Home Match Day Thread +++ FAC 4th Replay - OUFC v Newcastle United MDT +++

If KR puts out a strong starting 11 and our players play as we did against citeh & west ham in the league cup I do think weve got a great chance of winning against PL opposition....a few shots on sight would mix things up a bit , besides newcastle are sometimes vulnerable to long range shots

Last edited:
If KR puts out a strong starting 11 and our players play as we did against citeh & west ham in the league cup I do think weve got a great chance of winning against PL opposition....a few shots on sight would mix things up a bit , besides newcastle are sometimes vulnerable to long range shorts

Hopefully mackie gets a rest tomorrow night ??

Oxford United 1 (Ruffles) Newcastle United 2 Att: 11539 with1699 Geordies. This will be a typical cup game; 22 players, a ball and 3 match officials. Newcastle will take the lead and score both their goals in the first two minutes. Oxford will then run the game. The U's will have 52 corners. We will have 46 free kicks. All their players will be booked. A dog will run onto the pitch. There will be a pitch invasion by the Newcastle fans, so the ref will deduct their two goals and declare us the winners. Their manager will commit suicide after the game, by jumping off the South Stand roof. COYY

Oxford United 1 (Ruffles) Newcastle United 2 Att: 11539 with1699 Geordies. This will be a typical cup game; 22 players, a ball and 3 match officials. Newcastle will take the lead and score both their goals in the first two minutes. Oxford will then run the game. The U's will have 52 corners. We will have 46 free kicks. All their players will be booked. A dog will run onto the pitch. There will be a pitch invasion by the Newcastle fans, so the ref will deduct their two goals and declare us the winners. Their manager will commit suicide after the game, by jumping off the South Stand roof. COYY
Thats ridiculous and you know it.................... Bruce has already indicated that due to injuries he will be playing nearest person goalie

On a serious note........
3 Lincoln Yellows leaving home at 1.00pm, all my work mates tell me the best chance we had of progressing in the F A Cup was the first game at St James’s Park cause the Geordie lads will be well up for it second time around and the “premiership class” will tell.......... I tell them, tune in to BBC1 at 8.05 and watch a team that could and should have taken Man City to penalties before Xmas and with new impetus (Browne, Holland & now Taylor back) we have a real chance of not just getting a result against the North East giants but also putting on a real counter attacking football show.
It just goes to show how far we have come when we as supporters are actually thinking we “can“ win rather than “hoping“ we can win.....
A full house (all but 66 tickets left as I write this), live TV camera’s, 2-3 million viewers, its got F A Cup shock written all over it...... or it could just be a straight forward home win..............!
COME ON YOU YELLOWS.............!

If we aim to sit back and hit on the counter, and Newcastle set up to do the same, it's going to be a cagey game. They don't like committing men forward, hence their lack of goals but also their quite mean defence.

Big games come along rarely for fans and players alike (although it seems like we do it all the time recently).
As for the team, Those hoping to impress will desperately want to be involved, and although we do have the Peterborough game to consider on Saturday, It must be tempting to put out our strongest eleven for this.
Newcastle do like to get the big guys into the box so we may well bring Moore in on this one. Henry misses out too, so I wonder if Taylor will start? If fit, I think he will.
Can we win? We will need to put in a hell of a shift, but we are very capable of despatching Newcastle if we play as well as we did in the away leg.
1-0 late on.

Big games come along rarely for fans and players alike (although it seems like we do it all the time recently).
As for the team, Those hoping to impress will desperately want to be involved, and although we do have the Peterborough game to consider on Saturday, It must be tempting to put out our strongest eleven for this.
Newcastle do like to get the big guys into the box so we may well bring Moore in on this one. Henry misses out too, so I wonder if Taylor will start? If fit, I think he will.
Can we win? We will need to put in a hell of a shift, but we are very capable of despatching Newcastle if we play as well as we did in the away leg.
1-0 late on.
Everyone said when we went to Newcastle that the up coming Blackpool home game was more important. we played our best team at Newcastle, played them off the park in phases and got the chance to play them again and got the 3 points against Blackpool...
We have to concentrate on the game in front of us and not look to far in front of us, yes we want to win both games and we are certainly capable in doing so, if we beat Newcastle we will definitely get the 3 points at Peterborough on Saturday....
3700 yellows went to Newcastle, let’s hope a third of them will make the relatively short trip across to the game on Saturday...
the Lincoln yellows certainly will.....

If KR puts out a strong starting 11 and our players play as we did against citeh & west ham in the league cup I do think weve got a great chance of winning against PL opposition....a few shots on sight would mix things up a bit , besides newcastle are sometimes vulnerable to long range shorts
Whatever these shorts are, I sincerely hope that all of our players will be wearing them. This sounds like just the sort of advantage we need.

Okay, then I'll definitely buy a ticket.

OM is suggesting that Hanson will play at right back and Taylor will be on the bench.

well today’s the day. don’t usually get this excited for a game but can’t wait.
come on boys, make the shire proud to be yellow

3-1 to the mighty yellows tonight,
full house, 1800 geordies making the trek to the freezing breeze block only to be taken to the sword!!

Holland will score his first in a yellow shirt tonight brannagan and browne also on the score sheet.

Cant wait to visit the hawthorns up the U'S!

We should put a strong team out, but we need to be mindful of the month we have too and not rag certain players just because. Would make sense for the likes of Hanson, Thorne, Kelly to come into the team and allow some others to take a step back for a game.

2-1 Oxford. Agree with above that Holland will get his first goal having got into good positions in the last 2 games. Taylor will hopefully start and get the second before a late Newcastle goal makes it a nervous last 15!

We should put a strong team out, but we need to be mindful of the month we have too and not rag certain players just because. Would make sense for the likes of Hanson, Thorne, Kelly to come into the team and allow some others to take a step back for a game.

It's a good point. After this game we play 3 times before Newcastle play again so the talk about them resting players is crazy!

Plus, it will be funny when we rest 3 or 4 and still beat them!!!

It's a good point. After this game we play 3 times before Newcastle play again so the talk about them resting players is crazy!

Plus, it will be funny when we rest 3 or 4 and still beat them!!!
And the games we have this month are more important to the league season than this one.

As for Newcastle, precious ❄

Back
Top Bottom