Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.23 - Wimbledon at home

Wimbledon review, priority tickets and covid all on the one thread!!!

It's like a tub of Celebrations with nothing but bloody Bounty's!!!
What a coincidence. We have a tub of Celebrations and whilst I was watching the Wolves v Spurs game I rummaged round for a bounty.

I want to encourage a bit of positivity, the Oxford vaccine is likely to be approved in the next 2 days. Cheap not for profit and easy to distribute. A long time for herd amunity but fantastic for the individuals at risk. I expect a lot of the 4m ish people at risk to have vaccine within a couple of months.
Yes two quid ish a shot. And it can be stored in a fridge. Pfizer £15 a pop and has to be stored at -70c.
This is indeed positive stuff.

explain what's different from March onwards please

some people still did as they pleased back then and still do and will, people went away when meant to be at home and as i said back then we'll all be doubting one another...most have had flu jab but still get it so what's different there?
if people decide they don't want for whatever reason what changes and how would you know who has or hasn't?

At the moment most mortality is reported as covid related which we all know cannot be Fact, so after a vaccine is rolled out we'll hear less of it as the cause but how will we really know?
Most people don’t have the flu jab. Just older people (the age has been reduced this year for obvious reasons) and the vulnerable. I had one for the first time ever as it was offered. People who get the flu jab don’t get flu as far as I know. I’m no expert. Been doing this vaccine for years and if it was a waste of time I suspect it would have stopped by now.

What’s changed from March – back then there was no Covid vaccine. There is now. People who receive the vaccine then won’t catch Covid.

Where have you got the “most mortality is reported as covid related” from? I’ve never seen that reported anywhere. I can’t find any more up to date figures than for September this year. Then for England alone there were 39,827 registered deaths. The reported number of Covid deaths for that month was somewhere between 600 and 700 and that was for the whole of the UK. This was also the time when the reporting was changed to include only those who died within 28 days of a positive test instead of 60 days.

Never thought a Fan's View would set off such a thread as this. :)

Trust me, this oldman has been taking the flu vaccine ‘hit’ for many years, had a shingles jab last year, not had either yet. Covid jab? Bring it on...and if anyone out there gets offered and doesn’t want it please PM me, I’ll happily take the hit for you.

I too watched Spurs/wolves and I saw no reason for celebrations of ANY kind. They (Spurs is my B team) are just like Ox4d at the moment. Can only perform for about 45 minutes and often can’t cope with mediocre teams who get in their face.

Twas ever thus.

Back
Top Bottom