Fan's View - 19/20 - Wimbledon away

Excellent as usual Paul.
After 3 years of 2 1 defeats and not managing to see much of it, I gave it a miss this year.
The ground is truly awful for a spectator.
Another excellent result and as you said what a pass by Baptiste ( add that to his goal v Lincoln)- maybe he could one day play for England!
Thank you for all of your fans views and Happy New Year.

We missed out on the seating area this trip and ended up with terrace tickets. With the knowledge that the "view" would be limited, we arrived early and sought out a vantage point at the front with the barrier to lean on. Even so it was impossible to enjoy an unimpeded view. We had toyed with staying home and paying for iFollow coverage - our "sporting friends" at AFC at decreed no video coverage to match the poor view at the game. What a pathetic lot they must be!

However, we won. We moved up the table. We only live a 45 minute drive back down the A3 and were home before 6pm - turkey sarnies and a decent bottle of red was our reward.

Happy New Year Paul. Looking forward to the next FV already!

Great read as ever Paul. We’ve got 22 league games left though, not 20 as you reported a couple of times (unless you were approximating - although your reports are generally precise when it comes to numbers). I don’t know why but I’ve assumed 42 league games this season a couple of times since Bury were no more, but it’s 44.

Great read as ever Paul. We’ve got 22 league games left though, not 20 as you reported a couple of times (unless you were approximating - although your reports are generally precise when it comes to numbers). I don’t know why but I’ve assumed 42 league games this season a couple of times since Bury were no more, but it’s 44.
Of course it is, I've gone mad. Soon to be corrected. Cheers

"Though I did like him linking our long ball approach to the s**t view at KM. After that got very bored. Even when Oxford aren’t on a good run their fans seem to think they are some form of higher being of a club. I imagine they’ll be keeping an eye on the Man City situation as if Pep leaves they could expect him to look at them for his next gig. Similar."

A review of your report from a Wimbledon fan on their 1990s type forum.

They seem to think we have a superiority complex which amuses me especially when plenty of them refer to us with the highly original "Poxford", alternatively I would describe it as them having a mentality of just survival. I haven't seen many, if any, calling them anything other than Wimbledon on here. They also have a hard on for Jamie Mackie and KR. I'm sure KR enjoyed the win as did Mackie.

"Though I did like him linking our long ball approach to the s**t view at KM. After that got very bored. Even when Oxford aren’t on a good run their fans seem to think they are some form of higher being of a club. I imagine they’ll be keeping an eye on the Man City situation as if Pep leaves they could expect him to look at them for his next gig. Similar."

A review of your report from a Wimbledon fan on their 1990s type forum.

They seem to think we have a superiority complex which amuses me especially when plenty of them refer to us with the highly original "Poxford", alternatively I would describe it as them having a mentality of just survival. I haven't seen many, if any, calling them anything other than Wimbledon on here. They also have a hard on for Jamie Mackie and KR. I'm sure KR enjoyed the win as did Mackie.
I also really enjoyed "Met some of their fans and they’re ok but they do think they’re better than they are." We're literally top of the form table since about September and the bookies' favourite to go up - how good do they think we think we are, for us to be not as good as we think we are?!

I managed to get a seat, if I hadn't I'd have stayed located in the shire. That stand is an abomination.

I also really enjoyed "Met some of their fans and they’re ok but they do think they’re better than they are." We're literally top of the form table since about September and the bookies' favourite to go up - how good do they think we think we are, for us to be not as good as we think we are?!
Clearly bollox from them. If they'd kept an eye on us over the years they might have something to go on. Granted we had some with a superiority complex when we got relegated to the Conference. That did my head in. Teams (eventually) end up where they belong based on form. Not much, if any, of this attitude in L2 really and certainly not in L1.
I've never forgiven them for the way they treated us over the Christmas period 2012 when they made concessions pay the extra if they couldn't prove their age. And that included some quite young kids. That's stuck with me. But can't tar everyone connected with a club with the same brush whether they be employees or supporters.
I'd be interested to know what AFC fans think of their style of play.

That ground is shocking. Inadequate for 21st century third tier football.
No wonder their fans are so bitter and twisted. Imagine having to visit Kingsmeadow twenty plus times a season for your football fix.

Problem is now that ground regulations are so relaxed these days, pretty much anyone can get into the football league with an appalling ground.

Remember how rubbish Histon was? When they were in the conference play offs a decade on so ago, the FL paid them a visit just in case they went up. The ground was then approved for the Football League!

That ground is shocking. Inadequate for 21st century third tier football.
No wonder their fans are so bitter and twisted. Imagine having to visit Kingsmeadow twenty plus times a season for your football fix.
And they don't even own it. Or have the money (yet?) to move. At the moment they look like they are in a bit of a mess.

Problem is now that ground regulations are so relaxed these days, pretty much anyone can get into the football league with an appalling ground.

Remember how rubbish Histon was? When they were in the conference play offs a decade on so ago, the FL paid them a visit just in case they went up. The ground was then approved for the Football League!
IIRC the chairman of Histon at the time was on various Conf/FA/FL committees and they used to occasionally meet there. I can't remember his name (?) but I am sure there was no connection with them getting ground approval...
I can remember one occasion at Histon where I was I think the coldest I have ever been at a football match. The cold leeched up from the concrete through the soles of my Martens and by the time the game ended I am surprised the players weren't deafened by my chattering teeth.

And they don't even own it. Or have the money (yet?) to move. At the moment they look like they are in a bit of a mess.

Maybe the could abandon their club again and blame everyone else when it collapses. I don’t agree with the MK Dons but the origination of it was years in the making by woeful support at Selhurst Park or any other ground you care to mention that they pitched up at. As a former resident of Earlsfield I was always pleasantly surprised by their fans footballing ignorance in the local 5 a side leagues and pubs

I like the current ground and location and it’s feel until the moment I’ve passed through the turnstiles at which point it’s abysmal. Our ground is the opposite in some respects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom