerous passes per match. I think the solution is to push Brannagan further forward, behind the striker.

Just found this!

View attachment 853

View attachment 854

Baptiste has created some of the best quality chances in the league, whilst Brannagan is creating some of the most progressive and dangerous passes per match. I think the solution is to push Brannagan further forward, behind the striker.

He has been increasingly good this season and seems to be playing in his preferred position. A nailed on starter certainly currently.

Didn’t Baptiste’s injury coincide with our upturn in results? Not blaming him of course
Off the top of my head I think you're right, but it meant reshuffling the midfield, putting Mous in front of a back four around the same time. I think that's more the reason for shipping fewer goals.

At work today, a customer (Notts Co fan) rang me and said "saw your bunch on FA Cup highlights, why were both teams wearing similar colours. , couldn't tell which team was which". I think more people are colour blind than you think, it is normally red/green though.

At work today, a customer (Notts Co fan) rang me and said "saw your bunch on FA Cup highlights, why were both teams wearing similar colours. , couldn't tell which team was which". I think more people are colour blind than you think, it is normally red/green though.
It's colours in the red/green fields so like some reds and browns seem similar, turquoise/pale blue and blue/purples and pink/grey. That bloke seems quite a severe case!

It's colours in the red/green fields so like some reds and browns seem similar, turquoise/pale blue and blue/purples and pink/grey. That bloke seems quite a severe case!
I have red green defiency colour blindness ... and yellow & light green are definitely colours that can seem very similar.
I didn't go to the match, and just looking at the highlights (as well as match reports) makes me glad that I didn't as I would have had a hard time telling which player was from which team at a distance.

I think 10% of males are colour blind (I know quite a few at my work who also are).. but don't think it affects females at all, or maybe a very very small percentage.

I have red green defiency colour blindness ... and yellow & light green are definitely colours that can seem very similar.
I didn't go to the match, and just looking at the highlights (as well as match reports) makes me glad that I didn't as I would have had a hard time telling which player was from which team at a distance.

I think 10% of males are colour blind (I know quite a few at my work who also are).. but don't think it affects females at all, or maybe a very very small percentage.
It certainly does affect us as I am colour blind myself but not so badly..my Dad and son was and is very bad..we tend to be the carrier of the affliction.

Back
Top Bottom